Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About the MOD

Page: 1 of 2
 Jedi Luke
11-26-2003, 9:07 PM
Hi Guys!

I'm Jedi Luke and i am a mapper, scripter for the Dark Forces MOD. I have looked at your progress, background ideas and new ideas for the mod and i think your mod idea is a very good one! I have already spoken to ST and Tito at the swampies forum and i would just like to say to the whole team: Good luck with the MOD! Being a team member, i know how important support is. Unfortunately things are tied up at Dark Forces so i can't join the team, but because i am a mapper and scripter, if you have any questions regarding your maps, i will be able to help out. Good luck Tito, ST and the rest of the team.
 -ST-i_stinks
11-27-2003, 1:18 AM
thanks! that is really a morale bossting for US!

heh and now i have a new nick name aha ST
my shortest ever nick heh

well it really a pity that we can't get u to join our team but nvm , u can join us after the Dark force mod is complete( i believe the dark force mod will be completed faster since it started earliear than RAJ)and help us on the final parts!final touching up if u want :D this will definately help given ur experience at working at the dark forces mod before.

:D
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 1:34 AM
haha, Thanks for that ST

I just started with the nick ST cos your full name was too difficult to remember. ST is easier :D

Thanks for the invite into the mod :D. If your mappers are having any trouble with something, mapping, or scripting (i'm not a guru but i have a knowledge of scripting), feel free to contact me via my email, or just post up at this forum. Tito said that he might let me beta test level one in a couple of weeks. Thanks for that! :D. Being a mapper, i can identify any problems in the level. Thanks again ST and i'll talk to you all soon.
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 1:42 AM
btw, i forgot to add, I made a new post cos i couldn't edit the last post

When i've finished at Dark Forces, if i've got some spare time, i'd like to help out with the mod. However, at the moment i can only help as a beta tester, offer ideas for the mod and make suggestions about your maps.

Thanks again, and good luck
 Tito
11-27-2003, 4:34 AM
Welcome to the team!:)

You being a mapper and scripter is exactly why I wanted you as a beta-tester, since you know more precisely what can and what cannot be done with the mapping and scripting... :)

Hmmm... I think I'll make a section called Beta Testers under the Team page on the site (http://raj.jediknight.net)... Though the FTP is down again...:(
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 5:46 AM
Thank-you very much Tito!!:D

Correct, i will be able to ensure that all scripts and maps function correctly as well as offer suggestions and ideas to the maps and mod. However, i've looked at your screenshots and it looks like your mappers certainly know what they're doing!! All i can do is just make sure it all works correctly and offer suggestions. Thanks very much Tito. Talk to you soon.
 Tito
11-27-2003, 9:32 AM
A little thing I want to add to all people...

It may seem like the MOD doesn't have that big arcitechtural detail, but this is because we also want the map to be playable for most people!

And another thing concerning that...

Once the MOD is basically done, we'll go through all levels and things and add some detail to them... Like spend a few days on each map to just adding small things to make it better...:)

(Also, for beta-testers, I'll handpick some myself - though feel free to ask for a spot if you will, or else I might not notice you - and I know I said before that he became one because he's a mapper and scripter, but we also need someone who has no idea how to map and script, to get opinions from both sides):)
 -ST-i_stinks
11-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Tito
A little thing I want to add to all people...

It may seem like the MOD doesn't have that big arcitechtural detail, but this is because we also want the map to be playable for most people!

And another thing concerning that...

Once the MOD is basically done, we'll go through all levels and things and add some detail to them... Like spend a few days on each map to just adding small things to make it better...:)

(Also, for beta-testers, I'll handpick some myself - though feel free to ask for a spot if you will, or else I might not notice you - and I know I said before that he became one because he's a mapper and scripter, but we also need someone who has no idea how to map and script, to get opinions from both sides):)

well my view:
first of all for big arcitechtural detail,iwell since ppl r able to play the game JKA ,(or else why they buy it ) u can make it to be like as the JKA sp game standards:) and be sur e not to make some mistake like making a big space without anything to cover it in between as this will make the fps go down alot,at least some walls to separate them :)(well i talk no more u know much more than me :)

and hehe the beta-test seem interesting... could i appl...........

