Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mirror floor and Caulk(ing?) question ;)

Page: 1 of 1
 Darksaber_SMC
11-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Heya guys :D

Im busy making my map in the new GtkRadiant after downloading the new release. Pretty cool layout :D

Im gonna make the maps i made in jko into jka, but somethings are different (lol) :p

Firstly:
I was wondering how you make a mirror floor. I'd done it before in JKO, but the texture which I used has gone :O Is there another way (or possibly a script) I can use to make a brush mirrored?

Second of all:
I remember in Radiant for JKO, there was a command (ctrl-m) which made the brushes u selected a detail brush. It also caulked any surface that was not facing outwards. Pretty handy.
I use ctrl and m now, in GtkRadiant, but nothing seems to happen. I select my brushes, hit ctrl and m, and all it does is seem to de-select the brushes and it does not caulk the brushes :confused:

heh, wierd questions but are there any answers?

Hope so :D appriciate w.b :D

--Darksaber :deathii:
 Greymon
11-15-2003, 8:39 PM
I believe auto-caulking was removed from radiant because it was buggy. Selecting a brush and pressing ctrl-m still makes the brush a detail, though. Yes, it does unselect the brush after it makes it detail. If you want to confirm the brush is detail, press ctrl-d, which filters details. Ctrl-d again will bring them back.

There are mirror textures in JA. For example: system/mirror1 and system/mirror_yavin. I've never played with them, though, so I don't know exactly how they work. Try using those in the same way you made your floors in JO.
 Darksaber_SMC
11-16-2003, 4:07 PM
Thanx man, i'll have a look for the textures :D
hehe i spose it was buggy that auot caulk... but darn handy :P

thanx again :)
--Darksaber :deathii:
 TPM_Montross
11-22-2003, 11:10 PM
did u get the mirrors to work, cuz i need to know how to get em too

-Montross :jango2
 TPM_Montross
11-22-2003, 11:22 PM
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first u use the system/yavinmirror texture (or whatever might be mirroryavin) then u put a misc_portal_surface right next to it
 ZH@o YuN
11-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Does the brush with the mirror_yavin texture have to be detail or structural? Or doesn't that matter...
 Darksaber_SMC
11-23-2003, 9:20 AM
well ive been puzling how to use em, cause when ever i used that texture, it had the same effect as caulk, and it became transparent :O

but i'll give this a go, and see what happnes :D
 Darksaber_SMC
11-23-2003, 9:20 AM
oh yea, there is a tool which alows u to caulk the selection, but it caulks it all... but still handy all the way ;)
 Darksaber_SMC
11-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Woa, I still cant get it to work. Ive tried many ways.

I've used 3 different types of mirror textures, tried detail or structure brushes, and ive put misc_portal_surface next to all of them, and nothing happnes. I've even tried using info_notnull and info_null, but still no change

Ive made a mirror floor before in jko, but that texture has been deleted from jk3... but even when i try the same method i fail...

but then, a break though!!
lol a stupid mistake. Mirror floors only seem to work with me when you have a single side of a brush selected (ctrl+click) It worked fine then!! This is what to do...

:deathstar Create a brush of any size and shape.
:deathstar Select the single surface u want to have mirrored (crtl+click surface).
:deathstar Apply the system/mirror_yavin texture to the single surface.
:deathstar Create a misc_portal_surface, and place it so it touches the brush with the mirror texture on it.
:deathstar Compile your map, and voila! A mirror

It does not matter if the brush is detail or structure (so it seems). Enjoy your mirrors :D

--Darksaber :atat:
Page: 1 of 1