Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Character Colors

Page: 1 of 1
 Master William
10-02-2003, 2:37 PM
Man, look what I found...

Have you sometimes wanted to get a certain color for your character, but you notice it isn't there?

Well now you can get it, with the use of these three commands...

char_color_red
char_color_blue
char_color_green

I really don't know exactly how to tell you to use them, but after a minute I managed to get the green color with my usual character... Which normally isn't even a color to pick to begin with.

As I know, you can type in numbers like 300, or 200.
Experiment for yourself and see if you find your favorite color, and then you can perhaps bind it to a key.
Everyone can see your color.
I also managed to color myself into a black Twi'Lek once! :eek:

Here is some pics of me in green, which without these commands wouldn't work... And best of all, everyone else can see you having it, so it's not a 'skin' thing.

Everyone can see it... Same thing goes for this screenshots I took, I guess...

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/williamzelda4/shot0321.jpg)
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/williamzelda4/shot0332.jpg)

Remember to enlarge them (I forgot how, but they tend to minimize and makes it all look ugly, but click on the screenshot once, and wait for this icon in the down right corner to appear, click it and the image will be resized to its original size)
 Quid
10-02-2003, 2:44 PM
Awesome!
 t3rr0r
10-02-2003, 3:16 PM
wow, so people are finally figuring this out... i've known this for some time now. i wish they had used the sp "playertint" system, since that one is actually accurate... unlike char_color_*, although it's still decent.
 Sabre9
10-02-2003, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
wow, so people are finally figuring this out... i've known this for some time now. i wish they had used the sp "playertint" system, since that one is actually accurate... unlike char_color_*, although it's still decent.

Yeah, I've been using it for a while to... valid numbers for all 3 variables are 0-255... However, I was not able to get black clothing, so I figured it wouldn't work for the Twi'Lek either, but it sounds like I was wrong...
 Kurgan
10-02-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm going to quote you on the Customization Thread... nice discovery!
 El Sitherino
10-02-2003, 11:22 PM
chang told us about this a while back.
 Kurgan
10-03-2003, 1:31 AM
That one slipped by me somehow... you guys need to tell me these things!
 BS87
10-03-2003, 3:31 AM
Too bad it only seems to work for the Twe'ilk, since almost every model i tried had no noticible effect.
 Sabre9
10-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BS87
Too bad it only seems to work for the Twe'ilk, since almost every model i tried had no noticible effect.

No way. I change the colors for both custom and pre-defined models also. When I get home I'll post exactly how from my .cfg files. Perhaps you're not using the variables correctly? Since it works on my non-Twi'Lek models just fine...
 t3rr0r
10-03-2003, 11:11 AM
i didn't say anything about this because i feared seeing neon green twi'leks and the like...

and, black does work... only you have to type 38 for each value, i think.
Page: 1 of 1