Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Human Male Skin Issues

Page: 1 of 1
 Solarn'Gar
08-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Is it me, or does the human male skin, as we have seen it in the advertisements and websites, look remarkable like Ben Affleck with shorter hair???

I only noticed this when my wife pointed it out in EB games! After looking again at the picture, I do tend to agree with her! hahaha

Personally, as soon as I saw the human male skin, I deceided I needed to re-skin it. Unless of course the customisation options allow me to change it significantly enough. I know I won't use the Kyle Katarn skin. I changed it in JO, and to keep consistancy within my own little world, I'll change it in JA too.

But, this Ben Affleck thing is really freaking me out hahaha If the main villian of JA turns out to look a lot like Matt Damon, I'm calling my shrink...........:rolleyes:
 JDKnite188
08-31-2003, 11:54 PM
I see what you are saying about the resemblance. Maybe a Jedi babe similar to Jennifer Lopez will be with him! dr00l.
 Anakin1607
09-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Nope, don't see it. I guess I'm just not an Afflick fan. :rolleyes:
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-01-2003, 1:27 AM
Originally posted by Solarn'Gar
Is it me, or does the human male skin, as we have seen it in the advertisements and websites, look remarkable like Ben Affleck with shorter hair???

I only noticed this when my wife pointed it out in EB games! After looking again at the picture, I do tend to agree with her! hahaha

Personally, as soon as I saw the human male skin, I deceided I needed to re-skin it. Unless of course the customisation options allow me to change it significantly enough. I know I won't use the Kyle Katarn skin. I changed it in JO, and to keep consistancy within my own little world, I'll change it in JA too.

But, this Ben Affleck thing is really freaking me out hahaha If the main villian of JA turns out to look a lot like Matt Damon, I'm calling my shrink...........:rolleyes:

i see what you meen.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/models/2.jpg)
 Obi-Wan X
09-01-2003, 2:26 AM
I don't see the resemblence personally. I just wished that the male characters didnt look the same with just different hair.
 Crow_Nest
09-01-2003, 7:32 AM
I don't think the head of the human male would be like that in the real game.:D

But he looks like Ben Afflick.
 Kurgan
09-01-2003, 11:31 AM
It's not such a crazy idea... I thought Galak looked like David Hasselhoff when I first saw his model pic on the JK2 official site...
 toms
09-01-2003, 12:22 PM
i can't put my finger on why, but for some reason the human male head looks way WORSE than all the other heads to me...
 Pedro The Hutt
09-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Hopefully we'll have a wider selection of "heads" to choose from, and if not, I'll just go crazy and create "The navigator's head" from Monkey Island 1 for it >.>
 Jedith
09-02-2003, 1:51 AM
The question is not if he looks like Ben Affleck. The question is why isn't there an Asian looking human gender?!
 boinga1
09-02-2003, 2:15 AM
Well, the only way I'd recognize Ben Afflick is wearing sunglasses and a walking stick, or with his face half-covered by a leather suit. :D

But I don't really care anyways! :lol:
 praenuntius
09-02-2003, 3:02 AM
He looks nothing like Affleck, and I myself have been known to draw baseless similarities between people.

I wish there was a face/head customisation screen that lets you manually change the size and shape of facial features. And there should be a nice selection of scars and tattoos you could add as well.

Still, there's not much point doing so I guess since you aren't supposed to be taking too much notice of that in MP.

And you can't even customise your name in SP, so it's not like you can play as yourself, so there's almost no point in having any degree of customisability in character creation.
 JediofVengeance
09-02-2003, 3:16 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X
I don't see the resemblence personally. I just wished that the male characters didnt look the same with just different hair.

Awww, there's only one face for the human/male? And one that will undoubtedly produce heated debates, to boot. :rolleyes:
 Redwing
09-02-2003, 3:49 AM
I really dislike alot of the faces I've seen from JA...incorrect proportions annoy me. ;) Oh well.
 StormHammer
09-02-2003, 9:13 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
I really dislike alot of the faces I've seen from JA...incorrect proportions annoy me. ;) Oh well.

