Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will you still play Jedi Outcast?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Cheat
08-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Will you still play Jedi Outcast when Jedi Academy comes out?

I don't think i will because all of the things I downloaded for Jedi Outcast (other then mods) will work in Jedi Academy
 Emon
08-24-2003, 10:41 PM
It's not likely that I will.
 Reclaimer
08-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Maybe once in a while but mostly no.
 Emon
08-24-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm sure I'll play the singleplayer again sometime, or any user made maps that don't get ported. JA looks to be the game JO should have been.
 The Count
08-24-2003, 10:45 PM
You might be able to load up the Outcast SP maps in Academy, however don't take my word for that; imagine blowing up the Doomgiver with a Saberstaff.

I have the game on Gamecube aswell (yes I am that sad!) so yeah I probably will.
 Reclaimer
08-24-2003, 10:48 PM
I got the gamecube too but also the PC version.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by The Count

I have the game on Gamecube aswell (yes I am that sad!) so yeah I probably will.

Is there a point in having both the gamecube version and PC version? Is there something different?
 StormHammer
08-25-2003, 12:31 AM
I voted 'yes', because I will still fire up the SP game now and then. And perhaps have some MP games on occasion for 'old times' sake. ;) Good games are never really allowed to die on my computer.
 Sargasso
08-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Hell no. I stopped playing outcast long ago... the game JO should have been? Yes, I agree, that should be its party line.
 Blademaster_109
08-25-2003, 12:43 AM
i don't even play it, i lost it.
 Miko Reglia
08-25-2003, 12:45 AM
heh, yeah i think once JA comes out, JK2 will be off my computer to save some hd space, since i dont have the biggest hard drive around:(
 txa1265
08-25-2003, 1:33 AM
SP of Jedi Outcast will likely become my 2nd fave game, and will get the treatment my current 2nd fave (Jedi Knight 1) gets now ... I play it once a year whether I need to or not ;)

My play-time for JKII will definitely diminish - assuming JA meets my very high expectations - only because I'll fill my play-hours with other types of games. Things like HL2, DX:IW and KOTOR will all likely get more playtime for me between now and the new year.

Mike
 boinga1
08-25-2003, 1:34 AM
Probably...maybe. Not alot. Like I've benn playing a little JK recently, so...every once in a while, I'm sure I'll fire it up, play as Kyle...kick Desann's butt on my 25th try...you know. :p

But mostly JA. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 Cnt. Dooku
08-25-2003, 2:01 AM
Probably not. I've played the SP missions to death, and the MP for Jedi Academy looks to be more impressive than it's predecessor's. I might play through it again before JA is released, and perhaps a time or two in the distant future after that, but it will no longer be a regular.
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-25-2003, 2:10 AM
First off, I voted 'yes'.

No, it certainly won't be as popular to me as it is now. I don't think I'll do much more outcast MP, but the good ol' SP missions will be fun once in awhile, especially all the new ones like Colloseum, Occupation 2 and Project Lighthouse. There'll also be the SP maps that are in production now and will be released 'for JA', I'll prolly play 'em on Outcast, as they were originally meant to be.
 ImmolatedYoda
08-25-2003, 2:15 AM
if: the entirety of Jedi Outcast single-player is available in Jedi Academy with all of JAs additions and improvements, then yes, ill "play" JO ;). that said, if its not available/possible, then i may still play JO SP every once in a while....i have so many games on my computer, even though i dont play half of them anymore...JK, Mots, Quake3, dont play Max Payne or those LEGO games much...but i have enough HD space to keep em all.
 Grets Sirob
08-25-2003, 2:54 AM
Most likely for at least a few months after the release.
Because some of the people in my clan won't be able to get JA right away, so I'll play with them a bit.
Personally, I thought the SP in JK2 wasn't that good.
I guess I just need to have the alternate endings. :)
*Remembers the good ole' days of JK SP...*

JA should be great though. :)
 Kurgan
08-25-2003, 4:10 AM
If I get the urge to play some CTY, Holocron or Jedi Master, you can bet I will.

Otherwise, playing parts of single player for nostalgia purposes, or loading up some user made mods would be good reasons to draw out JK2.

From the sounds of it, Jedi Academy is going to add a lot of stuff (building on Outcast's foundation), but perhaps it will be different enough, that I will still want to play JK2 on occasion for the sake of variety.

For example, JK1, MotS, and JK2 were all very different in multiplayer, each having their own unique "feel" and options, so there was still reason to play them even with the technical improvements of each new game.

With the recently discovered console commands, many of the flaws I thought JK2 had are in fact things that can be easily remedied (like the saber damage in CTF).

This is all of course assuming that the good maps and skins will all be ported over successfully to JA...

Is there a point in having both the gamecube version and PC version? Is there something different?

Not unless you really like to play Split Screen 2 player on your family TV screen.... (while using a game controller).
 Tesla
08-25-2003, 4:16 AM
I vote Yes. :)

You've got to remember if it wasn't for the sucess of JO, JA wouldn't be a popular..well maybe it would off but anyway i love the SP in JK2 and Desann is one bad-ass baddie :p

And silicing of his lizard head for the first time was a true gaming moment i will remember for a long time to come! :D
*slashs Desann again*
 txa1265
08-25-2003, 8:51 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
If I get the urge to play some CTY, Holocron or Jedi Master, you can bet I will. The sad thing is that those - especially Jedi Master - were my two favorite MP modes. Why - straight, frenetic action. No worries - saber down = death! Jedi Master is a nice FFA variation - all guns until you kill the master, then saber & force. Ah well ...

