Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official 'Help with Bakura' (bombs) thread *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 2
 rogue 390
09-19-2003, 4:54 AM
PLEASE HELP NOT SURE WHICH MISSION I THINK ITS 2ND MISSION, BUT ITS THE ONE WHERE YOU DISARM 4 BOMBS IN THE CITY, ALMOST FINISH IT ,JUST CANT SEEM TO FIND A WAY TO GET BACK TO MY SHIP THE DOOR YOU ENTER DOSENT OPEN NOW HOW DO YOU GET BACK TO THE SHIP PLEASE HAVE GONE AROUND FOR HOURS TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT!!!!:rolleyes: :confused: :fett: :(
 [My Name Here]
09-19-2003, 5:01 AM
It's 5 bombs actually. And since I didn't get stuck at that part, I'd say go to this link (if you're an IGN Insider): http://guides.ign.com/guides/498701/page_10.html)

I'd copy and paste it for ya, but I must go to bed and do not have the time to skim that. And I'm sure someone else can tell ya.
 ShoXsen
09-19-2003, 6:53 AM
I think its a Bug.
Noclip and trough the wall. ;-)

Shame on me. :o

Hehe, theres another bug. At the "first Mission" (the way to the academy), Jaden jump over the water and the other guy jump too but he died. :confused:
So i have to reastart the game.
 obidunlap
09-19-2003, 3:09 PM
You have to diffuse the bombs in a certain order in order for the door you first came in to be open again(door where your ship is). Hope this helps.:D
 StormHammer
09-19-2003, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by rogue 390
PLEASE HELP NOT SURE WHICH MISSION I THINK ITS 2ND MISSION, BUT ITS THE ONE WHERE YOU DISARM 4 BOMBS IN THE CITY, ALMOST FINISH IT ,JUST CANT SEEM TO FIND A WAY TO GET BACK TO MY SHIP THE DOOR YOU ENTER DOSENT OPEN NOW HOW DO YOU GET BACK TO THE SHIP PLEASE HAVE GONE AROUND FOR HOURS TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT!!!!:rolleyes: :confused: :fett: :(

Please, please...stop typing everything in CAPS - it is considered to be SHOUTING over the net. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as [My Name Here] stated, there are 5 bombs. You have to defuse all of them before you can end the mission. I know...because I also had this problem until I realised I had not defused all of them. Once they are all defused, you should be able to get back to your ship.
 Perry Rhodan
09-19-2003, 4:18 PM
I also think this is a bug, i've personally seen two people on totally different systems encounter this. The bombs are all diffused (all 5) and the door looks as if it should be unlocked (there are 2 yellow squares on the door) but it doesn't open and you have to noclip your way through to finish the level. It may very well be the order in which you disarm the bombs, but the mission briefing doesn't say anything about that so i consider it to be a bug.
 summiner
09-19-2003, 4:19 PM
On the bakura mission, when you go around disarming all the bombs, after they have all been disarmed the mission objective is to get back to your ship. Well i cant find a way back, the way that I came in the door does not open, i have looked around but have not found a way out, if you could post hot to that would be a great help, also if you know of a site that has a guide on it please post here, thanks.
 obidunlap
09-19-2003, 7:17 PM
Again, as I said before you have to diffuse the bombs in a certain order for the door to be open when you diffuse the 5th bomb. I had the same problem as you, the door was not open. I went to another thread, not sure what one, and it said the bombs needed to be diffused in the proper order. So i started the mission over and diffused the bombs in that order, and presto the door opened for me when I tried to leave. I don't think it is a bug, I think it is a challenge for you to try and figure out. Hope this helps.:D
 Lord Storm
09-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ShoXsen
I think its a Bug.
Noclip and trough the wall. ;-)

Shame on me. :o

Hehe, theres another bug. At the "first Mission" (the way to the academy), Jaden jump over the water and the other guy jump too but he died. :confused:
So i have to reastart the game.

I have never encountered that bug in the first mission. My kids have played that mission many times, and they never encountered that bug.

