Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I must have been gone too long..

Page: 1 of 1
 ILR
09-18-2003, 6:53 PM
Holy crap there's actually contraversy about this game? Is that even possible? In JO I had two force powers I used, push and heal. Because when I gripped I got pushed into my ass.. lightning wasn't fast enough and drained your force pool pretty quick. Mind trick is used for set up situations.

In JA I have push, pull, absorb, protect, speed, and heal bound to keys. And I use them all... alot. For every dark side power they throw at me there's something I can do against it. A whole new depth in the game.

In JO once you get defense 3 your set for life against troopers. In JA with defense 3 you could potentially deflect everything back at your enemy, but you gotta be good about dodge a few blasts. Fightin troopers is actually exciting at the end of the game. And its cool to know I have some control over how well I deflect blasts. Control over my character = good.

Cmon... I was sold on the train level!! Running against the rain and wind up a train takin out bandits along the way and savin the day.... holy crap people!! I was four years old all over again!

How in god's name is there any controversy about this game?
 NickoHead
09-18-2003, 7:08 PM
period ;)
 NITEMARE
09-19-2003, 3:13 AM
it's totaly happening dude!

many people had their expectations up to no good while lurking around the forums and squeezing the last fun out of the demo along with al informations about what level bosses to expect and how the story might be in the final. besides that, JA is a sequell and thus in the line of fire from JO fans. JO did't have such a troubling predecessor... JK1 is an old game and most of the people who played it are dead by now (i am barely alive, 23 and soon dead also, heh this internet is killing me).
 Prime
09-19-2003, 3:19 AM
Originally posted by ILR
Holy crap there's actually contraversy about this game? Is that even possible? In JO I had two force powers I used, push and heal. Because when I gripped I got pushed into my ass.. lightning wasn't fast enough and drained your force pool pretty quick. Mind trick is used for set up situations.

In JA I have push, pull, absorb, protect, speed, and heal bound to keys. And I use them all... alot. For every dark side power they throw at me there's something I can do against it. A whole new depth in the game.

In JO once you get defense 3 your set for life against troopers. In JA with defense 3 you could potentially deflect everything back at your enemy, but you gotta be good about dodge a few blasts. Fightin troopers is actually exciting at the end of the game. And its cool to know I have some control over how well I deflect blasts. Control over my character = good.

Cmon... I was sold on the train level!! Running against the rain and wind up a train takin out bandits along the way and savin the day.... holy crap people!! I was four years old all over again!

How in god's name is there any controversy about this game? It really doesn't make any sense, does it?
 scarlet
09-19-2003, 3:38 AM
MOST of the controversy is over modes you've never played, so please refrain from making comments until you have had some experience with FF duel and s/o ctf, and understand exactly how they have changed these modes. you can praise nf dueling and even ffa as much as you want, we're not arguing with you, just do NOT assume that people play the same way in other modes.
 NITEMARE
09-19-2003, 6:43 AM
i was a saber only purist before, but it got boring without a mod.
the new moves and sabers will add new excitement in nf duels, i hope positively. and even full force could be better now, since drain doesn't add force to the drainer anymore, or is it? in sp it just heals me but i lose force while using it. so it is not as powerfull as it was in JO. mabe it is all better this time. i will give it a chance. and if even I can do this, others should be able too...
 gedassan
09-19-2003, 6:54 AM
ILR, very well said!

If I get at least one good experience from the game, it is already good. In JO it was the lightsaber retrieval quest for me - so cool:)

JA demo is already good for me, stabbing the two guards with dual sabers or jumping across the exploding bridge was cool.
 Master William
09-19-2003, 6:59 AM
Yes, the game simply rocks. I think JO had better SP maps, but still.
I am also a light sider, I have the force powers:

Jump
Push
Pull

Absorb (for avoiding drain, lightning, and grip)

Protect (for receiving lesser damage from falls, or guns, I use this in CTF, and they just give up the moment I turn on protect, and ignite their sabers, lol)

Heal (for healing of course, very good to have, don't have to drain somebody to get it)

And the other ones, saber defense/attack/offense and etc.

And I love the katas, I often defeat my enemy this way in duels.
They don't run into it as some people think, if they for an example are jumping towards you, you can use kata.

