Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Got the game my multiplayer review (not good)

Page: 1 of 1
 Destino
09-17-2003, 10:21 PM
1- the twin lightsaber special is big time stupid. Almost all hit go thru you while you do it and it kills mad quick. Really stupid.

2- Single saber special don't land, if you are a millimeter off you float past your enemy. With the way real humans move characters they are useless.

3- Hit detection is screwy, sometimes you get right next to people and swing swing swing swing and not even so much as a block it goes thru them.

Patch needed. Raven get to work.
 Sam
09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
They hope they dont patch it up too bad.
 acdcfanbill
09-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Destino
1- the twin lightsaber special is big time stupid. Almost all hit go thru you while you do it and it kills mad quick. Really stupid.

2- Single saber special don't land, if you are a millimeter off you float past your enemy. With the way real humans move characters they are useless.

3- Hit detection is screwy, sometimes you get right next to people and swing swing swing swing and not even so much as a block it goes thru them.

Patch needed. Raven get to work.

one thing i would like to point out about #1 is that as stupid as you think it is, i really like the move, it allow me to either rollstab, or lunge them killing them with one shot. i kill people who do that move a lot more often than they kill me. :)
 Kurgan
09-18-2003, 4:08 PM
How did I know you weren't going to like it? You've been bashing the game ever since the demo came out.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

In my view the folks bashing the game when it's barely been out 2 days just need to master the game first.

They act as if they can jump from 1.04 JK2 (or Jedimod or whatever they've been playing for the past year) and instantly have the insides of the game perfected, despite the lack of competition (I mean really, the majority of the people who will buy this game haven't done so yet, it's not even out in most countries).

The whole "can't hit anything" or "useless" anecdotes get me every time. Ever hear of aim?

Sorry, I'll stop, obviously we can only agree to disagree.
 PrimoSidone
09-18-2003, 4:18 PM
kurgan ur quite right... u cant master the game in just 2 days... this looks like JO but it AINT dont forget that people
 Prime
09-18-2003, 4:34 PM

3- Hit detection is screwy, sometimes you get right next to people and swing swing swing swing and not even so much as a block it goes thru them. You've been flooding these boards complaining about how laggy and choppy your MP games are. Many of us do not have these lag problems. So we know it it not the game itself, but either your connection, your system, or your graphics settings.

Yet even though your games are laggy, you complain that you can't hit anything and the collision detection is bad. Hmmmm...

I don't seem to have problems hitting what I am aiming for. The collision detection in my game seems quite good. So does that mean that I have a better copy of the game and yours is defective? That is the only answer if the above is correct. :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with you not likeing Jedi Academy, I just have a problem with you blaming things on the game when they are not the game's fault.

Patch needed. Raven get to work. My game is working great, which means the game is working correctly, and thus, does not need a patch. :)
 Agen
09-18-2003, 4:40 PM
Why did you buy this game? You've been whining and moaning about everything since your frst post.
 snowman21
09-18-2003, 4:48 PM
If you have a problem with the game, fix it. Don't rant on and on about how bad the game is. Your going to affect peoples decisions about buying the game if your complaining about it.
If you don't fix your problems, you think that you can complain until the problem is gone. Ok, i'm done now.
 ninja
09-18-2003, 5:17 PM
the only problem i've seen is in single player. theres a few bugs, where you get stuck and cant move. and as for multiplayer i just have a problem with all the lamers.
Page: 1 of 1