As far as the so called Bakura bug, I must've got lucky and defused them in the right order, cause I never had that problem either.
 ee334
09-20-2003, 3:23 AM
what is the order of the bombs that need to be defused to beat this level?
 ege02
09-20-2003, 3:58 AM
i think it's a bug... i mean, it doesn't say ANYTHING about a certain order to diffuse the bombs... i dunno i actually was in the bathroom during the briefing so i didnt know there were bombs until i killed everybody on the level and was kind of curious about what was next (since there wasn't anywhere left to go) so didn't diffuse them in a certain order.
 Wesman
09-20-2003, 4:25 AM
just what i was looking for... gonna have to noclip :( ahh well, back to playing hehe
 JACathcart
09-21-2003, 3:44 AM
Hi guys,
I'm on the level near the beginning of the game where you have to run around the base located on the volcano and shut off five imperial bombs. I've shut all five of them off and have been told to get back to my ship, but I can't. When I get to the door I came in through, it's locked and won't swish open when I approach. Can anyone help? I've been all over this map several times now and I'm gettin' a bit frustrated! :confused:
 SpaceButler13
09-21-2003, 5:28 AM
It's a bug, and there have been some threads on it. Basically you need to disarm them in a certain order or the door sticks. I'm not sure exactly what that is since I skipped the mission in frustration, but there are two threads with Bakura in their titles around here for that.
 qweazdak
09-21-2003, 5:43 AM
Hmm. Have you tried going back to your ship the other way? You cant just go back to your ship the way you came to the bombs.
 zarnywoop
09-21-2003, 8:54 AM
the best way is type helpusobi 1 to turn cheats on
then use noclip u then 'float' through the door then noclip again to turn it off...

...save you having to redo the level.
 Wanderer
09-21-2003, 10:27 AM
I have the german version. And I had not to disable the bombs in any kind of order. Don't know if this is only a bug in the english version. Maybe you should try another door or play the level again....
 RenaissanceMan
09-21-2003, 7:38 PM
Hello, I must have spent the better part of 2 hours trying to solve this. I am on the planet Bakura and have disarmed all of the bombs. Now I have to get back to my ship, trouble is... when I disarm the last bomb, the door that leads to my plane closes and I have been unable to open it or find another way back to my xwing.
I hope there is someone out there who can lend some assistance on this.
thanks in advance, very frustrated.
 qweazdak
09-21-2003, 7:53 PM
Althought I had no problems with this map, people say thats a bug. Many people are in the same situation as you are.
 jesseg88
09-21-2003, 9:39 PM
As a last resort, press "shift ~", type "helpusobi 1", then type "noclip", close the console, go through the door, and bring down the console, type "noclip" again, and close the console again.
 kCmCg
09-22-2003, 3:24 AM
Im done. Im supposed to get back to my ship, but the door I came thought doesnt open;nor the one that continues on the path i was on when I got that objective. Its probably somehing really dumb, but I have a headache and am tired heh. Ive scoured over the level, I cant find anything to use, push, blow up, or crawl through. Hints? :(
 kCmCg
09-22-2003, 3:54 AM
You know, the one where your supposed to wait for Kyle...but dont?

Im done. Im supposed to get back to my ship, but the door I came thought doesnt open;nor the one that continues on the path i was on when I got that objective. Its probably somehing really dumb, but I have a headache and am tired heh. Ive scoured over the level, I cant find anything to use, push, blow up, or crawl through. Hints?

:(
 el cuko
09-22-2003, 4:46 AM
Yeah,
I posted this as a bug-
There is no way back to the ship.
You will need to restart the level and avoid going down the hall that comes back in on the left of the main entrance. Unlocking the last door triggers the front door to open, but this can only happen once. It's a major bug.
 IronFryman
09-22-2003, 5:19 AM
You have to blow up the mine things. I dont know why, you just have to. its weird. Or you dont have all the bombs. Or you didnt go back to the beginning the right way. But there isnt a bug that stops you from completing the level. I have beat it several times.
 MarshMPH
09-22-2003, 6:34 AM
I'm having the same problem. Which hallway is the one to avoid? If you were entering from the ship, is it the one on the left or right?
 IronFryman
09-22-2003, 7:20 AM
you go in to the left, come out from the right.
 Balder
09-22-2003, 1:44 PM
There's another thread with a listing of bombs in the order the poster used to disarm them.
I had to reverse the last 2 and it worked for me.

