Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

missionpack

Page: 1 of 1
 Raanes
10-03-2003, 2:10 PM
i was wondering if some time in the future a missionpack to jedi academy would come?
 r0bman5
10-03-2003, 2:16 PM
for the love of pete, man, stop posting the same question in different threads! Admins, please, please do something about this guy!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113766)

*grumble grumble
 Raanes
10-03-2003, 2:24 PM
it is not the same question. I askd if a update would come to fix the bugs and so one.. a missionpack adds more missions
 r0bman5
10-03-2003, 2:37 PM
my mistake... BUT, there are many, many threads discussing both of these issues... take some time before posting and look around. Having multiple topics concerning the same subject gets really, really old.
 Kurgan
10-03-2003, 6:48 PM
Nobody knows until its announced. 2 weeks after the game's release? I doubt it.

If you just mean a level pack, I kind of doubt that as well. Nothing like that was done for JK2. All we got was the demo level.

If an expansion comes, I predict it will appear in 8-18 months (and by that time it might be a full sequel... although if rumors of no more Q3 engines being used for JK series are true, it may be several years).
 StormHammer
10-03-2003, 8:29 PM
A mission pack would be a nice idea, and I wish Rave/Lucasarts would support MP in this series of games like Epic did with Unreal Tournament. Of course, the emphasis of UT was on MP, and I guess they recognised the benefits of on-going support to keep the game interesting and alive.

With JO/JA, there is a strong SP game (mostly), and MP is undoubtedly less than half of the development process.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I'd like to see them develop another Jedi Knight game, but with an MP focus.

A smart move would be to do that using the Unreal engine, because it already has strong MP and Bot support.
Page: 1 of 1