Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

droideka model

Page: 3 of 4
 A-WingPilot
01-31-2004, 6:45 PM
Can't you make a shield that grows bak up?
so like the primary bullets of manqueasas A-Wing.
 darthdoom
02-03-2004, 3:09 PM
:bdroid2: :bdroid1: :c3po: :atat: i love droids con you send me a current version of you awesome destroyer droid :rolleyes: :D because its so cool please or tell me when it'll be released, plus the list of commands and what they do. My address is: darthdoom@camshag.co.uk
ps:you are amazing you are the god of modeling so far to me
 Zappa_0
02-03-2004, 7:48 PM
Darth, they are still working out the bugs so I think maybe they will release it around March sometime, maybe earlier I dont know.
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 5:54 AM
then can i go to the beta testing then

pretty plese:rolleyes:

ummm when is the BETA testing
:confused: :bdroid2:
 keshire
02-04-2004, 5:58 AM
like how the space vehicles

This is in code. VH_FIGHTERS can only be damaged by heavy weapons.
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 6:08 AM
when rolling is very weak against heavy weapons
when standing is very slow but shield is reflectiv
for invinceability

i,v got a mod that let,s you scale your model in gameplay

so if you had cheats it would be awsome

an invinceable droideka "WOW"

:duel: :lsduel: :lightning :slsaber:
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 6:15 AM
why has everyone got a droideka
and you,v got a great tester for models right here
and i,m i great fan of the droideka:lurkblast :axe1: :beam2: :borg1: :jumpfire:

ps:when is the BETA testing or is it now or whatever
i just want to know because i,m interesdid
in going to the testing of an awsome model the droideka
and it woud be so cool
 Andy867
02-04-2004, 6:19 AM
Darth, here is a little bit of advise that I suggest you heed.

Good things come to those who wait

And

Please dont spam this thread.
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 6:27 AM
see ya just got to go to school
for 5 hours maybe later

see ya
 Duncan_10158
02-04-2004, 12:48 PM
darthdoom, we are expecting your next ;)

Andy867, i wrote this young padawan about this request to get the droideka for testing. i told him he will surly get the chance when he honestly want to work with us and stop spamig, so i dont think he will spam on.

its the shields are reflecting some laser shots, but i thought this is only a visual effect. the vehcile is taking the same damage as it the reflection would be off. i am not sure about this. the shields are just taking a sertain amount of damage befor the health gets affected. so if a fighter has 100 shiled points it needs the same count of blaser shoots to take it down like player model with full shield. if there would be something like a shield_thoughness that reduces the damage that the shield takes, then we could have shield with same point count but different strengh. like it is now we can make this difference ony by shield points. but as i said, i am not sure about this.

btw, Andy867, did you had the time to take a look at the shader for the droideka and Hailfire you told me about? those things that the shadows doesnt look strange on it?
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 3:19 PM
hi thanks for the email i sent a reply i,m realy looking forward
to seeing the advantges and the disadvantges
of a droideka in game play:atpilot: :clone: :r2d23: :snipe1:
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-04-2004, 3:27 PM
its the shields are reflecting some laser shots, but i thought this is only a visual effect. the vehcile is taking the same damage as it the reflection would be off. i am not sure about this.

No, actually blaster shots really do just bounce off the shileld - in exactly the same way they bounce of the hull of an AT-ST for example.

You can stop this bouncing by altering a parameter in the .veh file.

I believe I called it something like 'AllowDamageToShields'. This needs to be set to 1 to stop the bouncing effect.

...and I know for a fact that that parameter actually does work ;)
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 3:29 PM
sorry for the timeing i was a bit late for school

and also you know you are creating about 1000 projects
could you model a super battle droid

ps:i would refer to my self as a eager young master
i maybe small but yoda was small but he is awsome
with a light saber and he was a master but i,m not 999999999999999999999 years old
:fett:
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 3:56 PM
i,m sorry i,m a bit of a chater box i sent another email
duncan10158 please read itdeath is worshiped
 Duncan_10158
02-04-2004, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk
No, actually blaster shots really do just bounce off the shileld - in exactly the same way they bounce of the hull of an AT-ST for example.

