Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fett in Jedi Academy? *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 1
 crasher316
09-15-2003, 7:28 PM
Hey guys! Im to exited for the games release justa couple days away! Anways straight to the question: I was watching one of the Jedi Academy trailors and I thought I saw Boba Fett. Did you guys see this as well? You think he is a boss?
 Chuahtemoc
09-15-2003, 7:30 PM
its already been proven by independent gaming site reviews. yes, he's in the game, and he might be a boss. hope so!
 BawBag™
09-15-2003, 7:30 PM
Boba Fett?!
Call me a craaaazy @sshole, but did Luke not bushwhack him in ROTJ? :confused:
 crasher316
09-15-2003, 7:32 PM
no he survived
 TIV73
09-15-2003, 7:33 PM
Boba Fett is in the game, i've read it in a Gamestar (german magazine). There were also two pictures of him in it.
 Chuahtemoc
09-15-2003, 7:37 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
Boba Fett?!
Call me a craaaazy @sshole, but did Luke not bushwhack him in ROTJ? :confused:

lol we have a non-star wars fan here... any hardcore fan knows that boba fett survived by putting a blaster bolt in the sarlacc's heart, then Dengar and Kateel of Kuhlvult rescued him. Read the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, you'll understand.
 Sam
09-15-2003, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Chuahtemoc
lol we have a non-star wars fan here... any hardcore fan knows that boba fett survived by putting a blaster bolt in the sarlacc's heart, then Dengar and Kateel of Kuhlvult rescued him. Read the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, you'll understand.

Nerd..............:p

He is only in this game because its based on EU
 BawBag™
09-15-2003, 7:42 PM
lol we have a non-star wars fan here... any hardcore fan.....
No thanks. The movies will do fine. ;)
'Cept those bloody prequels................:eek:

:p
 Kiroth21
09-15-2003, 7:55 PM
just wondering but u spose boba is scared of sabers? after what windu did to his dad that is:jango:
 Chuahtemoc
09-15-2003, 7:57 PM
hes fought jedi before.

hes probably weary about them, but hes also prolly got a grudge against them as well. and at least he knows not to take the fight head on to one , lol.
 TK-8252
09-15-2003, 7:59 PM
This topic has already been discussed here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109274)
 Prime
09-15-2003, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by crasher316
no he survived Like hell he did, rewind the tape! :D
 Andy867
09-15-2003, 8:21 PM
But you forget that according to C3PO, it would take Sarlac to digest Boba and the others 10,000 years. so he had plenty of time to use his rocket pack and blasters to get out.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-15-2003, 8:25 PM
Presumably you won't be able to actually kill him? I mean he's in the EU after the timeframe of the game isn't he? So I guess it'll be a bit like Shadows of the Empire where he gets away :confused:

Or is it just some Mandalorian Armour dude?

B.
 Anakin1607
09-15-2003, 9:16 PM
Lucas personally approved of Fett's return in the EU though (stated on the SW OS). So those that say only Lucas' words count will have to eat crow in this instance. :p
 Darth Talliusc
09-15-2003, 9:21 PM

haha but you as well are wrong! *at least im pretty darn sure, havent read that series in a few months*

it was NOT a blaster shot to the sarlaccs heart but rather a thermal detonator to... to ummmm.... whatever serves as the "center" of the beast. *correct me if im wrong but in consulting with my fellow nerdy sw fans just now we're all pretty sure*
 Kurgan
09-15-2003, 9:54 PM
The EU is contradictory about how Fett "survived" the Sarlacc.

I believe they simply brought him back (for Dark Empire) and then made up excuses later.

I prefer to think that the real Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc (he doesn't have to be digested, he would die from lack of food and water in a few days, that is assuming he didn't die from lack of oxygen or getting chomped by that beak the thing had) and that the "sightings" of him in the rest of the EU are just other people masquarading as him using similar armor.
 t3rr0r
09-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I prefer to think that the real Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc (he doesn't have to be digested, he would die from lack of food and water in a few days, that is assuming he didn't die from lack of oxygen or getting chomped by that beak the thing had) and that the "sightings" of him in the rest of the EU are just other people masquarading as him using similar armor.
or maybe the boba fett that went in the sarlacc wasn't actually him... after all his armour had different colourization, a different model of the same blaster, and he was taken offguard by a blind man with a pole. of course i'm just kidding here, but it is an interesting idea. ;D
 SparedLife
09-15-2003, 10:16 PM
I never understood how that whole 10,000 year digestion system worked. If it takes 10,000 years to digest the food then it can't need to feed much or is there like some kind of holding area where food is prepared for digesting. In any case it seems a bit overkill on the years. Anyway I'd have to agree with the theory that Boba got away, after all he must have survived many more death defying situations in his career.
 Avitor
09-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
Boba Fett?!
Call me a craaaazy @sshole, but did Luke not bushwhack him in ROTJ? :confused: In the EU he's alive. However, I've read that as far as Lucas is concerned Fett is dead. I'd go with the EU on this one and ignore George's hubris.
 Anakin1607
09-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Allow me to reiterate since no one seems to be listening.

