Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ports...

Page: 1 of 1
 Tesla
11-29-2003, 11:15 AM
I figured out where i have to go to open ports, just it ask you for IP addresses and stuff, what do i put for the IP address...the addy of my Server or JK3 master ?

And extrenal port and internal port...are they the same number ?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-01-2003, 1:49 AM
The router wants to know to which computer on your home network it should forward data coming through those ports. Your server's computer probably has an internal IP address like 192.168.0.3 or something like that. That's what you use.
 Tesla
12-01-2003, 4:38 AM
I can't believe this...right after i posted the question, i got it working ! :D
 Kurgan
12-02-2003, 3:07 PM
Kudos!

I was going to say use the number of your router, and open ports 29060-29099 (TCP&UDP) which is how I finally got mine working awhile back.
 Tesla
12-03-2003, 6:47 PM
Hmmm, where can i find out my internal IP address ?

It works fine (the server) just it lags massivly, it may be cause i didn't enter my internal IP..so where can i find out what it is ?
 Achilles87
12-05-2003, 2:18 AM
There should be an icon on your desktop called- My Network Places, right click this, then click properties. then it should show the connections of your computer, like 'Broadband' and 'LAN' right click your main connection, if you have a router, it would be LAN. then press the 'Status' button. Then you should be able to get your IP from there. Hope this helps :)
 Tesla
12-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Thank you very much, ok opened UDP & TCP, it works....just i lags proper bad, and it starting to really ticl me off, i believe it lags when im in there :(

Im going to run a check and see if i have any spyware which my be controbuting to the lag....and just a question...but is it supposed to keep sending heartbeats to the master servers i have listed in the server.cfg....i thought it was only supposed to do it once... O.o
 Lathain Valtiel
12-05-2003, 8:00 PM
Yes, it has to keep sending heartbeats.
 Kurgan
12-07-2003, 5:24 PM
I don't remember with the newer versions, but in Win9X you can find that info by going to START----->Run and then type in winipcfg and hit enter.

That's your internal IP. To get your EXTERNAL Ip you can visit:

www.whatismyip.com)
Page: 1 of 1