(most users will be puzzled on why i ........especially when i'm a ........)heh

well figure out urself:atat:
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 10:39 AM
I have to agree with Tito on this one. First just make sure each level functions correctly, making the storyline flow, ie, checking frame rates, scripts, etc. Once everything is functioning correctly, then as ST said, make achitectural and texture detail to meet the standards of JA sp. ST is right because those who purchased JKA would've been aware of the specs to run the game, therefore the geometry of the maps can be to the same standard as JA sp.
However (this is where the Beta Testing will come in) we've gotta look at the fps rate. A good frames rate in a smaller room would be about 60-90 (on average with most pcs) and a good fps rate outdoors (on average with most pcs) would be about 40-60. For any situation, a good frame rate would be to keep it above 30fps in my opinion because the game is still playable with few lockups. 30fps and lower starts to get very laggy, time consuming, limiting the effeciency and effectiveness of the game.

For the moment, just focus on getting the maps functioning (all scripts and entities) and see how it all goes.
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Btw, forgot to add:

Good luck with the mapping. Mappers for the RAJ, just do your own thing that meets the purposes of the mod and the Beta testers will offer their views on the mod when its time for testing. Thanks.
 Tito
11-27-2003, 5:26 PM
Thanks for the support!:)

Site FTP is working again, so I've added the Team Beta-Testers page now!:)
Check under the Team page for the link!:)
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 9:36 PM
Thanks Tito :) Checking now..
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 9:39 PM
Aww, awesome, i'm added as a modder tester. Cheers!!:D:D
Did you guys want me to add in my sig: RAJ MOD (Hyperlink to website) Beta Tester to promote your mod?
 -ST-i_stinks
11-27-2003, 11:09 PM
SURE GO Ahead!(er is this something i can't?)

type the following in your sig replacing { with [ and } with ]
(well you can change it with the sig below isn't good :P

Reborn Ancient Jedi........

The 1st ever JKA TC mod that let u play as the DARK SIDE!!!!!

=http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=548/]Reborn) Ancient Jedi TC Forums!{/url}

Thanks! (any spelling errors?
 Jedi Luke
11-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks ST:)
 -ST-i_stinks
11-27-2003, 11:57 PM
oh we should thanks you instead for putting the mod in ur sig thus will make more ppl know abt the mod!

any way er...(forum link is wrong) would u mind chaning it :)

thanks
 Tito
11-28-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by -ST-i_stinks
any way er...(forum link is wrong) would u mind chaning it :)

He doesn't have a link to the forum, which doesn't matter all that much... I think about 95% of the guys visiting the site and finding it interesting, will go to the forums via the button in the menu on the site!
 -ST-i_stinks
11-28-2003, 12:15 PM
well er.... when i post that message there a link to the forum which is wrong he updated his signature later.......that why u didn't see it.......
 Tito
11-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Okay... But it's still not that important, though...

Publicity is publicity!:cool:
 -ST-i_stinks
11-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tito
Publicity is publicity!:cool: [/B]

well at least the best move i taken is the post in yoda swamp which sparked some ppl attention and come here (well at least abt 1 to 3 come and post here)

yea the best publicity i can dream of now is our site get posted in jediknight.net news and our site also listed under the hosted site section of jediknight.net :)

and now i think we will have an aim that is to have more posts then the ladders.etc tornament section under hosted site forums section ;) ( our first aim okay?)
 Tito
11-28-2003, 12:27 PM
My first aim is to complete Level 1 soon!:D

But hey, after that, it's to get this forums average number of posts per thread to be above 10 (right now it's between 7 and 8)...:)
 Tito
11-28-2003, 12:34 PM
(Sorry for the double post)

You were right about posting in Yoda's Swamp about this MOD! Nice move!;)

I'll ask that guy from JediKnight.Net again about the news and link stuff... Or perhaps I should ask Kurgan??? I believe the guy mentioned him last time I asked him...
 -ST-i_stinks
11-29-2003, 8:23 AM
well tito there 1 more way i have forseen this long ago but didn't said it that is when the demo is released after beta-test,post the demo in many locations like lucasfile.etc this way it almost an comfirm the the news will said abt us :) like a new JA tc mod demo!

