Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod help

Page: 1 of 1
 xarses
09-30-2003, 4:48 PM
Ok, i found some mod i want to run, but when i put them in the Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData folder they dont show up on the mod list to turn them on and such, am i doing anything wrong?

help please
Signed, Confused Padawan
 Kusanavi
09-30-2003, 5:54 PM
You need to add them to the Gamedata/base folder not just Gamedata =) (Oh and most mods don't show up in the mod thingy)
 |GG|Carl
09-30-2003, 5:59 PM
No, no, no!

You have to create a new folder in the Gamedata directory with the mods name on, in which you put the mod. Then it will show up in the mod list!
 Kurgan
09-30-2003, 6:55 PM
example.

Let's say I have a pk3 file called BigYoda.pk3.

I do this....

Go to GameData folder

Create a new subfolder and call it /bigyoda.

Now I drag and drop BigYoda.pk3 into /bigyoda folder.

Then I load up JA.

Then I go to SETUP, then MODS.

Now I will see a "list" of mods and bigyoda will be listed there.

Sometimes a bug occurs so it only shows a few letters of each one so it would look like:

big

So I click on that and click "LOAD" and then it loads. Whoa! It works!

Do that for all mods you want to appear in the mods list. If you dump them into /base they will load everytime the game loads (fine for skins and maps you use often, but remember it slows down the loading time and it may cause conflicts).
Page: 1 of 1