Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What will you be doing between now and Sept 17th

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
09-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Before JKII came out, I played through the whole series in order, and then a bit more DF before I got JKII.

This time around I have just finished Dark Forces again, finished JKII again a few weeks ago, and went through JK/MotS again a few months ago.

My personal plans are to work through Neverwinter Nights, which I recently picked up for my Mac. I'll also play the JA demo if it isn't a level from the game, and probably spend less and less time here as the date approaches ... I find I've learned more than I wanted from all of the beta spoilers ...

I'm putting in an 'other' to cover whatever you want to add below ...

Mike
 Prime
09-02-2003, 1:20 PM
I've just finished replaying JO SP using cheats to allow me to use the lightsaber and Force powers from the beginning. So I've had my fill of SP for now. I'll probably start playing MP after a fairly long layoff to get used to playing that kind of game again. But I'll probably get annoyed again at all the whining about gays and lamers, so I'm not sure how long I'll be playing that :)
 PrimoSidone
09-02-2003, 1:42 PM
ill be playing ragnarok online
 txa1265
09-02-2003, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
ill be playing ragnarok online Looks ... errm, cool and cute ?

Is it like an Anime RPG? Never heard of it ... but I'm so out of the RPG loop ... I just started participating on NWN forums and constantly hear WHOOSH as I don't get what is being said ... :)

Mike
 Rassick
09-02-2003, 2:07 PM
Some of us do actually have a life away from the computer. :D I've been working out all summer, and will continue to do so, and tomorrow my college classes start at the University of Delaware....the same day this JA demo is supposedly released. :rolleyes:
 StormHammer
09-02-2003, 3:06 PM
I've got a life too...but I still intend to replay JK and Outcast, if I have the time. I always like to replay the originals before I get a sequel, if I have the time. I do have a few things to do though, so I'll have to see how it goes. ;)
 PrimoSidone
09-02-2003, 3:16 PM
so when u play another game u dont have a life

i just got back from my 1 month vacation
 Pedro The Hutt
09-02-2003, 3:20 PM
I've been playing the Monkey Island games and MotS, might try getting some old LEC titles while I'm at it. Found out about a pack that contains Sam & Max Hit the road , Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and The Dig n.n might just get it to pass the time.
 Prime
09-03-2003, 12:46 AM
I've changed my mind, I'm firing up X-Wing Alliance!! :)
 boinga1
09-03-2003, 1:36 AM
Replaying MOtS and playing some JO MP.
 Taran'atar
09-03-2003, 1:54 AM
I'll be going to school, going to work, hangin' around with people, doing a little reading, etc. However, I assume you mean in terms of video games. Lately I've been playing Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, and a few other games..
 flabajaba2213
09-03-2003, 3:26 AM
yeah, college started 2 weeks ago here at NCSU. I am attending classes, but still playing Battlefield 1942: road to Rome. BTW, ragnarok Online isn't a bad game. I played it for a while, but then I moved on to Battlefield 1942. I still wish that the hunters scarf wasn't pink, and didn't look so "suspect".....

anyway, November. half-life 2. (Homer) Mmmmm...Half-life 2....

Later all
 Darth]-[azard
09-03-2003, 3:44 AM
Not Much, prolly playing the JA and HW2 demos.
 jarek
09-03-2003, 5:13 AM
Playing Soulcalibur 2 on my Xbox.
 GUNNER
09-03-2003, 6:09 AM
Finishing up Unreal 2 and then since the 10th is my wedding anniversary I might do something with the wife...maybe...

:rolleyes:
 Redwing
09-03-2003, 7:08 AM
College work, hopefully playing a bit of MotS again and playing KotOR through a second time on the dark path.

Either that, or I'll get moving on my webcomic. ;) *shrug*

I most likely won't be getting JA the day it's released anyway...
 Tesla
09-03-2003, 7:23 AM
I'll play through JK1 & MOTS, i don't have Dark Forces :(

Or i'll play Neverwinter Nights and try to get far in that, or maybe a bit of Enter The Matrix, and the odd single player game of JK2 of course, and everyones favourite FPS Half Life i'll have a couple trys at the single player mode again :)
 Azrael666
09-03-2003, 8:34 AM
Ill probably mess around some more with Outcast, hopefully make some saberhilts to port over to Academy, maybe a skin or two. If I can find them I may get Darkforces and the original Jedi knight.
 ExcelsioN
09-03-2003, 8:47 AM
Neverwinter Nights is a good game. Thats what I'm playing until JA is released, unless the demo comes out. :)
 [Karl]
09-03-2003, 8:51 AM
Call of Duty demo. If you have'nt already, go download it now.
 Blademaster_109
09-03-2003, 10:14 AM
hey, good topic mike.

i personally will be stuck to my comp either playing the demo if it comes out tommrrow or looking for new info.

mike would you care if i copied ur little sig thing you do after every post?