And there are moments where they try to attack you with the kata. But I agree, when players will gain more skills, it will be totally useless to use kata, since everyone know how to avoid it.
 NITEMARE
09-19-2003, 11:33 AM
it takes weeks to realy know whats a good taktik and what proved to be useless. and then there is still the danger of the PATCH. which can turn everything upside down...
 scarlet
09-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by NITEMARE
and even full force could be better now, since drain doesn't add force to the drainer anymore, or is it?

it never gave the drainer his force back, that would make two people draining go to an eternal standoff (use some logic man).

and no, full force combat is not better, as there is no force based attack (such as ptk, gk) excluding lightning (don't think i have to say anything about that) and a very weak, easy to escape grip. sure, there may be combos, but no one hit kills unless you simply walk into someone's kata, which an intelligent ff duelist would stay away from. and you know what's sad? let's say someone pulls off a kata and leaves themself completely open, what is the other guy going to do to punish the kata-whore? if he gets a few hp off, then can't the guy who kataed just drain it back? and don't give me your crap about absorb vs. drain. All you have to do is wait about 20 seconds and absorb will run itself out, leaving the guy with virtually nf.
 Nemios
09-19-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by scarlet
and don't give me your crap about absorb vs. drain. All you have to do is wait about 20 seconds and absorb will run itself out, leaving the guy with virtually nf.

You know, you can also turn off absorb. The trick is to turn on on the right moment and then turn it off while your opponent thinks you have it still on. Doesn't always work but when I and my brother play JO in LAN he often finds me ready, as if I have always absorb on. :cool:
 Rumor
09-19-2003, 12:43 PM
i was a saber only purist before, but it got boring without a mod.
the new moves and sabers will add new excitement in nf duels, i hope positively. and even full force could be better now, since drain doesn't add force to the drainer anymore, or is it? in sp it just heals me but i lose force while using it. so it is not as powerfull as it was in JO. mabe it is all better this time. i will give it a chance. and if even I can do this, others should be able too...

full force is WORSE. sorry to say but it is. and incase none of you noticed, aside from that big bug in sp, the gripes that have been really voiced surround FF/SO.

You know, you can also turn off absorb. The trick is to turn on on the right moment and then turn it off while your opponent thinks you have it still on. Doesn't always work but when I and my brother play JO in LAN he often finds me ready, as if I have always absorb on.

you know, that even if it works on him, it won't work on 99.9% of the people who play FF/SO duel. why? we have speakers. and we only need you to drop it once and sometimes twice in order to win the duel.

and whoever said that drain gives force, DUDE HAVE YOU EVER PLAYEd MULTIPLAYER? drain gives HEALTH and depletes YOUR force just like any other force power does.

for future posters of ANYTHING, make sure that you actually KNOW what you are talking about before posting. ignorance just clutters up threads.
 traj
09-19-2003, 1:27 PM
I was going nuts reading this ****. I honestly cringed. Thank God you guys got straightened them out. Good job Rumor and Scar.

Wow, I wonder if these are the same people who the devs listened to on these forums when creating JA? Please do a little research before posting. Someone might read it and think you know what you're talking about.
 NITEMARE
09-19-2003, 2:41 PM
don't worry, people like me don't get to be advisors. i am not the average player so my oppinion doesn't count. i don't realy care about ff duels since it is alway screwed up. although i must add another "rumor": g_saberRestrictForce is supposed to restrict the force to those who holstered their sabers. so if u want to puch/pull/drain whaterver, the saber has to be off. if that actually works, it could make it more tactical ff duel. i have no server admin rights so i can't sonfirm this "rumor"...
 t3rr0r
09-19-2003, 2:47 PM
i have no server admin rights so i can't sonfirm this "rumor"...
try it on your own, then.
 traj
09-19-2003, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by ILR
In JO I had two force powers I used, push and heal. Because when I gripped I got pushed into my ass.. lightning wasn't fast enough and drained your force pool pretty quick. Mind trick is used for set up situations.

How in god's name is there any controversy about this game?

I pray to God your ONLY talking about SP.
 NITEMARE
09-19-2003, 6:28 PM
heh it seems that i am a stupid one, or at least as very slow thinker. but the reason i said that is because i don't realy care so much about the game since i am no admin anymore. i was last year but my "anger management" therapist advised me to quit...
Page: 1 of 1