Basically it's
1. first platform
2. 2nd platform (after the "fire" hallway)
3. outside near the containers
4. turbine room
5. "pipe" room (with the cool colors. The room where you first find out about the bombs through the monitor.)

I saved the game once I entered the turbine room. That way I could go back if I hit the "pipe" room first.
 JDKnite188
09-22-2003, 2:33 PM
I don't know if order really matters. I didn't diffuse the first bomb that was encountered, but I still beat the map. It is a frustrating mission though.
 bunnymud
09-22-2003, 5:21 PM
I'd say also that it is the order in which you diffuse the bombs

alas...I will clip my way to victory
 Sam Fisher
09-22-2003, 5:31 PM
Just walk around the catwalks until you get to the hanger, there is a catwalk to the hanger from the building in the center.
 jpburton5150
09-23-2003, 10:31 AM
yeah i dont remember what order i did it in but it also wouldnt open for me... i searched around the whole damn level for like an hour until i gave up and used noclip
 txa1265
09-23-2003, 12:46 PM
I just played the map for the second time in a few days (got through the 'first tier', then decided to change my player character and force power allocation, so I started again ... don't ask)

Anyway, I liked this level, and wanted to explore more the second time, so I took a different route as soon as I could, so I know I did it differently. I also did the first couple in different order as well. As soon as I had all five I just slogged my way back, and the door opened right up for me.

Mike
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
All the bombs are simply on the outside of the main platform, right beside the big storage tanks, easy as that. I went through it fine.
 Ikhnaton
09-23-2003, 4:23 PM
i encountered the same bug in my game. granted, i didn't defuse in any particular order. i think by the time i had gotten to the 4th bomb, i figured out i had to defuse them, so i had to backtrack. The door would not open for me so i clipped through.

Another bug i encountered involved one of the elevators in the turbine room. With the row of turbines on your left, it is the elevator on the right that goes all the way down and all the way up. My elevator got stuck about a foot (relative height in the game) from the top and the sound of the elevator running continued throughout the level. It was kinda funny that i would leave the room for a while and come back, and the same elevator sound would be playing. anyway, it rendered the elevator useless.
 txa1265
09-23-2003, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by Ikhnaton
i encountered the same bug in my game. granted, i didn't defuse in any particular order. i think by the time i had gotten to the 4th bomb, i figured out i had to defuse them, so i had to backtrack. The door would not open for me so i clipped through.

You did know there are 5 bombs to defuse, didn't you? If you only did four, you should still have an objective to find the last one.

Another bug i encountered involved one of the elevators in the turbine room. With the row of turbines on your left, it is the elevator on the right that goes all the way down and all the way up. My elevator got stuck about a foot (relative height in the game) from the top and the sound of the elevator running continued throughout the level. It was kinda funny that i would leave the room for a while and come back, and the same elevator sound would be playing. anyway, it rendered the elevator useless.
Are you sure that was a bug and not a weapon/body on the elevator? I remember in JKII having doors getting stuck because an enemy fell into it while dying.

Mike
 Ikhnaton
09-23-2003, 4:48 PM
uh, yes, i did defuse all 5 of the bombs.

As far as the elevator goes, i remember jumping on the platform from above right when it had gotten to that point and it got stuck. there was no dead body that i could see on it.
 StormHammer
09-23-2003, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
Are you sure that was a bug and not a weapon/body on the elevator? I remember in JKII having doors getting stuck because an enemy fell into it while dying.

Mike

I had this happen to me in JA. I got on a lift, and a stormtrooper decided to walk right under it...so the lift would not go all the way down. It didn't kill the stormtrooper like I expected - so I had to duck to get through the smaller opening (luckily there was just enough room for me to do so).

