Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Get ASE (All Seeing Eye) it really does rock for finding servers!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
10-13-2003, 6:32 AM
I was skeptical at first of all the people
saying how great this program was for
finding JA servers, but I tried it the other
night and it worked!

I found 559 JA servers with over a thousand
players and lots of decent pings, vs. only a
tiny fraction of that with the in-game browser
(less then 30).

It has all kinds of nice features like showing
what country servers are on (So far the US,
UK and Germany have the most servers,
a few countries only have one or two),
buddy lists, server info, etc in a nice
easy to use gui so you don't have to load
up the game to check the server list.

Very nice, and so I can't recommend this
enough, until the server bug that doesn't
display all servers is fixed.

Download it here:

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/)

The program is shareware, but apprently
it remains fully featured even after the 21
day free "trial" is over. Hopefully by then
the server bug will be fixed by Raven.

So what have you got to lose?

[Update] Here's a pic of a scan I just did with it:
http://strategy.jediknightii.net/jka/ASE1-Oct-14-03-2139.jpg)
 |GG|Carl
10-13-2003, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan

The program is shareware, but apprently it remains fully featured even after the 21 day free "trial" is over.
So I can use ASE forever and it's still free if I download the trial version?
 Kurgan
10-14-2003, 11:55 PM
According to what others have said, you'll be violating the liscense agreement if you don't buy or delete it after the trial is up, but other than that, nothing bad happens.

That's what I've heard.. decide for yourself. Registering gives you a couple of bonus features, but that's about it. Like right now you can only add four people to your buddy list in the trial version.
 Bilbo Skywalker
10-22-2003, 12:50 AM
well, its rediculously cheap to purcahase the full license, i bought it, yo uget much better service if yo udo buy it, like you dont have to wait for the scanner etc. more options available to. i think it only cos t me about Ј8 british pounds for a lifetime license. very good indded :D!
 Sam Fisher
10-22-2003, 1:05 AM
Yes, that is the best server finder I ever did find ;)
 Kurgan
11-01-2003, 5:26 PM
PS: Now there's Qtracker, another free improvement over the in-game server browser (and it never nags you to register!).

http://www.qtracker.com)
 Darth Maniac
11-04-2003, 9:35 PM
I use ASE (Registered version) and it really is one of the most useful tools I have ever had for gaming.
 Kurgan
11-11-2003, 8:23 PM
I have heard that ASE needs to be updated to work with Jedi Academy 1.01 (1.011 server).

Also, technically its probably not needed to see all the servers, as 1.01 is supposed to fix the brower problem.

Of course 1.01 will only see servers that are compatible (ie: other 1.01 servers).

So in a sense ASE is still useful for now to find games (once it gets updated).

Once servers upgrade we'll see if the server browser displays more than 30 servers....
 Sabre9
11-12-2003, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I have heard that ASE needs to be updated to work with Jedi Academy 1.01 (1.011 server).

Also, technically its probably not needed to see all the servers, as 1.01 is supposed to fix the brower problem.

Of course 1.01 will only see servers that are compatible (ie: other 1.01 servers).

So in a sense ASE is still useful for now to find games (once it gets updated).

Once servers upgrade we'll see if the server browser displays more than 30 servers....

Here's a cut and paste from a recent post of mine... if you can't/won't upgrade your ASE:

"Nice find. Also, when using ASE, you can go to the 'Mods' switch, and check 'other'. I was about to post just that, but with the above, I'll add not only check 'other', but also look for "basejka" for game type, because there are a few 'blademods' also.

Right now, ASE sees 73 1.01 JKA servers @ 1640 EST..."
 Bilbo Skywalker
11-12-2003, 9:11 PM
really im getting 230, at 22.56 CET
 Kurgan
12-13-2003, 1:03 AM
Well, suffice to say, now that Qtracker has JA support and the 1.01 patch fixes the server bugs, this doesn't have to be stickied anymore.

If people still want to use ASE that's their choice, but it's not really necessary (though it is a useful program).

Thanks everybody for your advice!
 Bilbo Skywalker
12-13-2003, 1:08 PM
you get free Ja 1.01 support with ASE too, just use File > update eye

then FIle> update filters

its free :)
Page: 1 of 1