Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

16th or 17th?

Page: 1 of 1
 TheBlueFlamingo
09-16-2003, 5:03 AM
OK, so I'm confused here. Is the game going ot be in stores the 16th or 17th? LEC site says 17th, but numerous game sites and stores say it will be on the shelves the 16th. I don't remember real well but didn't LEC say it was going to be in stores the 16th some time back? Anyone confirm this? Answer my question?
 Naso
09-16-2003, 6:02 AM
Well, I've reserved my copy for the 16th at Evil Boutique, and that's what their website and promo boxes say so I'll be showing up rather hopefully tomorrow.......
 Rassick
09-16-2003, 12:00 PM
Every game, DVD, book, CD, and type of merchandise, like, ever so sit on store shelves has been released on a Tuesday.

And today is the 16 -- a Tuesday!! :D
 ubese1
09-16-2003, 12:37 PM
I've been wondering about this myself. Most stuff comes out on tuesdays, but the official website says the 17th. Now keep in mind that the major stores like best buy and circuit city never get the shipments directly from lucasarts. But rather the product is shipped to their distribution facilities who in turn have to send it to the stores. So these stores usually don't get the games until Thursdays. If they check them into inventory on time :D . So maybe we're seeing a new trend in the gaming industry of setting a more store nuetral in store date???? The smaller stores like gamestop always have the games atleast a day or 2 before the big dogs. So maybe its out today.
 Sivy
09-16-2003, 12:43 PM
i think its the 19th in the U.K. games are usually released on the friday :(
doesn't matter, i've got all weekend to play it :)
 Prime
09-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I've seen several places here in Canada advertise for the 16th, but when you go to the stores they say the 17th. So I'm expecting the 17th here in North America...
 BuRn
09-16-2003, 1:17 PM
my preorder said the 16th yet the store itself says the 17th. but then again i have gotten preorders a day early from this store
 Darth_Pnut
09-16-2003, 1:22 PM
EB man Just called, today is the day, and I get a free light saber keyvchain for ordering, "Ben from EB" is now my new best friend =p

YAY!

Pnut!
 Kurgan
09-16-2003, 1:55 PM
Sept 17th is the "on store shelves" date for the USA.

Some lucky people *might* get their pre-orders in today though.
 Rassick
09-16-2003, 2:23 PM
Kurgan's right.

I just phoned the local EB and Best Buy...and it's not till tomorrow! :(
 TheBlueFlamingo
09-16-2003, 3:54 PM
I just got back from Best Buy, Babages, and Game Stop here in Kalamazoo, MI none of the places had it. Babages and Game Stop said that it would be tomorrow. They gave me some BS about it being shipped and having to put it in their computers, which really means, they have it in the back but they dont want to do any work. One of the guys even looked in a folder, and started to give me some technical BS he was pulling out of his @$$, i got a glimpse of what he was reading off of, and it was actually a blank piece of paper! The nerve! Also at the Game Stop they have a pre-order box and on the box it says something like in stores August 16th. I mentioned that to the guy and he started to give me some other BS. Its a conspiracy i tell you!
 JediNyt
09-16-2003, 4:08 PM
Well today is the 16th so I hope it shows up any hour now at my door step! I have to work at 1 :mad: so if I get it today I probably wont get to play it until tonight! :evil3: Ok I gotta calm down, relax, its gonna come soon enough, I dont need to be the first guy to play it, I wont miss anything...ok thats better. :)

*Edit*

HA HA it just showed up! Oh happy day! Just as I finished the post! Oh man, ok its time to play! :D See ya on there! :D
 Cecil
09-16-2003, 5:04 PM
Ships of the 16th, and depending where you live either get it on the 16th, or the 17th.
 Avitor
09-16-2003, 6:09 PM
Just bought my copy, about to open it, at EB Games. There's one on my campus, but they're in every American Mall I've ever been to.
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 3:49 AM
Confirmed, one EBgames near me has the game, the other doesn't.

They seem to be on top of things. ; )
Page: 1 of 1