Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making the Star Wars books come alive (very sweet)

Page: 1 of 1
 MasterSidious
10-31-2003, 9:14 PM
Hey, I was just reading some of the Star Wars books and I then came up with an idea :eek: SO, since JA now has vehicles, enhanced saber stuff, and the ability to make huge, realistic npcs I realized, hell why not model some stuff after some books. I do not have JA yet (so it will have to wait unless someone else wants to start working on it) but when I do get it, I'll just pick some sweet maps (like the time when all the senators are on that one ship and the powerful one wants to kill them so they all are killed) and make like a siege/ffa map outa that! What da ya think? ANy help on this. Sadly, I only know how to map and never really touched modeling vehicles ect. but I think if I and another person could pick some thing nice and model for it, it would be pretty sweet. Any comments?
 lassev
11-02-2003, 8:34 AM
Ah, but I think great many things are already modelled from those books. Some places may be mapped after places from the books, and certainly the movies have inspired many people. However, there are still other people who want to create everything themselves for various reasons. Inventing everything gives a great freedom for imagination and creativity.

However, every modeller or mapper who invests serious effort and time into his products is to be respected, no matter where the inspiration comes from. So, go forward! I'm sure there are a lot of people, who will be interested, when you eventually have something concrete to show :)
 keestuijp
11-03-2003, 4:40 PM
i've read some books, and i think it's a great idea!
 MasterSidious
12-04-2003, 2:25 AM
Cool. Which ones do you think would be the best?
 razorace
12-04-2003, 7:55 AM
I know this isn't from the books but I think a Co-Op map of the rescue mission to save Leia on the Death Star would be very cool.

Plus, you'd have plenty of reference pictures. :)
 MasterSidious
12-04-2003, 11:33 PM
This might be a very hard/sweet seige map. There would have to be like three levels. And they would have to be pretty big. It's possible I guess. I need JA first though. I wish Christmas was already here! lol OR I just had it already :D
Page: 1 of 1