You can stop this bouncing by altering a parameter in the .veh file.

I believe I called it something like 'AllowDamageToShields'. This needs to be set to 1 to stop the bouncing effect.

...and I know for a fact that that parameter actually does work ;)

thats great, so the droideka shield cant take lot more damage when people are attacking with light blasters. rockets and heavy weapons dont bounce off. great. so we i will set the droidekas shield points about the amount Andy867 suggested. the parameter i wanted to set would have been much to high. Thanks Andy and Phunk.
 darthdoom
02-04-2004, 4:23 PM
i,v just try,d the droideka
but there are a couple of bugs dd like to point out
shots when rolling but i don,t mind that much but still
i,m
being honest
also i ran over alora bot and once i had done that my shield started to cange colors blue,brown ext.
but the blasters are perfect they and this is only my opinyon
give a realistick afect just the right rate of fire

also i thought you could make dirent versions with diffrent weapons but you don,t have to
just a thought

i,ll just go and play with it in diffrent maps

see ya

[Edit: hey duncan i,v heard that you made a totorial for modeling if you do can you sent it to me at nicki.myers@ntlworld.com and also ive heard about a hailfire droid are you makeing one or is it just me]

[Super Mod's Note: Please use the EDIT Button to edit posts instead of spamming the boards. This is your final notice
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-09-2004, 6:28 PM
OK - I've found and sorted the ramming problem.
I've added a vehicle parameter called:

SpeedMultiplierForRamDamage

Whatever you set this to will be multiplied by the speed the vehicle is travelling at when ramming - and this will become the ram damage caused.

For the moment, I've set the droideka value to 0.1.

So this means that when the droideka is travelling at full roll (speed 500), 50 pts damage will be inflicted.
If the droideka is walking (speed 125), then 13 pts damage will be inflicted.

Did you still need me to look into this shield recharge issue Duncan? From your last post, it sounds like there may be something you realised which means the shield is OK now...?
 Duncan_10158
02-10-2004, 11:00 AM
RenegadeOfPhunk, Yeah, it would be good if you take a look into the shield regenatrating thing. Andy867 was right in not setting the droideka shield points to hight, but the shield regen should take about 10 to 15 seconds from empty to full. now it takes about 2 to 4 seconds to regenerate it full, whats to fast in my oppinion. with a rocket launcher you cant destroy a droideka if its shields are regenerating that fast.

it lools like the shield regen has a max setting of 1000, if you could change that to 10000 or make it somehow work like its 10000. Thanks
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-10-2004, 11:15 AM
OK mate - I'll sort it out tonight :)
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-10-2004, 7:13 PM
OK - I've sorted the recharge thing.

...1000 ms is now REALLY slow - I reakon you want it around 100ms or so, but that's just a guess...

...I'll check this stuff in to the OJP respository shortly...
 Duncan_10158
02-11-2004, 11:18 AM
OK - I've sorted the recharge thing.

...1000 ms is now REALLY slow - I reakon you want it around 100ms or so, but that's just a guess...

...I'll check this stuff in to the OJP respository shortly...

i am not sure if i understand you right, you think 1000 ms is to slow to regenerate the shield? thats a second, right? you want to have it regenerate faster?

i thought of slower regen, so it takes about 15 seconds to regen the shields from zero to full. if you could add a parameter that alows a wide range of regen, from very fast (less then 1 second to full) to very slow (minutes to regen the shields full).
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-11-2004, 12:46 PM
the ShieldRechargeMS setting determines how long it takes to recharge one point of shield power. (At least, it will do with my new, fixed code. In base JKA, it doesn't do anything like what it should do...)

...so if the shield is - say - 100 points, and you want to recharge the shield - from empty to full - in 10 seconds, you'll want to set ShieldRechargeMS to 100 (10 shield pts. per seond)

..if your shield is 200 pts, you'll need to set it to 50ms (20 shield pts. per second)

...basically, my fix will allow you do what your wanting to do :)
 Duncan_10158
02-11-2004, 1:29 PM
thats perfect, thanks! :D
 Prime
02-11-2004, 3:27 PM
Prime rubs his hands with glee.
 Duncan_10158
02-17-2004, 1:15 PM
RenegadeOfPhunk, did you already put all the code togheter? if so, i would realy like to put all our things together so we get the final version and can send it to OJP for release. we can do the release as we discussed it once.

also to all the others that took part on the beta testing and balancing, if you got anything (moded veh files, shaders or what ever) in work for the droideka, please let us know now!