Mike
 [My Name Here]
08-25-2003, 8:55 AM
I might play JO every once in a while, but unless JA sucks (and it better not!) I doubt JO will be coming out of the CD case much after September 17.
 The Count
08-28-2003, 12:45 PM
I got the Gamecube version because at that moment I didn't have a PC and I had completed allthe games I had for my Gamecube, so I thought why not get my favourite game of all time? :)
 TiBo
08-28-2003, 12:56 PM
I might play JO with my friends for old times sake, but ill mostly be playing JA.
 PrimoSidone
08-28-2003, 1:22 PM
i stoped playing jo for like 1 year ago... i am hungry for ja now
 Prime
08-28-2003, 3:49 PM
Since it has been stated that the custom JO models should work right away with JA, and many of the maps can be transferred, I can't see me playing any JO after JA comes out.

Can't wait for this game! :)
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Since it has been stated that the custom JO models should work right away with JA, and many of the maps can be transferred, I can't see me playing any JO after JA comes out.

Can't wait for this game! :)

[MP] I assume the few stragglers I occasionally meet at Jedi Master and Holo FFA servers will be gone, and with it the only reason to play JO for MP.

[SP] as I said, like JK & MotS & DF, I'll continue to play this once in a while ... I don't think my (assumed) love of JA will diminish my love of JKII.

Mike
 Master William
08-28-2003, 4:32 PM
Whoa, the maps and models/skins from JK2 are compatible with JA? Man, that's COOL! This could be used to save time... I will transfer many maps to JA as soon as I get it hehe...

And no, I won't play JK2 anymore, because I already stopped doing that anyways. :yodac: :smilsab
 Prime
08-28-2003, 5:01 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I don't think my (assumed) love of JA will diminish my love of JKII. Even though I'll likely not be playing JO after JA comes out, by no means will my love for JO be diminished! :D
 |GG|Carl
08-28-2003, 6:54 PM
I'll start play JA instead of JO, if it's any good:)
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|
I'll start play JA instead of JO, if it's any good:) Here's my rough scoring criteria ... if I play Jedi Outcast between Sept 17th and the end of 2003 ... Jedi Academy is a failure ;)

Mike
 StormHammer
08-29-2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
[MP] I assume the few stragglers I occasionally meet at Jedi Master and Holo FFA servers will be gone, and with it the only reason to play JO for MP.

Mike

Well, for the MP modes you like, there is always the possibility of setting up a weekly/monthly 'meet' with like-minded players, to have a couple of matches. ;)

I tried out all of the MP modes in JO, and I liked most of them, so I too will fire it up now and again to try out the MP modes you mention. :)
 Khier
08-30-2003, 9:05 AM
Most likely no. I don't see too much point, even if for nostalgic purposes, JA will/should be JO, but simply much much better with a ton of new features and (presumably) cool new game modes. Hmmmmmmm now that I think of it.....I might play JO SP just so I can spawn a bunch of the NPCs I made and watch 'em fight heh :).

Btw does anyone know if it would be possible to import custom created models from JO into JA SP, if so does that mean we could customize the character like the other species originally included? I think it would be great if you could, I'd fire up a male Zabrak model as soon as possible :p.
 Kurgan
08-30-2003, 9:42 AM
You just watch, there will be people who will complain about the "cheapness" and "lameness" of (fill in name of new Force power or weapon or move here) and go back to JK2 in protest.

Sort of like how some people disowned 1.04 and went back to 1.02. ; )

Place bets now...
 Sabre9
08-30-2003, 1:47 PM
Play Outcast? Well... kinda. But why play 1.04 Outcast when 1.05 is coming out on the 17th? ;)
 Darth Kaan
08-31-2003, 1:52 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
You just watch, there will be people who will complain about the "cheapness" and "lameness" of (fill in name of new Force power or weapon or move here) and go back to JK2 in protest.

Sort of like how some people disowned 1.04 and went back to 1.02. ; )

Place bets now...

There is no doubt that there will be whining about spammed moves... and certain stances...and force powers...and....LOL.

I can't take that bet Kurgan because I know your right.
 Obi-Wan X
08-31-2003, 2:30 AM
I'll play it once every blue moon ;)

I'm already planning on doing what I always do before a new Dark Forces/Jedi knight game comes out. I'll play all of the previous games just before the new game comes out. Which means ive go a lot of gaming to do : )

Dark Forces, Followed by JK, followed by MotS, followed by JK2 :eek: :) :D

But ill probably get bored when I start to play JO single player again. The beginning really bores me sometimes. I love the fact that JA focuses more so on lightsaber combat.
 Javva the Hutt
08-31-2003, 5:45 AM
If JA is as good as I hope it will be...whats the point in playing JO?
Of course thats just my wishful opinion.
Page: 1 of 1