Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SP Levels which work in MP Co-op

Page: 1 of 1
 Starfire13
10-05-2003, 9:01 AM
I'm asking a favour here. Could someone who has tested them post a list of which single-player levels work properly if played in MP as a co-op level?

Thanks! :)
 Vsync
10-06-2003, 1:45 AM
I haven't really tried, but I've seen some people play the hoth level and speeder bike level. Both crash when you get to a certain point though. I think lucas arts should release a patch for this.
 Prime
10-06-2003, 2:05 AM
Originally posted by Vsync
I haven't really tried, but I've seen some people play the hoth level and speeder bike level. Both crash when you get to a certain point though. I think lucas arts should release a patch for this. Why should they release a patch for something the game isn't supposed to do in the first place?
 Kurgan
10-06-2003, 4:44 AM
I played hoth2 with a friend online and it worked pretty well. We had to cheat to get through the "locked" door inside the base and clip through the ATAT at the end and sometimes enemies took a lot of hits to kill (bursts of lag) but otherwise it was quite cool and fun.

Turning on cheats helped because you could spawn in tauntauns if you needed them.

I haven't really tried any other levels except for academy2 (a cutscene, that can't really be won, it's just a big room).
 JA_General
10-06-2003, 4:47 AM
Does anyone know the level name.
From the Swoop map. :evanpiel:
 Buffy
10-06-2003, 5:26 AM
Originally posted by JA_General
Does anyone know the level name.
From the Swoop map. :evanpiel:

I think that level is
t2_trip

also I played almost all single player map in Mp .. they all can load in MP but some of SP map lost Sounds like Gun shot & Music..
but all npc is there and attack you .. :)
 Crow_Nest
10-06-2003, 6:29 AM
How can you make a MP coop game?
 Kurgan
10-06-2003, 6:44 AM
Start a FFA or Team FFA server, then type:

map (or devmap for cheats) mapname

Instead of typing the name of an MP map, type the name of a SP map.

People don't need to download anything because everybody has the files! Some levels are buggier than others of course...

Make sure you change the kill limit and time limits to zero (or a really high number) or you'll "win" the match by killing too many enemies or taking too long to get to the end. The spawns are also a big messed up (since its not intended for more than one player).

Meaning if you die, you'll start at the beginning of the level and people who spawn at the same time will "telefrag" each other sometimes.

I like doing it as a Team FFA (so you can remove the friendly fire damage and more easily keep track of the others players, because you can see them on your radar and the team beacons over their heads).
 Crow_Nest
10-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Cool, then we could play coop.:cool:
 Starfire13
10-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

So, I gather that the only SP map known to work properly (as in, no crashing) is Hoth2?

Buffy, you mentioned that you've played through almost all of the SP levels. Could you let us know which are the ones which are more or less playable without major problems? Thanks. :)
 Buffy
10-06-2003, 9:39 PM
Originally posted by Stafire13
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

So, I gather that the only SP map known to work properly (as in, no crashing) is Hoth2?

Buffy, you mentioned that you've played through almost all of the SP levels. Could you let us know which are the ones which are more or less playable without major problems? Thanks. :)

yes I will
I was just quick checking so .. this time more take a look all details..... :amidala:

ok I did it check all single player map in MP ! ;)
if you are play with bot ?
play single player map in MP with npc is much more fun !
but remember... some SP map need cheat for move to next room

Here is all single player map list

academy1 ~ 6 = very fun for Duel
yavin1~2 = not really for MP
yavin1b = fun for Duel & FFA & Sniper (some need nocilp)
t1_sour = fun for play with npc & FFA
t1_surprise = good for swoop & tauntaun play
t1_fatal = good for Duel
t1_danger = FFA (there is no Sand Creature)
t1_rail = FFA & Duel (no sounds & view some need cheat)
hoth2 & hoth3= very fun for FFA & TFFA & play with npc
t2_rancor = FFA (no Rancor & Prisoner)
t2_trip = very fun for swoop race very big map for FFA
t2_wedge = very big map FFA it fun
t2_rogue = good for flying by vehicle & FFA
t2_dpred = (need noclip cheat to play)
vjun1 = Big map FFA
vjun2 = very fun FFA & play with npc (there is 2 kyles)
vjun3 = very fun FFA & npc (need noclip cheat)
t3_stamp = good for FFA & TFFA (no Rancor )
t3_rift = same like Demo game fun for duel & FFA & npc
t3_hevil = Not recommend for MP someTextures missing
t3_bounty = 2 door is open so very big FFA map (no boba fett)
t3_byss = only for nice Duel (kyle say go but door not open)
taspir1 = FFA & play with some npc
taspir2 = feel like playing single game big map for FFA NPCs
kor1 = Duel (with nocilp Big map & many npc)
kor2 = FFA & duel & play with npc (Tavion dont attack)

Here is some funny screenshot from SP map in MP ;)

http://www.hostmysig.com/data/buffy/Kyle&Vader.jpg)

http://www.hostmysig.com/data/buffy/Luke&Tavion.jpg)

Maul teaching saber skill for Jedi ?
http://www.hostmysig.com/data/buffy/Maul.jpg)
Page: 1 of 1