Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i run a server bit no one joins

Page: 1 of 1
 cjd118118
10-11-2003, 10:02 AM
:confused:
ok, so i run my server, it wrks fine, i type in the ip of it in all seeing eye and it comes up blah blah blah

BUT no one ever joins, is this because it isnt showing up on anyones pc, or cause im not waiting long enough(30 mins i waited) and it has cheats on, so more people usally join???:confused:
 |GG|Carl
10-11-2003, 1:40 PM
30 mins!?

HA-HA-HA!

I usually wait for days!
j/k:p
But it takes very long time...

The best way to make people join is to make the server unique in some way, like running a special map, like "kotor_flight_school" or something.
 Crow_Nest
10-11-2003, 3:25 PM
Yeah, flight school. its cool.:cool:

But the noobs always spam and lame teh n00b ships+rockets CB!!!11 Ch33t3rz hav n0 h0n0rz.
 Kurgan
10-13-2003, 6:35 AM
I run a server day and night. Usually I just have people join and then leave .001 seconds later all day long until certain peak hours (like 7-9 pm CST, or 6-9 am CST). Unfortunately this is often when there is the most net congestion and so lag does happen frequently.

But, people can join anytime, so if you run a dedicated server, you have to run it for at least 8 hours to get anybody, rather than just the "join-and-immediately-leave-because-I'm-too-lazy-to-check-the-server-info-before-I-waste-everybody's-time-and-bandwidth" (but that's a pet peeve of mine) folks who pop on every few minutes.

My advice, if you leave your server up for less than an hour, you can't really expect anybody to join unless your server is almost full.
 |GG|Carl
10-13-2003, 1:53 PM
Kurgan, how can you run a server 24h/day? It just doesn't work for me! What I mean is, I have to turn the computer off when I'm in school, sleep, away etc.!
 Chewy289
10-13-2003, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Carl
Kurgan, how can you run a server 24h/day? It just doesn't work for me! What I mean is, I have to turn the computer off when I'm in school, sleep, away etc.!

Well, I have 2 computers in my home, and I run the other computer (that I don't primarily use) as my server. And, I leave that computer on all the time. :)
 Kurgan
10-13-2003, 8:32 PM
Well sadly, my computer isn't the most stable one in the world, so I do have to reboot it now and then (that problem should be fixed in another month or two).

The only time I shut it down is if I need to download a big file or something that would lag it to heck.
 ScaryGuy
10-13-2003, 11:17 PM
our clan has a problem with players not joining our dedicated server. we cannot find it on the master server list for the game, or on the master server list on GameSpy Arcade. wtf is wrong?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-13-2003, 11:39 PM
This has been discussed in several threads in the Jedi Academy forum and elsewhere. There is currently a problem with the Master Server List\ingame browser. The browser only shows about 30 of the five hundred servers out there. Until Raven releases a patch, the workaround is to use The All-Seeing Eye from http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html) It will show you all the servers the game won't.
Page: 1 of 1