Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Honor and jedi academy?

Page: 1 of 5
 Tarus
08-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Just curious if you all think it'll transfer over as it was in Jedi Outcast. Personally I think its a joke.

Ill never bow to someone before a fight. They are a merely an object in the way of my victory and ill dispatch them as quickly as possible.

Few things:
1. In ninja turtles the movie, both of the enemy bow before the fight. The one smacks the other and knocks him flat, "never lower your eyes to ah enemy"

2. Luke puts away his saber and vader, "you are a fool to lower your defenses" and he attacks.

Usually I won't attack while someone bows to me. I play for the fight afterall and a quick cheap kill isn't satisfying. However, there are times when someone will just stand with no saber bowing over and over waitnig for you to bow back. After 30 seconds times up and I attack.

Same goes for those who go afk in a duel, or excessivly type. After a point your going down, others are waiting.

Seems to me, my 'honor' is that I want to play the game and get the round over with to my benefit or loss. I seem to spend more time thinking about the poor people waiting and watching (in 1 on 1 duels) where others thinks its dishonorable.

Hopefully those who are playing the darkside will be less honorable. That way people dont' expect a bow and start cussing when you don't.

Thoughts?
 GC256
08-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Hmm, as I read your post I strongly disagreed until I got to the end. The thing about "people playing on the dark side" made me see another side to the whole "honor" thinig. I'm anti-laming, pro-bowing, and everything else that goes along with that but I really see where you're coming from. The only problem is, most mods (including me) would kick you for laming.

You made some good points though.
 Anakin1607
08-05-2003, 12:00 AM
In Kendo (which I take) all of the bows and such are only slight forward bends. Just enought to show respect to your opponent, but you never bow so low that you take your eyes off him, that's suicide.
 Lach
08-05-2003, 12:00 AM
This isnt a role playing game, however it CAN BE more FUN to have what has become "nick-named" the honor system. On some clan servers I enjoy watching others duels-while still having the option to join in at any time in another fight.
 Lord Glorfindel
08-05-2003, 12:22 AM
I do what the server suggest I do, I mean if I am on a server saying like Honorable or if a person bows before I bow, because you not being a jerk and just bow your head or crouch or whatever, but if the person I am dueling doesn't bow I don't cause I think its a pretty waste of time but nevertheless I abide by the rules of the server I am in
 boinga1
08-05-2003, 12:27 AM
I'll bow when the other guy bows just so we can go ahead and fight. I don't view it in real-life terms of honour, I just see the bow as an obstacle to pass before fighting.
 Obi-Wan X
08-05-2003, 12:59 AM
I do bow when someone bows before me. It shows that they've taken the time to show a short respect for me, and i'll be glad to repay it back to them.

I don't like "owning" an opponent and paying them disrespect after word. I say good fight, no matter how easy or hard it was. But I never initiate the bow.

But I do agree with you on constantly chatting during a duel, or sitting in the corner with saber off, or anything like that. I would cut them down in an instant. I like your way of doing things. You don't HAVE to bow.
 Wesia Daoke
08-05-2003, 1:35 AM
i know wut u mean.

*Bows to Tarus and continues to bow until he does*
*time gets to 28 secs and pulls out lightsaber and cuts Tarus down*
" You're supposed to bow!!!!!"
 Tarus
08-05-2003, 1:49 AM
You'd kick someone from the server for not bowing? Heh

Just to be clear, if I see two people in a duel when its not the game type duel ill usually watch. Im also the type that says if me and you are fighting nad this third guy attacks, we team up and kill him....then continue.

But I still refuse to bow. Im not the light side nor the dark side, I use both *grin* I take the line and dance all around it. While ill respect people dueling...I won't hesitate to kick dirt in your eyes.
 TheBlueFlamingo
08-05-2003, 1:59 AM
For me bowing was always a thing to signal that your ready. Some people like to talk, or ask a question before the dual starts. I never really thought about the whole honor BS. But I've done it when the other person has done it first or its the server's rule. But fr me its always been a signal that the other person is ready to fight, and kick my ass.
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 3:31 AM
I enjoy messing with the bow/honor noobs almost as much as I enjoy playing the game itself.

