Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

origenal JO maps into JA?

Page: 1 of 1
 ninja
09-19-2003, 12:32 AM
i was wondering what needs to be done to put the origenal multiplayer maps from jedi outcast into jedi academy. do i need to copy certain files? i dont know anything about making maps.

if its too complicated do you think you can make the files mappers? this also can be easy to make if you know about mapping i think. the maps from JO were really cool. and theres only a few maps in JA.
 ninja
09-19-2003, 1:35 AM
i know somebody has figuered this out.
 KevinCoyle
09-19-2003, 2:31 AM
Here's what you do, say you want the bespin streets mp map.

create two folders on your desktop, one called JOTextures and one called BespinMap

go to your Jk2\gamedata\base folder and open assets0.pk3 with winzip. Sort the files by path by clicking on the path column in winzip, find the textures folder and select all the texture files and extract them (make sure "use folder names" is checked while extracting) to the JOTextures folder. open up JOtextures and select the entire contents and right click, pick "add to zip" name your zip JOTextures.pk3 make sure you save it to JOtextures and not somewhere in a texture folder. copy JOtextures.pk3 to JediAcademy\gamedata\base. You now have the Jedi outcast textures available.

Second, open up assets0.pk3 from Jk2 again, sort the files by name and select ffa_bespin.bsp ffa_bespin.wnt and ffa_bespin.jpg, extract these to the bespinMap folder. open up bespinmap and create a new folder called scripts, open up notepad and type this into notepad

{
map "ffa_bespin"
bots "Luke"
longname "Bespin Streets"
fraglimit 10
type "ffa"
}

save your file as ffa_bespin.arena into the scripts folder.
select the entire contents of bespinmap and right click and choose "add to zip" again. name your file FFABespin.pk3 and copy FFABespin.pk3 into JediAcademy\gamedata\base and try it out.
 ninja
09-19-2003, 2:38 AM
head rush lol. thanks :)
 DarkendShadow
09-20-2003, 5:01 PM
O_O AWESOME IT WORKS
 Astrotoy7
09-21-2003, 7:01 AM
Kevin Coyle seems to know his stuff !

Can this be done with SP levels, is teh procedure the same !

how are they loaded from the console.

I'd just LOVE to play some of the JO SP maps with my JA character(s)

any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!!

MTFBWYA
 Buffy
09-21-2003, 11:39 AM
here is some Maps already ...
http://www.pcgamemods.com/5/)
Page: 1 of 1