Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which side will you play on?

Page: 1 of 2
 Crow_Nest
08-11-2003, 11:14 AM
I just wanted to know which side of the force will you play on in Jk3, Dark side or light side.

I think i'll play as dark side. MUAHAHAHAHA!!
 oasisfan
08-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Yah I think I will too, I wonder if any of the Academy teachers will go like Yoda in EP1: Grave danger I sense in your future

Muhahaha ;)
 BawBag™
08-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Well, not to be too pernickity, but i'll play as both. ;)
Cos' I believe there will be different endings/levels for each side.
But if you mean my preference, I would say darkside. :evil1:
 The Cheat
08-11-2003, 11:45 AM
yeah i will probably try both to see the difference but when i play it multiple times i will probably choose dark side
 Reclaimer
08-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Dark Side and what if a taunt was"I finf your lack of faith disturbing" That would be cool!
 SettingShadow
08-11-2003, 12:39 PM
I guess I'll be the first one to go Light then. :D Although I will play it dark later on.
 Crow_Nest
08-11-2003, 12:52 PM
It would be better if i could use both dark and light powers. Like jk2.
 Matt-Liell
08-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by crow_nest
It would be better if i could use both dark and light powers. Like jk2.

Ya but I find this way better because you have the satisfaction of actually being a Sith Lord!;) I think I'm gonna play as dark first then light.
 HaruGlory89
08-11-2003, 1:35 PM
Is it possible to play in between the paths like in JO? If you can then that's my choice. Otherwise, I'll use the light side, I'm more of a defensive guy.
 Prime
08-11-2003, 1:46 PM
I'll be playing the Light Side the first time and Dark Side the second most likely. As for MP I'll have to wait and see what the balance issues are...
 Aeroshift
08-11-2003, 4:36 PM
[Andy867's Note: Info removed from possibility of leaked beta. Consider yourself warned. ]
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-11-2003, 6:05 PM
i am going to play the light side. but if i am in a bad mood i am going to play the dark side.
 Neverhoodian
08-11-2003, 6:26 PM
I'll probably play JA the same way I played JK. I'll play Light side first, just to see the "good" ending. (after all, that's how most of the movies end ;) ) Then I'll take a walk down the Dark side and fufill my urge to be a lord of evil. :evil2: :vadar:
 boinga1
08-11-2003, 6:38 PM
Whatever. Light probably, but I'll grab some Grip or Lightning for the extra offense.
 Shotokan
08-11-2003, 8:31 PM
I'm gonna play as a Light Jedi first... Then after I beat the game I'll "fall" to the Dark Side or whatever.
 Kurgan
08-11-2003, 8:41 PM
I haven't decided. I will eventually do both of course, but not sure which one I do first.

Playing Lightside first would make Dark Side that much more fun though I would think. =)

I have been waiting a long time for a DS game though, so I might be tempted to play that first!
 FK | unnamed
08-11-2003, 9:05 PM
umm stupid question but I've never finished any of the SP games (JK1 or JK2) so I have to ask.

Does light/dark make a difference story wise?

Like multiple endings and such, or is it just you get different powers based on if you kill pedestrians or not?

JA single player actually looks pretty cool and I’m going to give it a try, I just wanted to know if it’s going to be worth playing as a light/dark twice to see different endings and such.
 GC256
08-11-2003, 9:46 PM
Well in JK2 (never played the first JK) you can use dark and light force powers, so the ending was the same. I'm not completely sure, but anyone who has played SP more than twice (not me) would be able to tell you.

I think I'm going to do light first, then dark on my second time through. There should be different endings, I can't think of anything in any interview that said it, but I thought it would be a given.
 Obi-Wan X
08-11-2003, 11:46 PM
Ive played JK SP 3 times and i've gotten the same ending each time. There really isn't anything that would make you turn to the darkside in JK2. Killing stormies once you've taken their weapons? Er....no, JO didn't include this. And killing droids doesn't help either.

Regarding JA, i'm tempted to go the darkside route first, but I believe the "true" ending will be the light ending ( like JK1).So i'll beat that first, then followed by darkside.

Light Side : Female : Twilek

Dark Side: Male : Human
 Dilandau-Sama
08-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Dark Side. I want to kill the innocent. :cowdance
 Gabrobot
08-12-2003, 6:12 AM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
umm stupid question but I've never finished any of the SP games (JK1 or JK2) so I have to ask.

Does light/dark make a difference story wise?

Like multiple endings and such, or is it just you get different powers based on if you kill pedestrians or not?

JA single player actually looks pretty cool and I’m going to give it a try, I just wanted to know if it’s going to be worth playing as a light/dark twice to see different endings and such.

In Jedi Knight II you couldn't decide to be on the light or dark side...you were sort of in between until the end when Kyle turned more lightish.