Anyway...I turned around and shot him...and although he died, his weapon was left, and the elevator still could not come all the way down - until I used Force Pull to get the weapon out from underneath the platform.

It might be a bug...but in that instance, it actually made sense that the elevator could not fully descend, because the weapon was left in the way. :)
 el cuko
09-23-2003, 5:48 PM
You have to blow up the mine things. I dont know why, you just have to. its weird. Or you dont have all the bombs. Or you didnt go back to the beginning the right way. But there isnt a bug that stops you from completing the level. I have beat it several times.

There is a bug here. I have beaten the level at least a couple of times, and order of bombs is irrelevant. Exit is made available after left hall is completed (unsure about whether or not trip mines must be exploded) The problem occurs if you take this path early in the level. Try taking the path without deactivating all of the bombs - door will be opened and you may return to ship. After going outside, return and deactivate all bombs. See if you can get back outside now! You are permanently locked in. The trigger that activates the door can no longer be triggered (whether it be the trip mines or the unlocking of the door)
 sights0d
09-23-2003, 8:22 PM
Yes, there really is a bug. I've been screwed, but I eventually beat the level the second time. I tried to take the bombs in the order that they are presented. First the three nearby the beginning, then further out in the level. If it was me? I'd just noclip it, but I couldn't remember the way to enable cheats.
 FragMaster2k
09-23-2003, 8:40 PM
Im stuck on the bakura station level also, i have read about this "noclip" cheat but cant find anyway to use it. There doesnt appear to be a consle command and now im really stuck. Please help.:confused:
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2003, 8:45 PM
To noclip, just type into the console once:

noclip

Then again to turn it off.
 FragMaster2k
09-23-2003, 8:49 PM
how do u get the console up though? Ive tried pressing shift + ~ but that does not appear to work, would it matter that im in the UK??
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2003, 8:52 PM
appear to work, would it matter that im in the UK??

Not that I know of, it shouldn't.
 kipster13us
09-30-2003, 1:17 PM
Help!!!
The door that leads outside to my ship is closed and will not open!!!! This is the level Bakara. Is there something I need to do, or is this a bug in the game?...I already deactivated all 5 bombs. Please help Obi-One....you're my only hope!!!
 Furious
09-30-2003, 1:34 PM
Its a bug of sorts. From what I have heard you 'have to' disarm the bombs in a certain order for the door to open (which may be the bug). I had to do a devmapall, helpusobi 1, then do noclip 1 (command is something like that). Go through the door and go to your ship. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.

Cheers,
Furious
:jawa
 LainTora
09-30-2003, 1:43 PM
Is this the level with Wedge? If so, keep reading (highlight text to read better)...

I was stuck to until I thought instead of going through the door, how about up and over the door (roof). From in the hangar, you need to climb the fallen beam/debris, and get to the second floor walkway, go outside, then Force jump onto the roof of the hangar (takes two jumps - one on top of the door you just came out, and the second to the roof), then jump down to your ship.
 sights0d
09-30-2003, 4:25 PM
Nah, not that one. The Bakura level has a pretty well known bug in the executing script for the map. The darned thing has so many triggered entities that are interdependent. The answer is to just do the noclip cheat (as seen above) or just rerun the level in the correct order (by correct, I mean just run the bombs in the order that they are available or presented.
 Remirol Nacnud
09-30-2003, 6:53 PM
If you've missed a bomb, or you need to disarm the bombs in the right order, then here's how you should do it.

You use forse sense, pretty much everywhere you go.
That way you see the bombs in blue, and you'll see them and go to them in the right order(instead of accidentally missing one)

And if you're totally stuck,
SHIFT ¬
helpusobi 1
noclip

Hope that helps.
 sights0d
09-30-2003, 7:02 PM
No way! I didn't know that. I figured they all glowed. Darn it.!
 STTCT
10-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Forgive me....

but....those are bombs....?

Are they in the room where the door won't open back up....?

I was stuck there for an hour before I had to leave for work :mad:
Page: 1 of 2