Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who turned out the lights!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Whitey
11-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Okay, I managed to fix all the holes in to "outter space" on my map, fixed my shader/texture probs only to find my lvl pitch black... And I got no idea how to fix this...
 Mr. Chopper
11-26-2003, 1:56 AM
I'm assuming you've placed light entities..... if not, then start dropping them. If so, check their intensity values.
 Whitey
11-26-2003, 2:22 AM
In the past the sky shaders gave off light, and in the inclosed ares where I do have lights, it is lit. But out side where the shaders should light it up, simply don't
 Omikron
11-26-2003, 2:31 AM
I think that if you want your sky shader to give of light, it has to have something like: artus_light, with the _light bit, otherwise you'll just see the sky and there won't be any light.
 Vile
11-26-2003, 2:47 PM
if you want an default light value go to the worldspawn entity and put in a key, ambient with a value 200 is normal lighting level like, mid-afternoon like brightness. Or you can go a step higher and add in a sun to the map (kind of a HUGE spotlight that covers the whole map). Just create a light, target it at an info_null to make it a spotlight, and add a key, _sun with a value of 1 and you have a sun.
 Business_Eskimo
11-26-2003, 7:11 PM
Ambient lighting with a value of anything more than 20 makes the map look bad. You need to light it with real light entities (right click and go down the drop-down list to 'light'). If you need more help, go here. (http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/gc101lsn6.html)
Page: 1 of 1