Does this mean that people in the real world with 'incorrect' (to your perception) proportions annoy you? :D ;)

I don't particularly like the human male model head either. I think it's the jaw line that's putting me off. Undoubtedly there will be lots of mods to choose from when people start making their own models. :)
 BigMexican
09-02-2003, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Does this mean that people in the real world with 'incorrect' (to your perception) proportions annoy you? :D ;)

wouldnt they annoy anybody? if they're "incorrect" based on your perception, then that's going to annoy you, by virtue of your own perception being what it is, a means of establishing opinions and ideas about something based on what you can percieve :)
 Pedro The Hutt
09-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by JediofVengeance
Awww, there's only one face for the human/male? And one that will undoubtedly produce heated debates, to boot. :rolleyes:

Well, on the official site in the customisation film of sorts we only see one face with three different haircuts, but hey, it could be that they edited the rest out as if to not spoil everything for us. After all I remember a picture of a Black human male Jedi sporting a haircut not seen in the customisation film on the JA site. So here's hoping.

And I can second Jedith, seeing that even the word Jedi came from Ji'dai, which is a type of play which takes place in fuedal Japan and which features samurai applenty in the play, you would expect more asian looking characters to crop up in the movies and games. But seeing that black people included, we can yet again hope that an asian tone will be possible. And otherwise, let's poke the modders untill they make one for us.
 Jedith
09-02-2003, 7:23 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Well, on the official site in the customisation film of sorts we only see one face with three different haircuts, but hey, it could be that they edited the rest out as if to not spoil everything for us. After all I remember a picture of a Black human male Jedi sporting a haircut not seen in the customisation film on the JA site. So here's hoping.

And I can second Jedith, seeing that even the word Jedi came from Ji'dai, which is a type of play which takes place in fuedal Japan and which features samurai applenty in the play, you would expect more asian looking characters to crop up in the movies and games. But seeing that black people included, we can yet again hope that an asian tone will be possible. And otherwise, let's poke the modders untill they make one for us. Since they just made different skin tones for the characters, they could have like yellowed up the skin tone, slant the eyes in a 60 degree angle and voila, an Asian Jedi! :D
 BloodRiot
09-02-2003, 8:02 PM
Well to be honest i dont find it similar to ben a.

To me it's quite similar to the reborn face in JO... I've find this ever since i saw that same picture posted above.

Redwing: Funny comment (noticing the anime avatar ;p)

Jedith: (out of topic) Your avatar reminds me of something... can you please help me on that? ;p

Well... getting back to character customization... i just hope we have enough to choose from. I wasn't unsatisfied with Morrowind's cahracter customization... if it's in the lines of that.. i'll be pleased.

Cheers.
 yolkboy
09-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Jedith
The question is not if he looks like Ben Affleck. The question is why isn't there an Asian looking human gender?! Since they just made different skin tones for the characters, they could have like yellowed up the skin tone, slant the eyes in a 60 degree angle and voila, an Asian Jedi!
Yeah, good point! I want my asian jedi! I actually don't look anything like the stereotypical asian though. I don't have slanted eyes. Maybe I'm too Americanized. lol! :lol:
 Kurgan
09-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Stereotypes aside, "asian" eyes aren't really "slanted" there is just an extra fold of skin on the eyelid that gives a characteristic appearance (varies of course greatly with ethnicity).

I forget the technical name for it. But yeah, we've seen a lot more than old Ben Affleck the Reborn in other screenshots...
 yolkboy
09-03-2003, 5:54 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Stereotypes aside, "asian" eyes aren't really "slanted" there is just an extra fold of skin on the eyelid that gives a characteristic appearance (varies of course greatly with ethnicity).

