Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA map filter for All-Seeing Eye

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Storm
10-01-2003, 9:57 PM
Hey guys and gals, I've been doing map filters for BF1942 in ASE (The All-Seeing Eye) so I thought I'd make one for JA. If you would like a copy of my filter.txt file for ASE drop me a P.M.

What it adds are all the maps, broken down by gametype, using it's actual name, ie. "Rift Sanctuary" which is map ffa4. I also cleaned up the Gametypes by placing them in one folder and making each a checkbox.

I posted this over at the ASE forums located here (http://www.udpsoft.com/forum/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=1783). Hopfully they'll accept it, they usually do.
 Kurgan
10-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Why not post a download link for it here?

I know you can't post attachments, but that'd be more helpful than having to email you, just a thought. ; )
 Lord Storm
10-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Ask and you shall recieve. :)

JAfilter.zip (http://home.comcast.net/~jnjsheller/JAfilter.zip)

Tell me if the link works, this is the first time I've used Comcast's webserver.

*edit* just extract to your main ASE folder, make sure you backup the old filter file.
 Kurgan
10-02-2003, 1:09 AM
Downloads fine for me.. and this works with the 30 day free trial version?
 Lord Storm
10-02-2003, 1:16 AM
Yes, but I highly recommend registering.
 Wa'es
10-02-2003, 2:10 PM
ASE is awesome. I signed up for a lifetime license (not sure if they still offer this) last year. They had filters for JA out the day after the game was released. Again, AWESOME!

How about putting a No Betas filter in your custom set, Lord Storm. You can filter for the string "*internal*" in the version field. Useful to keep out those leaked beta servers that may still be around.
 Losonos
10-02-2003, 2:21 PM
Just an FYI the *internal* servers are not leaked beta servers, for the most part. My server is listed as *internal* but is using the JA Dedicated Server that you can download off fileplanet. (Aug 06, 815104 bytes)
 Lord Storm
10-02-2003, 3:12 PM
Here you go, just cut and paste at the bottom of the JA filter in your filters.txt file. I also added an OS filter, so you can choose between Windows or Linux.

Jedi Academy\Server OS
Group: NUL

Jedi Academy\Server OS\Windows
Group: JK3SER
Mutex: JK3SER
1 if version != "*win*" remove

Jedi Academy\Server OS\Linux
Group: JK3SER
Mutex: JK3SER
1 if version != "*linux*" remove

Jedi Academy\Version
Group: NUL

Jedi Academy\Version\1.0
Group: JK3VER
Mutex: JK3VER
1 if version != "JAmp: v1.0*" remove

Jedi Academy\Version\Internal
1 if version != "(internal)*" remove

Jedi Academy\Version\Other
Flags: OTHER

Enjoy!
 Sabre9
10-02-2003, 3:45 PM
???

Why is this still an issue? Like last week, I posted a bunch of times about my thread here

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111956)

(4th post down in that thread), I thought everybody saw it.

(I thought I overdid it, so I stopped pimping it, in fact)...
 Lord Storm
10-03-2003, 1:59 AM
This thread started out with my map filter for JA. But a request was made for a version filter. Your way removes the internals completely, but as was pointed out not all internals are leaked betas. So now you have a choice. Along with the OS filter, cause some people just prefer playing on Linux servers.
 Sabre9
10-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Lord Storm
This thread started out with my map filter for JA. But a request was made for a version filter. Your way removes the internals completely, but as was pointed out not all internals are leaked betas. So now you have a choice. Along with the OS filter, cause some people just prefer playing on Linux servers.

Ugh. Are you serious? Because on the first couple of days, all *internal* servers were betas. Now some aren't? Are we back to brute force try-each-server? Blah.
Page: 1 of 1