Lucas personally approved of Fett's return in the EU (stated on the SW OS).
 Zeenm
09-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Indeed, he approved... However, he himself said that, as far as he is concerned, boba is dead.

Of course, he allowed his use for the EU.

What I mean is, if lucas actually went through his original idea of producing Episodes VII, VIII and IX (not gonna happen), he wouldn't use Boba, since he's dead.

Ah well, I hope you understood what I wanted to say...
 TiBo
09-16-2003, 12:16 AM
Boba Fett is one of the most cliche characters in Star Wars: The masked hardened mercenary with an unknown past. Why dont people bring back more interesting characters instead of Boba Fett? And do it in a realistic way too(not like how they brought back palpatine, i cringe when i read about that storyline)
 Ocean
09-16-2003, 2:29 AM
Boba 10 in AOTC

Wouldnt that make him 40+ in JA?
 wassup
09-16-2003, 2:38 AM
Originally posted by Ocean
Boba 10 in AOTC

Wouldnt that make him 40+ in JA?

Yup. I guess people in the GFFA dont age (physically) as much. Look at Han Solo in NJO, hes 60+ and still kicking ass...or maybe he just kept his body in shape, who knows?
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 2:46 AM
It would probably make him almost 50...

AOTC: 10
Episode 3: 13
ANH: 31+
JA: 46ish

JA, from my understanding, is supposed to take place 14 years AFTER A New Hope. And A New Hope is supposed to take place 18 years after Episode 3. And George Lucas confirmed that Episode 3: Death to Binks ;), takes place 3 years after Attack of the Clones.
 JarJarBinks
09-16-2003, 2:53 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
George Lucas confirmed that Episode 3: Death to Binks ;)

Poor Jarjar :p, did he say how he dies?
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 3:07 AM
No, I just made that title up, but also probably read it somewhere (and got the idea after seeing a copy of Death To Smoochy while picking up some Rolling Rock tonight...) Should be interesting to see if they even show if he dies.
 Archonon
09-16-2003, 3:50 AM
Originally posted by Anakin1607
Allow me to reiterate since no one seems to be listening.

Lucas personally approved of Fett's return in the EU (stated on the SW OS).

Actually, Lucas did say that Fett is dead (I found nothing contradictory from Lucas to those previous statements in the Official SW site but maybe I missed it) and he doesn't really get much involved with what happens in the EU. Though the EU says he's alive, I'll go 100% with Lucas on this and Boba's dead, but you guys can enjoy the EU's version as much as you want I have no problems with that.

If its another Mandalorian I would have preferred it but if it is Fett I hope you can kill him, that would be very satisfying for me (Reading IGN's review though they gave away Fett's encounter so I already know the answer to that). Personally, I never really found what was so great about a schmuck that stood in the background for 5 minutes in ESB and had about 3 lines anyways. Jango, on the other hand I liked much more, he did so much more in AOTC than Boba did in the entire original trilogy anyways, plus I like Jango's suit better but that's just me. :)
 Kazutoyo
09-16-2003, 3:55 AM
One meet Boba Fett as Kyle Katarn in Dark Forces :) Maybe they battle eachother again to settle the score? And one just watch. Or maybe one fight him oneself? Or maybe Boba Fett isn't involved in a battle at all :P
 JarJarBinks
09-16-2003, 4:38 AM
Accually I read in a review...

Boba Fett pops in and out most of the level, eventually once you give him enough of a beat down he flies away. You don't get to kill him I don't think.
 BrodieCadden
09-16-2003, 5:35 AM
SPOILERS

STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED

Highlight:

Boba Fett is an ongoing boss in one of the missions involving weapons caches that need to be exploded. As you try and blow up all seven, he comes perodiocally to challenge you, once you beat him he flies away, rinse and repeat. Finally you face off against him, and he says something like "you're lucky you don't have a bounty on your head Jedi" and flies off. He is really quite a cool fight, I had alot of fun.
 Boba Rhett
09-16-2003, 5:44 AM
How is it that you've already played it, Brodie?
 Astrotoy7
09-16-2003, 8:09 AM
So...it seems fett may(allegedly!) have permeated into JA as well. I think Boba and Jango are cool characters, for the movies especially, but I wasnt keen on the whole EU resurrection deal. (And I'm a **huge** EU fan!)

Basically, I'm sick of the guy. Gimme Kir Kanos(an EU bounty hunter, former imperial guard) anyday ! Plus I had a bad experience with the PS2 game dedicated to Jango, it kept giving me headspins, the camera perspective really bugged my eyes ! And it was a bit of an anticlimax of a game, I exchanged it for Devil May Cry 2 after 5 days :P which was GREAT !

Hope to see Boba in Ep3 in some way though, making him present in 5 out the 6 movies, not bad for a character that initially had perhaps 3 lines in ESB, and none in ANH and ROTJ

"he's no good to me dead" is all I can remember

Ah well, I hope he isn't too much of an impediment, quite frankly if he annoys me too much i'll devmapall godmode his shiny behind

MTFBWYA
 TIV73
09-16-2003, 11:57 AM
I got a scanned picture of Boba:

http://members.aon.at/tiv73/boba.jpg)

The text under the picture means as much as:
With a sniper-rifle we aim at Boba Fett.
 TiBo
09-16-2003, 5:58 PM
They have a nice model for boba in this game.
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 3:20 AM
I'd go with the EU on this one and ignore George's hubris.