I forget the technical name for it. But yeah, we've seen a lot more than old Ben Affleck the Reborn in other screenshots...
Yup, Kurgan got it. Hehe. Thanks for the back up :)
 Redwing
09-03-2003, 6:34 AM
Actually, BloodRiot, even in anime some basic rules are...generally...followed - altered with style of course ;)

If you're going for realism, for one thing, eyes should always be separated from each other by about the width of one eye. Look at pretty much any average person and you'll see that. Now look at the JA head models. ;) (Not all of them, as that doesn't really apply to a Kel-Dor, and the Twi'lek looks fine...) With this in mind, I look at the models and twitch. :D

That said, I would love to see Asian and African-type human models put in the game. Even if they're badly done. ^_~ (Yes, I know we can't have it like SWG, but still! :D)
 Darth]-[azard
09-03-2003, 6:47 AM
Bah, If I can Import a MP model as SP I will, I have this wicked Shadowtrooper skin called Darth Cinerate that I'm going to use.
 BloodRiot
09-03-2003, 9:00 AM
RedWing... yeah I know those rules... I took arts in school and a comic book course as well. I actually like the anime style.. but I have a bit of a USA(Marvel,Image)/European(Raptors fer instance)/Japanese(Several types) Hybrid as my own style.

I usually draw dummies and all sorts of guides to draw.

Yes Indeed Anime style even tho not porportional to the human configuration does follow rules. Even tho you got tons of diferent artists they all stick to most rules and simply stylize with their own personal touch. Kinda differs a bit from the typical America artist that mostly follows either the superhero porportion or the correct porportion or their own idea of porportion and stylize alot as well.

Oh well... to be honest im glad things are this way. Grants alot fo space for personal freedom, criativity and metamorphosis/evolution.

Cheers.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-03-2003, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by BloodRiot

Jedith: (out of topic) Your avatar reminds me of something... can you please help me on that? ;p

My guess is that's J-rocker Gackt.
 BloodRiot
09-04-2003, 8:31 AM
If it is... well then i'm wrong or am associating with something else.. never mind...thx.
 Toa Tahu
09-04-2003, 9:43 AM
What about degrees and Asian eyes?I am an Asian and I don't see any angles in my eyes...anyway let's not fight about it.

Anyway I see a bit of a similarity to Ben Affleck...unfortunately there is no model that looks like J Lo to match up for him currently...maybe there would be in the full version...who knows?
 Obi-Wan X
09-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Im fine as long as skin tone and hair color can be changed. If not then that SUCKS.
 Jedith
09-05-2003, 2:53 AM
Originally posted by BloodRiot

JRock Artist; Gackt. :)
 Crow_Nest
09-05-2003, 6:30 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X
Im fine as long as skin tone and hair color can be changed. If not then that SUCKS.

Hair color? lucasarts never said about hair color.

Only skin color.
 Smugglarn
09-05-2003, 12:09 PM
I guess Mr. Lucas doesn't like Asians. Neither does the developers apparently. :mad:
 boinga1
09-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Or maybe you're making too big an issue out of race...the major focus here is on playing the SPECIES you want to, not creating a character EXACTLY like you. You don't need to blame George Lucas for things his employees do/didn't do.
 Kurgan
09-05-2003, 2:55 PM
 Zhadow
09-05-2003, 3:14 PM
 Jedith
09-05-2003, 6:14 PM
Maybe the developers really liked Daredevil and wanted to see Ben in more action in JA. :D
 lozza_mcsozza
09-26-2003, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I don't particularly like the human male model head either. I think it's the jaw line that's putting me off. Undoubtedly there will be lots of mods to choose from when people start making their own models. :) [/B]

The Human male looks so fake. Imean at least Kyle looks reasonable... why can't they modify the Kyle skin and give that instead. It would look SO much better.

:dsaber::racer::lightning "When races go wrong for a Jedi"
 xpaulzZ57x
09-30-2003, 2:36 AM
just shut up....big deal....ben afflek....now all we need is a JLO skin to go with him now rite??!?!!?........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Lancer
 Buffy
09-30-2003, 3:34 AM
when he become Dark Side ?
that Black male model is coolest for me ... looke real Darkside
but all othere ...still looks nice guy for me ..
sorry Im not Ben's fun but .... is can you someone make
this JK2 model for JA ? I think this Obiwan model is coolest model for me ...
http://www.jedi-knight2.de/skindb/index.php?action=2&skinid=194)

also please someone make
"Colin Farrell" ? he in Movie "S.W.A.T"
http://www.allstarz.org/~colinfarrell/colinswat.html)
I really like him !!
please someone make his skin !
sorry off topic....:amidala:
Page: 1 of 1