Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone else disappointed in MP?

Page: 1 of 1
 fishbOne
09-29-2003, 9:38 PM
I bought the game last week, and I gotta say I've been less than thrilled. SP was ok I guess, but MP is not very good. To me it seems like they nerfed a bunch of stuff from JK2 (grip is weaker now, the new kick is not as useful) and added a couple of new saber styles. All the force powers are the same?!?!?! The DFAs cost force but don't kill in 1 hit anymore!?!?!?!? I am rambling and I don't want to whine, but I was wondering if I was the only one who was disappointed. Thanks.
 KARNI4
09-29-2003, 9:57 PM
I agree, I find MP very dull and boring. I dont think ill be playing for to much longer. I think that I will be buying Halo Pc or breed as soon as it comes out so I have something better to play.
 WadeV1589
09-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Wait until us modders get on the case :) My team will be bringing you a Stargate style siege map complete with death gliders you can fly!

MP has more potential than any of the maps that came with the game let you see, trust me you'll want to stick around for it!
 Cosmos Jack
09-30-2003, 12:35 AM
All the games you guys play wouldn't by chance be saber only or saber only and limited or no force power servers?:o to me they are extremely boring. :mad:

As for everything life force powers being the same and crap what did you expect? On that note you can ready reviews of the game and fined out its features or maybe hmm check out the web site.

Apart from a few small things nothing was in or out of the game that I didn't expect.
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 12:44 AM
I love Siege Mode. :D

The love using the E-Web and blasting people up. :p
Trouble is that it's easy to get killed in Siege, better get soem practice then. ;)
 Kurgan
09-30-2003, 12:56 AM
My only disappointment in MP is that there aren't more Siege Maps (and bot support). ; )

But that will come with the mapping tools being released...
 ChineseJedi
09-30-2003, 12:57 AM
The best are no force power duels and power duels. The other mods are too chaotic and too random.
 Sam Fisher
09-30-2003, 1:26 AM
I don't have any complaints, except that that if you use the saberstaff, you get called a "n00b" or "noobie staff user". They just can't cope with new stuff. Poor them.
 Quid
09-30-2003, 1:32 AM
Love everything in MP besides like Kurgan said more siege maps...
 DungeonShade
09-30-2003, 2:48 AM
Except for the server browser bug I love MP.
 Quid
09-30-2003, 1:42 PM
Yeah i know that bugs me too. Only a few servers show up, not even my own...
 Quid
09-30-2003, 1:42 PM
Yeah my own server doesnt even show on the list..
 fishbOne
09-30-2003, 1:46 PM
I played a game of no guns CTF last night. It was horrible. I'd rather have my dog fart in my face than play it again. It sucks too because I used to really enjoy it. We played for almost an hour and the score was 0-0 LOL. Oh well, I guess it's off to FFA for me. Siege is kind of cool too I guess.
 defalc
09-30-2003, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
Wait until us modders get on the case :) My team will be bringing you a Stargate style siege map complete with death gliders you can fly!
I expect Zat-guns, Staff Cannons, Shields, and a DHD. ;)
Page: 1 of 1