Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Future of MotF

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
09-06-2003, 9:56 AM
Well, JKA is just around the corner and it's probably time to start talking the possibility of doing a "port" or redo of MotF in JKA.

I'm up for it. But that's assuming that the promised engine fixes have in fact been fixed.

However, I think the mod needs a new name. Too many people found MotF to be too confusing.

In addition, I'd like MotF to be a derivative of OJP (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104564). That way I can add critical game functions to OJP and then use them in MotF.

Thoughts? Comments?
 Emon
09-28-2003, 4:59 PM
What are the fundamentals of MotF? I only played it a little. If my idea for a mod is at all similar to yours, it would be nice to combine them.
 razorace
09-28-2003, 6:53 PM
It's a bit complicated. Try looking around in this forum and see what you find.
 lightofdarkness
10-08-2003, 7:19 PM
I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.:D
 FireFly_87
10-12-2003, 2:17 PM
i think that you should do it similar to RenegadeOfPhunks modification - Movie Battles. In that mod - there is Manual blocking..But the problem is that the mod is a FFA or TFFA mod, and for Saber fantatics, its maybe not the best mod. I hope u'll makeit guys :D

Fire
 razorace
10-12-2003, 4:44 PM
Well, our system is much more complicated than the Movies Battle system. It was a simple clicking affair. Ours involves a more active defensive role by actively controlly which defense moves you take.

I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.

We already have a different system planned. sorry.
 CortoCG
10-12-2003, 5:16 PM
Cool stuff I read here. I would like to know soem more of that in the future Ace, perhaps we could speak about it on IRC.
 razorace
10-12-2003, 5:47 PM
Feel free to just ask here. Then I don't have to type stuff 50 zillion times to answer the "Well, what are the plans for MotF?" question. :)

Actually, I'll create a new thread for this.

Here! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114813)
Page: 1 of 1