Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What will you do First?

Page: 1 of 1
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-25-2003, 1:28 AM
Personally, I'll finish SP before going online. Then I'll change my name and lame in MP till the cows come home :)
 SeanTB123
08-25-2003, 1:49 AM
I usually play single player until I get the learning curve down, then tackle MP, while alternating back and forth.
 Grets Sirob
08-25-2003, 1:49 AM
I'm probably going to be doing a combination of those.
First off, I'll start by going through the SP game with a Dark Sider with two green lightsabers.
Then, I'll alternate between SP and MP while playing a Light Sider with a blue saber staff.
Then I'll do another SP game with a single lightsaber, and whatever path I like best.

But, technically, I'm starting with SP. :)
 QuikSilver2889
08-25-2003, 2:19 AM
I usually play multiplayer and if my internet goes down, that is teh time i play SP.
 Kurgan
08-25-2003, 3:42 AM
MP definately (although a few bot matches to get the hang of it before I "really" go online).

I'll skim the manual while installing of course, and maybe load up the opening cutscene, but SP will get sadly neglected until I've had a chance to familiarize myself with MP.

I'll also have to be careful about spoilers on the forums for the reason of delaying SP. heh
 Tesla
08-25-2003, 3:47 AM
Well first i will buy the game, then fire up SP and check out the single sabers new adjustments Raven have made to it, then i'll try some offline multiplayer with some bots to get the feel of it, though i believe they will be like the JO ones expect alot smarter. then i will go between SP & MP. :)
 mariners2001
08-25-2003, 5:46 AM
Originally posted by Tesla
then i'll try some offline multiplayer with some bots to get the feel of it, though i believe they will be like the JO ones expect alot smarter.

Yeah. That reminds me....I really hope multiplayer bots are 100% better than JO. They always frustrated the hell out of me. Why can't they just make them like SP NPC's. And every map should automatically have bot support. No more jumping around like a mad-man.
 Kurgan
08-25-2003, 7:16 AM
Well the "jumpy" bots was due to lack of information on the bot pathing on the part of fan map makers...

All of the Raven created maps had bots that were fully functional in the levels they were designed for.

With the engines being so similar and the bot pathing knowledge well understood by most of the mapping community, we should see less of that in JA.
 txa1265
08-25-2003, 7:43 AM
I voted 'Single Player Only', as my play-level will be so dominated by SP that it is a close enough approximation.

Assuming I enjoy SP as much as I believe I will, I'll likely play through at least 3 times before hitting MP - once using human male, blue saber, light side, then with a Zabrak female lightside, then Kel-Dor or Rodian darkside , then who knows ... maybe HL2 or KoToR will be out ...

I'll get to MP eventually, but it will be occasional small servings ...

Mike
 [My Name Here]
08-25-2003, 7:52 AM
I'll play it on single player until I get stuck or my friends get it, then I'll play online. But mainly I'll be playing single player.
 The Cheat
08-25-2003, 9:03 AM
yeah i will learn the game in single player and once i have it figured out i will start playing multiplayer also and check out the new siege mode
 Mex
08-25-2003, 9:55 AM
I'm going to go to try Mp for a few minutes to check it out and then do a bit of Sp.. So a bit varied.

:D
 SettingShadow
08-25-2003, 9:58 AM
I will play through Single Player first with a Rodian, light side, blue saber then I jump to Multi Player. Then after a while I propably play through SP again, with everything different.
 boinga1
08-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Mostly SP, for a while...but I will probably do a little MP to try Siege and Power Duel, etc.
 JDKnite188
08-25-2003, 9:41 PM
I will start with an SP game, but I will play MP in the same time frame to get used to the maps.
 Neverhoodian
08-25-2003, 10:04 PM
I'll play through SP a few times first to try out all the new features, (e.g. characters, sabers, Force powers) then I'll give MP a shot.
 Obi-Wan X
08-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Single Player....why?

SPOILERS....thats why ( slight JO spoilers below).

Person 2: " LOL THE BOSS WAS EASY FOR ME"

Me: " Er...guys"

Person 2: " OMG LOL DESANN KILED JAN AND SHE WASNT REALLY DEAD OMG LOL! O MG LOLZ."

Person : " Lando suxed!"

Me: " NOOOOO"

Not to mention I prefer to actually play the singleplayer before multiplayer.
 Blademaster_109
08-25-2003, 11:07 PM
I will defently play mp before i chose which saber i will want.
 StormHammer
08-25-2003, 11:22 PM
I'll definitely be starting SP first. I may check out a couple of MP maps and have a bot match or two along the way, but my focus will primarily be on SP before I dedicate a lot of time to MP. ;)
 ImmolatedYoda
08-26-2003, 12:51 AM
SP > MP.
 Prime
08-26-2003, 12:51 AM
I'll definitely start out with SP, as that is where the draw of the game is for me. But I'm sure I will get sucked into MP before I finish off SP. I find that playing a bit of both prevents me from getting tired of one or the other...
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-26-2003, 1:07 AM
single player first then single player again then multiplayer.:D then after that single player again. :)
 praenuntius
08-26-2003, 5:15 AM
I voted SP only, since I'll almost never play against human opponents. I have a hopeless net connection, and I don't know many people with computers in my dormitory.
If I ever play MP it'll be with bots.
SP Darkside Lightstaff, SP Lightside Dual Sabers, SP cheats.
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-27-2003, 12:26 AM
wow. Its been what.... one day since I started this? And a whole twenty-two replies. And my WIP thread, which started about a month ago, has a total of ZERO. (the link is in my sig)

Anyway, back on subject. Yeah, I think when I play SP for the first time I'll do Rodian or male human, darkside, lightstaff, purple saber. Yeah.....
 .:Silver:.
08-27-2003, 2:04 AM
It all depends on how much it plays like Outcast. If there are a lot of new moves that I must learn, then I might stick to SP; otherwise, I'll be looking for the biggest, toughest bully on the block.
 Crow_Nest
08-28-2003, 10:29 AM
I'll play and complete SP first then play MP. You know, to like get use to the game first.:)
 BobaFett123456
09-01-2003, 2:01 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

Person 2: " LOL THE BOSS WAS EASY FOR ME"

Me: " Er...guys"

Person 2: " OMG LOL DESANN KILED JAN AND SHE WASNT REALLY DEAD OMG LOL! O MG LOLZ."

Person : " Lando suxed!"

Me: " NOOOOO"

:fett: Same with me!!!!!! But I'll play sp till' I get stuck or bored ,then play mp with bots till' I get VERY good at the game then I'll move onto peaple mp and accasionally go to bot mp to practise and sp pretty offten so I'll be all but mostly mp.:) :fett:
 BobaFett123456
09-01-2003, 2:02 AM
:fett: :) Yes I do like to type "til'":fett:
Page: 1 of 1