In Jedi Knight I, if you killed unarmed NPCs like droids and pedestrians, it would cause a light/dark bar to move right or left...left being light, right being dark. Once you could choose light and dark powers, choosing light powers would move towards the light side and choosing dark powers moved to the dark side. Very shortly after you could select light/dark powers, the game would reach the branching point where you'd go one way or the other...if you were on the light (left) side of the light/dark bar, then you would go to the light side and could only select light side powers (even if you had selected a dark side power...it would just take those points off)...if you were on the dark (right) side of the light/dark bar, then you'd go to the dark side and you could only select dark side powers. There were two different endings as well...you'd fight different Dark Jedi at a certain level depending on the path you chose and if you went to the dark side, Kyle would at one point kill Jan and at the end of the game you'd see a fairly long cutscene that was pretty cool. If you went to the light side, Jan would live and the ending cutscene would be completely different...it wouldn't be as long and not so evilly cool either. ;)

I've heard that Jedi Academy will just have a certain point where you have to make the choice of either the light side or the dark side...no light/dark bar. It was just something I read in a Raven interview and it didn't go into much detail so I may be wrong.
 Crow_Nest
08-12-2003, 6:12 AM
Dark Side. I want to kill the innocent

Thats a good reason.:D:p
 Kurgan
08-15-2003, 1:17 AM
Yeah, JK1 has been the only game so far to let you choose DarkSide or LightSide. The levels were slightly different, as well as having different cutscenes (including a different ending), but it only affected the latter half of the game really (though you could start playing whichever way you wanted early on).

IIRC, you got "light side points" by rescuing certain NPC's before they got killed by enemies, and you got "dark side points" by killing pedestrians. Killing droids incurred no penalty, but if you killed WeeGee, the family Droid, something really cool happens (just try it and you'll see).

However, what really affects your going to one side or the other is your choice of powers (picking a dark side power pushes you a lot farther than killing civies for example). Though if you "stay true" to one side up to the point of change, you could earn special bonus powers unavailable to your normally (Protection: Light, Deadly Sight: Dark).

It sounds to me like the choice in JA will basically be based on what powers you choose, which could be odd if you went around killing every civilian you saw, but chose lightside powers, so I'm not sure how they'll handle that (maybe they'll just say "mission failed" if you kill anybody, unless you choose darkside?). What would be cool is if they did it somewhat like how it was done in TPM the game... have everybody scared of you or gang up on you if you try to kill them earlier. ; )

Or maybe if you do bad stuff, the bad guys respect you and try to recruit you into their group or something... heh
 HaruGlory89
08-15-2003, 1:53 AM
Fine, I guess I'll can't decide yet, but I'll see where it leads me.
 Crow_Nest
08-15-2003, 8:17 AM
I just found out that most people already have the jk3 beta version, someone gave me the website, buts its not in english, so i can't download it.:(
 defalc
08-15-2003, 9:44 AM
Danger, Danger Warez Robinson!

Back on topic, I'm going to be dark. It's much more satisfying. :)
 Crow_Nest
08-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Danger, Danger Warez Robinson!

What did i do?
 Darth Kaan
08-15-2003, 1:27 PM
Definately the Dark Side. Always more fun!

:D
 HaruGlory89
08-15-2003, 1:39 PM
What did i do?

Something on the brink of danger. Don't talk about that or you might get banned or something. Just a friendly warning. I think that this "beta" is illegal.
 BrainStorm
08-15-2003, 3:07 PM
HaruGlory89, I agree with you. I am going to let the game influence how I end up before playing it again with a specific agenda.
 JDKnite188
08-15-2003, 7:59 PM
I will play SP going on the light side the first time. Then when I play the whole SP game again, I will go dark side.
 Chato
08-15-2003, 9:37 PM
all i can tell, light side roxxxx !!!

you can be almost invinsible with light side ! Turn on Force protection , lets bezerk ^^ i love light side more powerfull than the dark one
 boinga1
08-16-2003, 2:54 AM
Just for the record, it's ROXOR not ROXXX. :p :rolleyes:

And also, just for the record, the lightside is not more powerful than the dark side, they are equally powerful. But I don't want to bring up a discussion about that here.

What do you people plan to emphasize? Force Powers or Saber skills (for SP, I mean)? I plan on the sabers, first time.
 Obi-Wan X
08-16-2003, 3:12 AM
Your actually right, I'll let the game influence me as well.

