Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

failure to deliver on time...

Page: 1 of 1
 EJA-Jathan
09-17-2003, 11:43 PM
i dont know if anyone else is having this problem but in the 200 mile radius from my home no single store has a copy of Jedi Academy in it at all. All the stores within my immediate area told me that they were confirmed it would be here YESTERDAY. so i just want to say that im disappointed with lucasarts and co. they couldnt even deliver on the day they said they would

tsk tsk...i hope kotor is on time you FOO's!!
 eastcoast2895
09-17-2003, 11:51 PM
i kinda know how u feel. my best buy doesn't have a copy yet (i haven't checked anywhere else cuz i got gift certificates) and all i can do is sit at home and wait for Isabel to come. to quote President Bush "Bring 'em on". well more so it.
 Prime
09-18-2003, 2:46 AM
Jeez, seems most stores in my city had the game as of today, exactly as scheduled. Frankly, I'd like to congratulate Raven and Lucasarts for delivering an excellent game on time with no delays! I suspect the problems you guys are having have to do with shipping companies, not Lucasarts.
 Andy867
09-18-2003, 4:47 AM
actually, I wouldn't blame lucasarts, since the game probably wasn't mass produced in San Francisco. It was probably sent off to company that's only job is to mass produce video games, etc and then the job for UPS/FedEx to deliver it...
 Taran'atar
09-18-2003, 6:24 AM
It's the store that distributes the game. Once it goes gold and goes off for duplication, it's out of Lucasarts's/Raven's hands.
 Imperial_thug
09-18-2003, 6:43 AM
Yep, I had that problem thismorning.
I went to all the stores in my town. I would have went out of town, but I worked late last night, and had to go back to work. Pretty dissapointing, but I'll try again tommorrow.
 Jaden007
09-18-2003, 12:30 PM
I preordered it and they said itll get here 2 days ago... not here :cry8: BUt its getting here today:)
 Prime
09-18-2003, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by Jaden007
I preordered it and they said itll get here 2 days ago... not here :cry8: BUt its getting here today:) That's why I never pre-order when I can just go and pick it up on the release date :)
 TheBarcode
09-18-2003, 1:26 PM
EJ-Jathan, I live within 200 miles of you (southern Ohio). I got it on the 17th at EB in a nearby mall. Try looking in some of the bigger cities.
 cheapherk
09-18-2003, 2:38 PM
I paid for next day shipping rather than the free shipping. I got it a day early. I had the same problem when I preordered Starfighter.
 Kurgan
09-18-2003, 3:52 PM
The stores around here made quite a pathetic showing of JA.

Only Gamestop and EB had it in the whole Quad Cities it seems.

Wal-Mart and Best Buy will probably get it a week from now. ; p
 EJA-Jathan
09-18-2003, 7:19 PM
well i got it finally, after searching all over the city. neither best buy had it and compusa or any EB has it yet

but

babbages (gamestop) has it and woohoo i got it. sorry if i seemed rude in my initial post but i was a little put out by the fact that no store had it on the release date when a few days previous they said it would be in. in fact best buy doesnt even have the game on its website, thats wierd if you ask me

well im off to engulf myself in saber splender

peace
Page: 1 of 1