Yosafe
 txa1265
09-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
hey, good topic mike.
Thanks ... what made me think about it is that I'm *not* playing through the series in order ... but if you had asked me when JA was announced in April I'd have told you I *would* be doing just that ...

mike would you care if i copied ur little sig thing you do after every post?
You mean 'the dopelar effect' ? Absolutely ... but I'd only ask you not use it here, since it is *my* sig. But in general, I don't own intellectual property rights to it or anything ...

Mike
 Blademaster_109
09-03-2003, 7:03 PM
no, i'm talking about how you always spell your name"Mike". instead i want to right my name.

Yosafe
 Andy867
09-03-2003, 8:02 PM
I am going to pray that the Dark Forces mod relinks the demo so that I can play the secret base with the new v1.1 patch and then play Colesseum for Jedi Outcast and then pray for the next 2 weeks to hurry up and get here:) ;)
 txa1265
09-03-2003, 8:07 PM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
no, i'm talking about how you always spell your name"Mike". instead i want to right my name.

Yosafe Most people use a handle ... I always used my actual name in BBS (80's) and Usenet (90's) ... same thing on these web-boards.

I'm really enjoying Neverwinter Nights ... but I'm coming to realize that unless I burn through more vacation time and lock myself in a room that I'll never finish it by the 17th ... oh well, I'll be even more limited in the games I play this fall, as I'm starting to see a burgeoning RPG-er in myself.

I still think JA will be my fave game ever, but see a definite possibility for KOTOR as #2 ...

Mike
 JDKnite188
09-03-2003, 8:56 PM
Since school started, I have been crammed with homework (AP classes are nice but the workload can be redundant). I will have Marching Band also. Basically when Sept. 17 hits I won't see the game until the Saturday after that; there is too much work to do!

On the weekends prior to the 17th, I will spend time editing my JO SP map (I have yet to make plans for conversion to JA) and playing ET. ET is a Q3 based game; it should be able to sufficiently warm me up for JA MP.

I CAN'T WAIT, AHHHHHHH! :explode:

I would have loved to play JK and JK2 again just to get back into the series before the game came out. I should have thought of that earlier . . .
 yolkboy
09-04-2003, 1:42 AM
Just got done playing MOTS. I've played through JO SP enough times that I can skip it. I'm mostly practicing in MP so I'll be somewhat ready for JA. I don't know how I'm going to get it though. I have to find a place to buy all my computer stuff while I'm away at college. Compusa isn't 15 min away now :( Hope to see you all online with JA!
 Swat
09-04-2003, 5:09 AM
I'll be playing the demos of Homeworld 2 and Chrome :)
 Dr_night
09-04-2003, 5:50 AM
i have no life, i willl be going to the demo site every hour, on the hour unless i'm asleep, and when my mom says i'm grounded from the site ( i go back when she isn't looking) i play everquest in between hours to throw her off course.
 Darth]-[azard
09-04-2003, 6:14 AM
Change of my plans, with the release of the HW2 demo, I will be playing that.
 Mauler Mithel
09-04-2003, 1:55 PM
I just got my Rebel Strike demo, so I'll be playin that.
 txa1265
09-04-2003, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by Mauler Mithel
I just got my Rebel Strike demo, so I'll be playin that. Hey cool ... let us know how that is ... I'm interested in that, may force me to buy a 'Cube. I've heard bad things about the foot-combat on a different forum ... but those were 3rd hand rumors ... :rolleyes:

Mike
 WickedClown
09-04-2003, 2:40 PM
Other, and here's the post:

RTCW:ET
D2:LoD
JK2 (some sp, bit fewer mp)
MoH
NOLF2
 Darth]-[azard
09-04-2003, 5:59 PM
well, here is foot combat, it's just awkward and difficult from what I've heard.
Page: 1 of 1