How some of you people can equate Zen Buddhism like qualities with a friggen video game is beyond me, but watching you type out Caps Lock laden insults and cries of “LAMER!” makes me glad you do.

It’s quite funny riling you “I’m a REAL Jedi!” types up.

"You lamer!", heh say that out loud a few times.

Sounds pretty stupid huh?
 Emon
08-05-2003, 5:07 AM
If they bow, I bow, because I don't want any crap to start. Just makes everyone unhappy.
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 5:17 AM
ehh I see where you are coming from, but someone who gets mad because a person did not "bow" is going to get pissed over pretty much anything that does not go their way.

Besides watching a guy do some long dramatic bow from across the map while I am frying him with level 2 lightning as he bows just makes me giggle.

;)
 Kurgan
08-05-2003, 5:27 AM
I hope not. Hopefully, those obsessed with honor and non-competative gameplay as a Jedi will migrate over to TRUE RPG's such as KOTOR or SWG.

Granted, SWG doesn't have Jedi (yet) and KOTOR won't be coming out for the PC for another 2 months after JA comes out.

So we probably have 2 months of "honor" wannabes in JA. As Samuel L. Jackson says in Jurassic Park "Hold on to your butts...!"

PS: This will also coincidentally be plenty of time for all the whiners and those not serious about the game to declare "The Death of JA" and make a big show of "quitting the community, which is dying." Once that is over with, a golden age of Star Wars gaming should follow... (with luck). ; )
 SettingShadow
08-05-2003, 5:28 AM
I do bow in duels, but I don't expect others to. If they bow too, that's good, if they don't, that's fine too. I mean, don't people have better things to do than whining because someone didn't bow? I also never bows for more than like 2-3 seconds. And I agree that people who bows for like 30 seconds, lowering their heads slowly into the ground gets annoying, I don't kill them though. Most people who bow doesn't get all upset when someone else don't.
 HertogJan
08-05-2003, 6:48 AM
I nod :) But if they don't have any intention to bowing or whatever, I just fight :)

Oh and I find it ridiculous when you're alone on a server with 1 other guy, duelling, and he wants to bow before each duel :mad: I usually say "c'mon were alone here, FIGHT!" and they usually agree :) Otherwise they're going to get chopped :D
 Thazac
08-05-2003, 8:44 AM
I don't expect everyone to bow. Just as others have said they do, I only do it if my opponent does so first. I don't really see bowing as an important thing. There are a few things I however expect everyone to NOT do. If someone does something of this to me revenge is swift and lethal.

Chatkill
Kill someone with saber down
Taunt people verbally (the vocal +taunt is used liberally though "Hey! You there! :))
 Xizor's killer
08-05-2003, 8:45 AM
If a series of dramatic blows and blocks ( like when the gates open in Ep1) occured then I may nod my head and say to myself that young guy/girl has potential. And if they don't I yell 'NOW THAT REALLY POACHES ME EGGS!' and then I'm as dishonourable as a runner up in a contest that he lost in by 1 point
 Luc Solar
08-05-2003, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by Thazac
I don't really see bowing as an important thing. There are a few things I however expect everyone to NOT do.

Do you see? See what you just said: "This 'n that ain't so important but OHMYGOD if you don't do the honourzable 3/1 pirouette before dueling me like everyone must do (according to MY RULES), you will suffer a terrible fate you LAMER!!"

Do you see the problem? You think bowing is not important at all. Others seem to think it's the single most important aspect of the game. See the problem? See why we need to destroy each and every single honour code-idiot when JA comes out?

Chatkill

Why chat in a game? It's not a chat, it's a game. Why chat in a game if you are worried about your score? Why chat if you care about wether or not you die? If you want to chat, go to spectator mode.