Emphasis on sabers or force? Well, sabers for me. I usually only use neutral powers when fighting a mass of enemies, and I rarely use lightning unless im in trouble and I want a quick end to the battle.
 ImmolatedYoda
08-16-2003, 4:40 AM
okay, i dont really understand this whole thread....i know its possible that JA will have a "choice" between Light or Dark somewhere (which doesnt matter anyway as ill cheat to get all the force powers). but thats assuming that the game will have a point where you have to choose. i mean, if it doesnt, then are you people JUST going to use Dark Rage and Lightning or JUST Persuasion and Protect in single-player? if so, then that seems pretty foolish to me...JO had nothing to do with a choice, it automatically upgraded your force powers, although i see JA as maybe different from this because you can supposedly not max all powers in the course of one game, meaning that you get to choose which powers you focus on....anyway, like i said it wont matter to me, ill just cheat to use all force powers.
 Chato
08-16-2003, 10:16 AM
in fact, you have a choice of all powers as soon as you beggin the game.

You choose what you want (lightning , heal protec and grip for example) but you'll have a choice to do later : choose your side definitly, this will change the end. (not your powers)

While your an apprentice you're "neutral" in fact, Luke and Kyle just critisize your mental when you choose dark or light powers :)

ligth = "you've got a real powerfull mind, let's go on liek this, you'll be a great jedi etc..."
 Crow_Nest
08-16-2003, 2:53 PM
I heard that both light side and dark side will have 2 different endings, so once i finish dark side, i'll play light!:)
 Andy867
09-12-2003, 8:06 AM
I think for the sake of arguement, I will allow the game to kind of INFLUENCE my decision, if there is something that I can do that is kind of apparent I feel necessary to do, even if it takes me to the dark side, I'll do it, if it doesnt take me, then I guess its Light side then... Simple as that.
 OutThere
09-12-2003, 9:57 AM
Right now i'm thinking light side with 1 saber first, then darkside with staff.
 Zod
09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Dark Side
 Iblis Reborn
09-12-2003, 10:12 AM
im gonna be mostly light cause they are the powers i use most but im gonna be mixed untill you have to choose
ill go light first and then ill go dark...then light then dark then light then dark :D

for multiplayer though im a light sider
absorb is a must

btw i dont remember what happens when you will WeeGee in JK1
whats the really kewl thing?
 Crow_Nest
09-12-2003, 11:42 AM
ill go light first and then ill go dark...then light then dark then light then dark

lol.:p

You like absorb? so do i. but lots of ppl dun like it.
 King Jezuz Pie
09-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Well... there's a certain point in the game where you will have to choose between light and dark side, no matter what powers you chose before. As I fought mostly on the dark side in Jk2 MP, I will also choose the dark side the first time I play JA Sp. :D
 16-BIT
09-12-2003, 2:54 PM
Dark first, light second.
 Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2003, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
Well, not to be too pernickity, but i'll play as both. ;)
Cos' I believe there will be different endings/levels for each side.

me too.
I dont have any favority side, since both sides has strengths and weakneses. Hmm, I'm looking forward to playing mp though :D.

-Clemme
 princessliar
09-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Iblis Reborn
btw i dont remember what happens when you will WeeGee in JK1
whats the really kewl thing?

Your hear Rahn say "For you the choice is the dark side".

I'll probably go through as dark first (I love grip!) and then as light.
 Iblis Reborn
09-12-2003, 11:05 PM
thanx princessliar
i guess i never killed him cause i would have remembered that

and crow_nest
yeah absorb is great...it makes ppl have to fight you hand to hand...at least for a while
i like that alot :D
 DarthFreak
09-12-2003, 11:07 PM
There are a lot of darkies here, uh? :o

I'm one too, btw :cool:
 Kenshin[X]
09-12-2003, 11:51 PM
The darkside pwns,I will be both,but go on dark for a while,seeing how many npc kills I can get away with by makeing many save games;I HOPE KYLE KATARAN DIES IN THIS GAME,THAT'D BE TIGHT!HAHAHA DEATH TO JEDI MAINLY LUKE AND KYLE KATARN:d HHAHA JAN=SHOULD DIE AS WELLL!!HAHAHA I HOPE I CAN KILL ALL 3!OR MAYBE JUST JAN/KYLE AND MAKE A GORE/BLOOD MOD TO MAKE IT DISGUSTING AS CRAPAIO!MWAHAHAH!
 HaruGlory89
09-13-2003, 12:01 AM
The darkside pwns,I will be both,but go on dark for a while,seeing how many npc kills I can get away with by makeing many save games;I HOPE KYLE KATARAN DIES IN THIS GAME,THAT'D BE TIGHT!HAHAHA DEATH TO JEDI MAINLY LUKE AND KYLE KATARN:d HHAHA JAN=SHOULD DIE AS WELLL!!HAHAHA I HOPE I CAN KILL ALL 3!OR MAYBE JUST JAN/KYLE AND MAKE A GORE/BLOOD MOD TO MAKE IT DISGUSTING AS CRAPAIO!MWAHAHAH!

Kenshin[X], you sound more like Battousai the Manslayer than good 'ol Himura Kenshin.;)
Page: 1 of 2