well for the bar under hosted site section will have to contact the staff :),but however some post like the 1 in yodaswamp maymake them took notice and put us under there or when the demo out our link may alos be under there at hosted site section :)
 Tito
11-29-2003, 1:08 PM
If we release a demo, it damn sure won't be Level 1... WAY too many spoilers, and a quite short level... It's more of an intro to the MOD...
 Jedi Luke
11-30-2003, 7:20 AM
Just make sure that in the demo released, everything works as it should.
 -ST-i_stinks
11-30-2003, 8:55 AM
or how abt this make a preview video of raj and send?
 Tito
11-30-2003, 9:12 AM
We need more levels to be nearer completion before we can even THINK about how the trailer video will be like... But yes, we WILL make a trailer video later!:)
 Jedi Luke
11-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Yeah, a video trailer of the mod is a good idea.
 GothiX
11-30-2003, 1:00 PM
Yeah, I was planning to ask to join the team as a mapper.. Most of you know my work (Heke7 should know it, he has commented on Massassi several times).

I always stuck to a dark, ancient theme, but since a while, I tried some imperial settings with incredibly high detail, I think you might like it.
 Tito
11-30-2003, 1:04 PM
I know your work... I love your work!!!:)

So... You want to join the team, or DID you want to join the team once? (I myself would love to have you on the team... Would be great, and speed up the MOD way more again):)
 GothiX
11-30-2003, 2:20 PM
Let's just say this: What map do you need? :D
 Tito
11-30-2003, 4:31 PM
Well, I could just send you the MOD Overview Plan, and you could pick one from there...:)

Ok?
 Tito
11-30-2003, 5:29 PM
Well, GothicX has now joined the team... Another great mapper added to the list!:D This should speed up the MOD progress a bit more!:)
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 7:56 AM
You can sign me up as a mapper & scripter as soon as the Dark Forces mod is finished.
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 7:58 AM
*Sorry for the Double-post*

I can even help you guys out along the way with little things. Such as fixing brushes on maps, checking out some of the scripts. If something needs to be looked into Tito, email me first because things might be pretty hectic at the time. Thanks.
 Tito
12-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks, good to hear!:)

(Although, somehow I doubt that the DF MOD will be done soon):(
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Yeah, won't be anytime soon. However, good progress is being made so the project isn't dead.
 Tito
12-02-2003, 6:45 PM
Nice to hear that... It's just that the damn progress bar has been set at 35% for a long time, which is somehow unsettling to see!:(
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 9:52 PM
Yeah that's right. Most of the textures have been done along with models. The things that are holding us back is the mapping. Not enough maps have been created and we're still short of mappers. Nevertheless progress is being made!:)
 -ST-i_stinks
12-03-2003, 7:40 AM
lol........it also a long time the bar is at 20 percent ...........same heh
 Tito
12-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Nope... Not the same... It hasn't been that way for such a long time, and it's also soon time for an update to the progress bar and progress page!!!
 Tito
12-03-2003, 11:07 AM
*Sorry for the double post*

WEEEE!!! Our first two-paged topic!!! FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!:p
 Godzilla
12-03-2003, 1:33 PM
LOL :D Ur funny Tito
 Tito
12-03-2003, 2:00 PM
Lol... Well, we need a bit of humour everywhere we go, and I'm just doing my part to save the world!:p

Oooh, we've also just passed the '10 posts per thread in average' moment!!! A great day for this forum, indeed!:D
 GothiX
12-03-2003, 2:13 PM
Great, before you know it ypu'll be seeing ads "OMQLIEKWTF GO HEER 2 SP@M LOLOL!!11four1".
 Tito
12-03-2003, 2:17 PM
LOL!!!

Well, that's the reason why I don't like the idea of having a 'talk about whatever you want to' thread, like the one ST just created called "Others...thing..post...here"! It's like inviting someone to spam...
 Godzilla
12-03-2003, 2:36 PM
I wonder who it will be? Probably Casper or Nym. :p
 GothiX
12-03-2003, 2:45 PM
Casper is Nym.
 Godzilla
12-03-2003, 2:48 PM
Well then, Nym.
 Tito
12-03-2003, 3:43 PM
Nym was banned from the site about a month ago.

Please, don't cry!:p
Page: 1 of 2