Andy867, you wrote me that you perhaps would try to do a shader or bumpmaping effect for the droideka, how about it?

i would like to come to a final version of the droideka befor next monday when i leave for about two weeks. you know this droideka is now about 14 months old and its starting to talk and making its first steps!
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-17-2004, 2:10 PM
The code is ready, I just need to submit it to the OJP - I'll do that tonight...
 Duncan_10158
02-20-2004, 12:12 PM
The code is ready, I just need to submit it to the OJP - I'll do that tonight...

Phunk, if you already submited the code to the OJP, thats great! could you please also send me your veh file with the new parameters so i can put the finished model together. i sent it back to you as the final version and we can submit it to the 'OJP Vehicles' release. if you could give me also some kind of access to the source code of the droideka code changes like we discussed it, would be great.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Yes, the code is submitted to the OJP.
...talk to Razor about getting a new build done, and about the source code. (I believe he is going to release the source code at the same time as the mod itself)

I think the .veh file you have will be the best to use. Just make one change and one addition:

Change ShieldRechargeMS to 100

and add the line:

SpeedMultiplierForRamDamage 0.1

And that will sort both the problems (when you have the new code of course...)
 Altus_Thrawn
02-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Good stuff there.
 tFighterPilot
02-22-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm on to you, you wanted to raise your post count to 1000!

I'm doing it also
 Neverhoodian
02-22-2004, 6:18 PM
...And why are you bringing this up in the Showcase forum? And in two threads, no less?
 DarkLord60
02-22-2004, 7:07 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
I'm on to you, you wanted to raise your post count to 1000!

I'm doing it also

:COUGH: Spam
 tFighterPilot
02-22-2004, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
...And why are you bringing this up in the Showcase forum? And in two threads, no less? Because I have 18 posts and a custom title

I'm a freak :(
 El Sitherino
02-22-2004, 9:30 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
Because I have 18 posts and a custom title

I'm a freak :( http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/OWNED.gif)

anyways, keep up the good work guys. Nice coding job Renegade.:D
 Duncan_10158
03-09-2004, 1:19 PM
Ok, i am back. lets finish this project and release the droideka!

Phunk, the code is submited to the OJP, right? as soon i got an answer form Andy (about the bump mapping, he wrote me he made a good one for the droideka) i will puzzle everything together and submit the vehicle model also to the OJP.

if racorace could give me the outcutt for only the droideka mod codes, i would release it as a independent download for other mods to incorporate too. i am doing this for everyone who wants to use it :)

lets release it!
 Duncan_10158
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
The Droideka model and MOD is in fact finished, i just added the bump mapping which Andy made. so the model is done, the code by Phunk for a correct working droideka is done too and submited to OJP. as soon RacorAce from OJP get the droideka model part, he can put everything together and release a new version OJP_vehicles with the droideka.

i asked Phunk and RacorAce, if they give me the open source code part of only the droideka vehicle support. i would like give every mod the possibilety to add droideka support, i made this for everyone to use. i dont want the droideka being exclusivly part of one mod, i think it belongs to everyone using it. thats the reason i worked with OJP, its also thire main idea.

Here are also some new pictures:

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/droideka/droideka_08.jpg)

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/droideka/droideka_09.jpg)

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/droideka/droideka_10.jpg)
 tFighterPilot
03-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Sweet!

I saw the droideka in some JK movie I downloaded from PCgamemods.
 Lightning
03-10-2004, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by Duncan_10158
i asked Phunk and RacorAce, if they give me the open source code part of only the droideka vehicle support. i would like give every mod the possibilety to add droideka support, i made this for everyone to use.

