Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My thoughts on the Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
11-15-2003, 7:42 AM
Sounds like a very good idea for a mod.

A couple of comments:

- The quotes made by Darth Bandon don't have appropriate swearing in them. Remember that Star Wars takes place in completely different time and place than our world. I'd make up new Star Warsy curse phrases.

- You're going to have be careful with handling Jedi in this mod. Unlike Reborn, they're more powerful and less in numbers. To be consistant story/timeline-wise, I'd restrict the number of Jedi get to kill and focus more on the infighting between the Reborn and killing New Republic soldiers.

- Since you're playing from the evil side of things, it gives you a great oppurtunity to shed some light on the inner workings of the Remnant, Dark Side, etc. I'd focus on this since it's different and something new. Possible ideas would include Dark Siders jocking for position, being on the losing side of a big battle, and ploting (and failing) to take revenge on Light side main characters.
 razorace
11-15-2003, 7:49 AM
- Since you're not restricted by the same issues as Raven, I'd suggest bigger battles for the end of the game. One thing that I found lacking in JKA was that there wasn't larger Jedi vs. Sith battles.

- I'd also do some serious checking into the possibility of making this mod Co-Op from the beginning. I beleive everything should be in place to do something like that without any (or minor) code modifications. The only things you really have to worry about are transfering weapon/health data from map to map (if that's an issue) and probably restricting respawns. I understand that the MP scripting is suppose to be a lot like SP's now.
 -ST-i_stinks
11-15-2003, 8:12 AM
thanks for ur view and congrats u r the first customer to post in this fourm
but however i'm not incharge of these things
tito will reply to u then and he will take ur view of this mod into account to help improve the mod if possible

i'm only doing advertising agent although the page say it as advertisment agent and if u don't mind and want to participate in this mod to give us a helping hand e-mail Tito about it at

gugi2100@hotmail.com

telling him the job u want to do which range from mapping, scripting, skinning, voice acting, modelling and graphics design.etc

Ur help and Support will be grealty appreciated
 Tito
11-15-2003, 11:59 AM
First of, thanks for the constructive comments...

I've edited the quotes (should have done it earlier, but I forgot it)!

The number of Jedi you face isn't nearly as big as the number of Cultists Jaden faces, or Reborns Kyle hacks down... It HAS been taken into account, but thanks for checking on it anyway!:)

That's exactly the plan... Also, I already have a sequel in my mind, for when the MOD is done, which is one that REALLY shows all of this...

There WILL be some big battles, but mostly towards the end of the MOD!:)

Well, we've had this idea for a while, but it doesn't go together with the story so well... But we DO have some Multiplayer levels planned out, and amongst them, we are going to make a CO-OP level or two (and also a Siege map or two), but that's not the top priority at the moment.

Thanks for your thoughts!:)
 razorace
11-15-2003, 5:48 PM
Well, for me, Co-Op is a very big feature. I'd consider just fudging the story a little to insert some more players and then put more baddies on the maps. At least make it possible. :)

Doing so never hurt the fun factor or story of the Co-Op games I've seen like Duke 3D and Swat 3.
 Tito
11-15-2003, 9:52 PM
Well, I HAVE been thinking about creating a small storyline that fits in with the regular SP storyline, where you and a friend take control of other guys (instead of the main character) and go through two levels of Co-Op! But the SP part comes first, and unless we get more mappers (and a modeller), it'll only delay the release...:(
 Neverhoodian
11-15-2003, 10:37 PM
I checked out the website for the mod a few days ago, and I must say that I am impressed at what I've seen so far. I've always wanted a Dark side game in the JK series. I'm eagerly looking forward to the day it's released.
 Tito
11-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Thanks... It's those kind of comments that keep us going!:)
 Godzilla
11-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Some good Star Wars curse phrases: Blast (You Already Know of This One) Sithspit (Another Oldey But Goody) Sithspawn (One that is used Frequently In the books) Stang (One that I made up) Emperor's Black Bones (I think that only Rebels Would Use this :)
 razorace
11-16-2003, 2:15 AM
Originally posted by Tito
Well, I HAVE been thinking about creating a small storyline that fits in with the regular SP storyline, where you and a friend take control of other guys (instead of the main character) and go through two levels of Co-Op! But the SP part comes first, and unless we get more mappers (and a modeller), it'll only delay the release...:(

Well, if you're doing things from the ground up anyway, it shouldn't take much more effort to make the maps Co-Op compatible.
 Tito
11-26-2003, 6:38 PM
Sorry that the reply took so long to get here, but I talked with some team members about this... We're probably going to do it like this: After the MOD is done and released (with maybe a Co-Op mission or two where you're NOT the main character) we might modify some of the MOD levels to make them Co-Op (and include an alteration in the storyline for this to fit)...:)
Page: 1 of 1