Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What to do first?

Page: 1 of 1
 BongoBob
10-04-2003, 9:50 PM
Hello fellow members of the forums. I am getting JA today(THANK YOU SWEET MAMA OF GOD!:D) and would like to know what to do first. SP, or MP? Please let me know.
 Agen
10-04-2003, 9:57 PM
Play both ;) YODA!!!!
 BongoBob
10-04-2003, 10:17 PM
I know, but like both at the same time? Or should I complete sp first then MP? Will MP spoil some things for me?
 Agen
10-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Get 2 pcs and simultaneously play them at the same time obviously :rolleyes:
I don't think mp will spoil much at all but the characters, whcih are in mp, are selectable. That's about it.
 Andy867
10-05-2003, 12:45 AM
I'd say do SP first to get a feel for the game, controls, and the saber combat. Once you feel comfortable, you could try MP and see how it goes.
 Crow_Nest
10-05-2003, 5:31 AM
I rather play SP first, then MP.....
 wassup
10-05-2003, 5:43 AM
SP. The MP community is not really developed yet, so many servers could be full/malfunctioning/etc. Plus you HAVE to try the swoop level in SP, omg best level ever.
 Neverhoodian
10-05-2003, 5:48 AM
Definitely SP first. That way, you get a chance to rest when you've cleared a room of enemies and you can reflect on what strategies were effective and were not effective. Fighting saber wielding foes in SP is good practice for the duels and saber-oriented MP game types.

Also, if you start Multiplayer first, you won't know some of the new character models from SP.
 Astrotoy7
10-05-2003, 6:44 AM
Yeah, start with SP definitely. There are some great things that happen in SP, but it sorta depends if your a star wars fan too, as a general rule, the bigger the fan you are the more interested you will be in the SP storyline, let alone the gameplay...

Its probably more positive to jump in SP and go through the story mode, the moves etc, rather than potentially hopping onto a server full of crazy people, each seeming to want to enforce some crazy system or code on you.....save that frustration for later. Perhaps give SP a go for a few missions, then have a go at MP in a solo game....

Whatever you choose - HAVE FUN !!

MTFBWYA
 Kurgan
10-05-2003, 7:44 AM
MP may spoil you a bit for SP, so maybe wait until you are into tier 2 of the levels before you play it.

BUT, if you're like me you couldn't resist jumping right into MP.

Little details are different between the two so you can get confused if you're not careful!
 |GG|Carl
10-05-2003, 8:01 AM
MP does spoil SP, if you look at all the skins and maps.
 Crow_Nest
10-06-2003, 5:58 AM
I still think its better to play SP first, y'know to get used to the controls, and the game.... etc
 Clemme w/Stick
10-06-2003, 6:09 AM
Do SP first.
Always do SP before you play MP, cuz if you start with MP you wont ever get to complete SP :).

-Clemme
 Crow_Nest
10-06-2003, 6:15 AM
Once you play MP, you'll get hooked on to it and will never feel like playing SP.
Page: 1 of 1