Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

To all the great people associated with the making of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy...

Page: 1 of 1
 wassup
09-18-2003, 3:40 AM
Dear Raven,

You may have noticed that since Jedi Academy came out there has been alot of negative feedback about countless numbers of this and that. You guys/gals are probably too mature to let this get to you, but the negative, immature things these misguided and uninformed players say about the game do not reflect the feelings of the true Jedi Knight community. These are gamers who just probably played a few rounds of MP or SP, and did not fully appreciate the game with an open heart and mind. As the famous saying goes, you cannot judge a book by its cover. Likewise, this game cannot be judged simply by basing one's opinion upon a few minutes of play. This game is still in its infancy, and sure enough, there are some cracks and bruises in it. However, what some people fail to realize are the positive aspects of this game, and they let the negative things, however small and minor they may be, get to their emotions and influence their misguided and premature judgements.

We, the true fans of the this long-lasting series, the people who have been playing since Dark Forces (and maybe even before), the people who see the hard work and dedication put into this game, we thank you for creating yet another fabulous product to spend our time on while procrastinating on homework, or ignoring the wife/kids, etc. Thanks and keep making great games for us to enjoy, cause we were, are, and always will be here to appreciate it.
 Prime
09-18-2003, 3:47 AM
Here Here :)
 rut-wa jodar
09-18-2003, 6:39 AM
I understand what you are saying but sticking your tongue down the back of Ravens trousers will not entitle you to a free Lightsaber, you know.
 dragon457
09-18-2003, 7:19 AM
I agree, wassup. People either take things waaay too seriously when games like this are first released, or they try too hard to compare and nit-pick to the previous games, and miss the whole point of the game.

Do all the naysayers really believe Raven didn't do their homework and make things the way they are without any thought? That's what months of playtesting are for, before a game is released.

Personally, I think all these things that others are saying are drawbacks and nerfs are just ways of Raven trying to even the playing field. The same complaints were made when the 1.03 and 1.04 patches were made to JO. But you know what? It just made us players who were dedicated to the game get better and play smarter.

For all those people who don't like the way JA came out: play the game and stop complaining about how it wasn't made to YOUR specifications.
 JediNyt
09-18-2003, 7:21 AM
wassup

:wstupid:
 Astrotoy7
09-18-2003, 8:39 AM
To those who like to complain and nit-pick :
Get your ass off your mums(or is it mom ;P) couch and let me see you get a job with a great developer like Raven and make the greatest game ever that will please every gamer in the world....

And yes, when you go back to your next shift at Burger King, spare a thought for those software developers who make efforts to accomodate the mod community(Raven are pretty good), and remember..they make more money than you, so I dont think they'll shed any tears for any acid comments...

As Wassup stated

Thanks and keep making great games for us to enjoy, cause we were, are, and always will be here to appreciate it.

Bravo !

MTFBWYA

*goes off to play JA - the greatest game of its kind*
 Sivy
09-18-2003, 8:52 AM
i think people just find it easier to complain about things then praise them.
i haven't got the game yet.. tomorrow is the release date for the UK (woo hoo!) and all the negative stuff I’m hearing doesn’t faze me, cause i know how nit-picky people are nowadays.

yes, bravo to raven for making this game, i know i'm going to love it :)
 StaffMaster
09-18-2003, 11:45 AM
these are the same people that dont understand what the problem with Kazaa is.

No understanding of economics or technology development and what kind of effort goes into aking these things happen.

Im sure that Raven could have jus taken the moves from outcast tweaked them and combined them to make some new ones. Instead you can tell they actually brought martial artists in to motion capture proper fighting stance and saber gripping.

Which I must say they did a great job of.

BTW

we all know and love the "help us obi wan" hologram from a new hope?

Well the technology is here.

http://www.io2technology.com/index.htm)

Now if they can get to work on lightsabers.

:) :cool:
 Prime
09-18-2003, 1:23 PM
When some people find that they aren't immediately successful at a game, they blame everything but themselves for their failure. Since they aren't doing well, it must be the game!

I've already seen several requests for a patch to nerf things.
 TK-8252
09-18-2003, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by wassup
Dear Raven,

You may have noticed that since Jedi Academy came out there has been alot of negative feedback about countless numbers of this and that. You guys/gals are probably too mature to let this get to you, but the negative, immature things these misguided and uninformed players say about the game do not reflect the feelings of the true Jedi Knight community. These are gamers who just probably played a few rounds of MP or SP, and did not fully appreciate the game with an open heart and mind. As the famous saying goes, you cannot judge a book by its cover. Likewise, this game cannot be judged simply by basing one's opinion upon a few minutes of play. This game is still in its infancy, and sure enough, there are some cracks and bruises in it. However, what some people fail to realize are the positive aspects of this game, and they let the negative things, however small and minor they may be, get to their emotions and influence their misguided and premature judgements.

We, the true fans of the this long-lasting series, the people who have been playing since Dark Forces (and maybe even before), the people who see the hard work and dedication put into this game, we thank you for creating yet another fabulous product to spend our time on while procrastinating on homework, or ignoring the wife/kids, etc. Thanks and keep making great games for us to enjoy, cause we were, are, and always will be here to appreciate it. :cheers: Here here! :cheers:

rut-wa jodar
JediNyt
:wstupid:
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 2:28 PM
Well obviously if there is only a minority complaining about features in the game then raven/lucas won't take notice of them. I think I missed the point of this thread.
btw if noone says anything, then no patches will be released.
 TK-8252
09-18-2003, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by Comm539
btw if noone says anything, then no patches will be released. Good point, but most people are just flat-out saying "This game sux!" and not offering much constructive critisism. If Raven & Lucasarts read that, they won't be able to figure out what needs to be included in the patch. You have a right to your opinion, but let's keep it constructive. Not DEstructive.
Page: 1 of 1