Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WHY are there so many pure servers!?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sgt. Antronch
10-02-2003, 5:58 PM
see topic, i got some great models and mods, but with all the pure servers, i can never be darth maul or jango fett. :mad:
 Kusanavi
10-02-2003, 6:00 PM
Well they simply don't want to see a bunch of kyle's in the server ;) (it's kind of creepy being followed by a huge amount of kyle's >.>)
 Emon
10-02-2003, 6:07 PM
...so people can't cheat nearly as easily.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-02-2003, 6:10 PM
oh so that explains why i cant be some of my skins!!! i just wondered wtf is it a bug or something lol! thx tho
 Kurgan
10-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Yeah, if the server doesn't allow it you're out of luck.

Maybe people want to learn the base game before they use mods (or they're paranoid about cheats!).

Frankly I don't see the big problem with allowing a few skins though... so just look around, some servers are starting to allow stuff like that (though it's annoying if you haven't downloaded everything).
 Sgt. Antronch
10-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Yeah, if the server doesn't allow it you're out of luck.

Maybe people want to learn the base game before they use mods (or they're paranoid about cheats!).

Frankly I don't see the big problem with allowing a few skins though... so just look around, some servers are starting to allow stuff like that (though it's annoying if you haven't downloaded everything).
is there any way to use ASE (all seeing eye) or masterlist once they fix that to filter out pure servers?
 Emon
10-02-2003, 11:23 PM
For skins and models, pure server just means the server has to have them, too.
 DungeonShade
10-02-2003, 11:26 PM
^ Yup, as long as the server host has them (whether or not they are running or not) you can still join in and use them. I remember the first time I played a Q3 engine game with models on a pure server. There were always these servers that gave me "impure .pk3 file" errors then disconnected. Took me a while before I realized it was the models...
 Happypills
10-03-2003, 3:10 AM
Or perhaps its the fact the game keeps defaulting back to pure server =yes everytime you shut down and relaunch it,
Its pissing me off and i hope its fixed in the next patch.
both pure server and allow downloaded go back to defaults.
look into it you'll see what i meen.
Page: 1 of 1