Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

one new Screensaver at jedi academy site.

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-26-2003, 1:35 AM
thats right all there is 1 new screensaver in the downloads on the jedi academy site.:)Jedi Academy Site (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/)
 [My Name Here]
08-26-2003, 1:38 AM
Awesome! I needed a new screensaver.
 Tesla
08-26-2003, 1:40 AM
A link would be nice ;)
 Sam
08-26-2003, 2:00 AM
He gave a link tesla.
 taekwondo joe
08-26-2003, 2:03 AM
the screen saver sucks, its so plain, although the light comming from behind the jedi outcast/jedi academy symbol is nice
 StormHammer
08-26-2003, 2:06 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on that JEDI OUTCAST. ;)

Downloading now... :D
 Kurgan
08-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Disappointing to say the least....

But perhaps this is a good thing, maybe they are focusing their creative energies on a cool demo instead! ; )
 txa1265
08-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Disappointing to say the least....

But perhaps this is a good thing, maybe they are focusing their creative energies on a cool demo instead! ; ) Hopefully ... :joy:

It was no worse than the 'logo' screensaver for outcast ... but I'm already back to my 'motivational' screensaver from www.despair.com) ;)

Mike
 Pedro The Hutt
08-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Does that even qualify as a screensaver? If I leave that up long enough I'll have "You will not leave these halls as you entered them" , "Jedi Knight" "Jedi Academy" the copyright nonsense and the Lucasarts logo burnt into my monitor XD
 princessliar
08-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Does that even qualify as a screensaver? If I leave that up long enough I'll have "You will not leave these halls as you entered them" , "Jedi Knight" "Jedi Academy" the copyright nonsense and the Lucasarts logo burnt into my monitor XD

You read my mind! Isn't the purpose of a screensaver to, y'know, save your screen? :confused:
 StormHammer
08-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by princessliar
You read my mind! Isn't the purpose of a screensaver to, y'know, save your screen? :confused:

That's a very good point.

*shakes fist at Lucasarts* :swear:

I've already taken it off... :(
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 2:16 PM
Originally posted by princessliar
You read my mind! Isn't the purpose of a screensaver to, y'know, save your screen? :confused: That is so 90's :rolleyes:

Screensavers are an unnecessary expression of your coolness ... especially if you have a flat panel ...

Mike
 Sivy
08-28-2003, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
That is so 90's :rolleyes:

Screensavers are an unnecessary expression of your coolness ... especially if you have a flat panel ...

Mike

word

:cool:

yeah monitors don't burn like they used to :)
 princessliar
08-29-2003, 6:00 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
That is so 90's :rolleyes:

Mike

Yeah, well... it's the principle of the thing! :p
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-30-2003, 8:25 AM
true.:D
 Kurgan
08-30-2003, 9:40 AM
There's other reasons to have screensavers other than coolness or an "old fashioned" monitor.

There's privacy (like a boss key almost, although obviously the password feature isn't perfect).
 txa1265
08-30-2003, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
There's other reasons to have screensavers other than coolness or an "old fashioned" monitor.

There's privacy (like a boss key almost, although obviously the password feature isn't perfect). Oh I know all of that ... I remember having After Dark on a Mac back before it was even made for Windows ... now I use the built-in screensavers with password protection as securitty (plus auto-logoff ... sad)

I was just being 'cheeky' (in deference to the Brits here ;) )

Mike
Page: 1 of 1