Good i can't wait try it out. When do you think you can upload it to pcgamemods.com? At the end of the week?
 Andy867
03-10-2004, 6:12 PM
For those curious about what Duncan was referring to when I made the bump map textures, I have provided 2 pictures of Manquesa's A-Wing. Included is just the A-Wing loaded with all its textures with no bump mapping or specular textures, and also the A-Wing with bump mapping and limited lighting (course I would do more work to make it look more like in Asteroids Mod, but this is just an example) As you will see, bump mapping really helps bring out the metallic looks of a model.

http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/comic/pictures/no_spec.jpg)

http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/comic/pictures/awing_bump.jpg)
 Lightning
03-10-2004, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
Included is just the A-Wing loaded with all its textures with no bump mapping or specular textures, and also the A-Wing with bump mapping and limited lighting As you will see, bump mapping really helps bring out the metallic looks of a model.

Hey if you would really over do that it would look a little cartoonish:rolleyes:
 RenegadeOfPhunk
03-10-2004, 8:52 PM
Welcome back Duncan :)

i asked Phunk and RacorAce, if they give me the open source code part of only the droideka vehicle support. i would like give every mod the possibilety to add droideka support, i made this for everyone to use.

Indeed - this is the main idea behind OJP.

I believe Razor is going to be releasing all the source code with the mod itself (not in the same file, but at the same time).
And quite honestly, this is the best way to get the droidkea code. I've carefully marked all my changes for the Droidkea - so all anybody would have to do is a search for one word and they can find all the parts to change.
It will be very easy to merge the code from OJP to other mods.

btw Duncan - do you know about a problem where other players viewing a droideka (i.e. players not actually riding it themselves) seeing the shield colours 'inverted'? i.e. to the player riding it, the shield looks light blue, but other players see the shield as dark blue / black..?
I'm just wondering if it's a problem specific to MBII... :/
 Andy867
03-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Lightning
Hey if you would really over do that it would look a little cartoonish:rolleyes:

Well like I said, that Bump mapping job was with very little lighting, with proper lighting, it would look 20x better in terms of appearance.
 keshire
03-11-2004, 4:33 AM
All this code isn't just exclusive to the Droideka. It's overall improvements to the walker vehicle class. So its useable by all vehicles.
 Zappa_0
03-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Any new updates on the droideka?
 Duncan_10158
04-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Any new updates on the droideka?
Yes, Open Jedi Project released a beta of its next version, so with this mod loaded the droideka, which you can d/l on my site, uses the support of the improved walker vehicle class. this makes the droideka work as it should. here is the link to OJP site:
http://ojp.jediknight.net/)

download is under Distributions, >OJP Basic [BETA 1] 0.0.5< or >OJP Enhanced [BETA 6] 0.0.2< both should have the improved walker vehicle class included.

and you can get the droideka on my site, i just redone the hole site so i hope you take a look at it anyway ;)
here is the link:
http://io.meskinaw.net/)

the mods are both beta versions, so take a close look and feedback here or in the OJP Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=542) is very welcome, thanks.
 tFighterPilot
04-22-2004, 2:32 PM
Sweet!

Phunk, when I try to walk backwards, it only go backwards if I first turn around in place.

EDIT: it doesn't happen anymore, so forget it
 Neo_Knight
04-28-2004, 5:10 AM
Duncan_10158, is there a droideka model version which includes a death animation ?

At the Forcemod III project, we tested it and when you kill him, his body remains upright, that s a bit weird.

Otherwise you did a great job and i m looking forward to your next vehicles like the ATAT or the sebulba s pod. :D
 Duncan_10158
04-28-2004, 6:24 AM
Originally posted by Neo_Knight
Duncan_10158, is there a droideka model version which includes a death animation ?

At the Forcemod III project, we tested it and when you kill him, his body remains upright, that s a bit weird.
This version includes a death animation, check in Modview.
i dont know why its not showing, perhaps it has something to do with a mod, but when i tried it, it always worked. take also a look into animation.cfg, perhaps something got wrong there.

btw, did you try the droideka in OJP mod or in another or an unmoded map?
 tFighterPilot
04-28-2004, 6:27 AM
The death animation worked well for me, although the flames made it hard to see it :p
 tFighterPilot
04-28-2004, 6:50 AM
For a side note, do you think it would be possible for the droideka to open doors? Cuz it's rather irritating to need to exit the droideka to open a door.
Page: 3 of 4