Yeah, what does he know.. he just invented the character for crying out loud!

Okay, I know that'll piss off Fett fans, so I'll stop. Really, didn't mean to start anything. I think it's pretty much either way then.. heh
 Volkam
09-17-2003, 1:56 PM
Argh now i am pissed off :D

Well if Boba just lived in the EU version and Lucas prefers him dead then what makes JA a EU GAME?!?!
I am very happy with his return now i dont have to play in mp with that human baby face and homo hair but with a official boba model.

And whats the deal if he is dead or alive it real hurts somebody if he is? Why non boba fans what him dead?! Just eat with his return on Ja and Shut up.
 Andy867
09-17-2003, 2:04 PM
Let's see, could it be the fact that they mention Kyle Katarn who only lives in EU, and the fact that its post-Original Trilogy, and that the series at one point had Mara Jade, who is EU, and Boba living makes it EU... Starting to catch the drift of what makes it EU?
 Astrotoy7
09-17-2003, 2:53 PM
Oh no ! This is turning into a "what is EU" and "what is canon" and "George Lucas said..." argument, like those nuts(me included) have non stop at places like the Force.Net forums, the Fett thread has probably a zillion posts in it by now! Go take it there ! Just a few zillion less than the "Greedo shooting first" thread

It seems like Fett is an inevitability. But he was in DF so its not too out of place for him to be in JA, EU considerations aside.

As for Volkam's comment

I am very happy with his return now i dont have to play in mp with that human baby face and homo hair but with a official boba model.

leave your homophobia in the locker room please.

and Kurgan and co., you should say/do something about comments like that, not just jumpin around whining about warez junkies and scanning box images.
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 3:01 PM
and Kurgan and co., you should say/do something about comments like that, not just jumpin around whining about warez junkies and scanning box images.

The fact is, we can't catch everything everywhere, 24/7, that is why we have our members to report stuff to us.

If you're so concerned about us catching poorly chosen politically incorrect slang terms (that aren't directed at a person, but a fictional character) please use the "report to moderator" form.

Us... whining? LoL.

The "jumping around" part is accurate though, I'm afraid.
 DigitalVapor
09-17-2003, 3:17 PM
I'm glad to see I am not the only person to trade in Bounty Hunter for PS2 and replace it with another game. I traded it in and got Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Bounty Hunter was good but it got tedious, boring and repetative mostly. Also it lacked a 2 player mode which ultimately makes the game quite dull. I will take the awsome graphics, 3D gore and martial arts madness any day. And as for Boba Fett. Who cares if hes alive or dead in the cannon. He is in the game so give him a well deserved saber spanking and get over it. I have someone out picking up my pre-ordered copy from EB Games right now and it should be in my hands within an hour. WOOT!!!! And I already have a reskined Human Male head waiting. I reskinned the blond head with brown hair so he looks more like my character.
 Astrotoy7
09-17-2003, 3:45 PM
The fact is, we can't catch everything everywhere, 24/7, that is why we have our members to report stuff to us.

I realise this, however yourself and Andy had posts immediate above and below his ! :P

As for Volkam, I hope he grows to be a happy, open minded young man one day

enough said, I'm heading back to Chandrila with a sexy twilek and a saberstaff (no puns intended at all !)

*goes back to playing JA demo, wishes he had the full version*

MTFBWYA
 Astrotoy7
09-17-2003, 3:52 PM
BTW Kurgan(if you see this), who is that in your avatar. Sorta looks familiar. Looks like the lovechild of Christopher Walken and "The Rock". Mine is the tragic villain Kuja from Final Fantasy 9, if any of the kids out there are interested......
 BobaFett8765
09-17-2003, 4:18 PM
If he is in the game can we npc spawn him in the DEMO?
 BobaFett8765
09-17-2003, 4:18 PM

:fett:

AHHH!

I double posted sorry!
 ImmolatedYoda
09-17-2003, 6:42 PM
no, since its a DEMO, you cant spawn him in the DEMO.
 TK-8252
09-17-2003, 9:11 PM
Originally posted by BobaFett8765

:fett:

AHHH!

I double posted sorry! You can always go back and delete double posts. :roleyess:
 Volkam
09-25-2003, 5:07 PM
Astrotoy7:

The person on Kurgan avatar is... ...KURGAN!!!
He was the Last immortal that Duncan MacLeod had to defeat in the movie Highlander. Kurgan was evil, mean and a psychopat. He wanted to kill all the immortals so he could reach mortality and read other people minds. At least this was the prize maybe he didnt knew what will hapend to the last immortal :rolleyes: .

Now to your comments:
I cant express that i dont like looking gay? Is there a problem with that?
I am not Homophobic and i have an open mind i have no problem with other ppl sexuality. You are behaving like a big "Bife magalhado depois de ter sido abusado", want you want? You want to look like a serious guy with interesent ideas? Then just behave like one!!
Page: 1 of 1