On a side note: I don't kill people who have their box up, but that's just me - a nice guy. :rolleyes: However, if you're in my line of fire, you will die. If I start to chat, I obviously don't care about winning the map and have absolutely no reason to start whining about getting killed. If I hide in some dark corner, put my chat box up & go grab a beer and find myself chatkilled when I return...I press mouse1, re-spawn and continue playing. That's like...no biggie. It's a game, yes? I wasn't hurt.

Kill someone with saber down

A) You're going to walk by as the saber-down-guy grips you down the void? You're going to walk by as he tosses a thermal detonator/detpack at you? Perhaps he was mind tricking, waiting to attack, but mind trick wore off or failed?
Why on earth would "saber down" mean he is not hostile??? Where does it say that and/or who is stupid enough to assume that in a DEATHMATCH where the only(!!) objective is to KILL YOUR OPPONENTS TO SCORE POINTS? :confused:

B) Why on earth would anyone put their saber down in a FFA? Why?! They can not score well when unarmed, right (grip-kicks, yeah I know. :D )? How can they protect themselves without a saber? Please give me at least one single reason WHY in god's name anyone with half a brain would walk around a FFA unarmed???

The honour codes must die. JA will not be infected. This I vow. :cool:
 JaledDur
08-05-2003, 3:04 PM
I bow out of habit. On the NF saber ladder I played on back on JK1, most of the players did some bow thing at the beginning of the match. Of course I don't care if you bow or not, thats your business. I cant stand people who just stop in the middle of a duel or FFA and start talking. I will kill players that do that more than a few times. I also can't stand people that do nothing but run away because they don't want to 'die'. Pfft. Its a game, its a FPS, the object is to score points by killing your opponents. I don't get people that think their 'life' in game is worth anything.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 3:37 PM
Haha, I never said I'd kick anyone for not bowing. You guys are making it likes it's such a big thing! Just move your cursor towards the ground, look back up and start swingin'. What's wrong with a little respect in games? It's better than none, in my opinion. And NO I will not move to SWG or KOTOR, I've never even played another Star Wars game besides JO. I barely knew what Star Wars was before Ep. 1, and I'm not that young either. In fact, it's just about the only PC game I've ever played, online or not. I can understand the whole honor thing in an FFA, because the object is to KILL KILL KILL. In a duel though, you could at least bow to show a little respect, even if it means nothing to you.

Before reading this post I was an 'Honor' freak, but I may have been "converted". Ooh,ahh. Usually when I see a "lamer" it's a noob who hasn't played. The only way to see if they have a clue about how to play (outside of dueling) is to follow the rules.
 StormHammer
08-05-2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I hope not. Hopefully, those obsessed with honor and non-competative gameplay as a Jedi will migrate over to TRUE RPG's such as KOTOR or SWG.

Granted, SWG doesn't have Jedi (yet) and KOTOR won't be coming out for the PC for another 2 months after JA comes out.

So we probably have 2 months of "honor" wannabes in JA. As Samuel L. Jackson says in Jurassic Park "Hold on to your butts...!"

I wish I could share your optimism, but I can't. The simple fact is that there is now a 'community' of RPers etc., for Jedi Outcast, and they will probably migrate to Jedi Academy in droves because JA offers even more RPG-lite, like customisable characters and sabers, vehicles, power-duels (for those who want to recreate Duel Of The Fates), etc.

Why should they migrate to an online game that requires them to pay a monthly fee, and most likely doesn't support the kinds of mods these people want to use? The game mechanics are different.

Why should they limit themselves to the SP experience of KOTOR, when they can continue to hold their social meetings online in JO/JA? These people obviously like JO, and like honour codes and emotes, and meeting other people online.

I'll be getting KOTOR myself (I like RPGs)...but it won't stop me playing JA. The only difference is that I want to play JA the way it was designed to be played, and nothing more. I can understand that others want to play it a different way, assisted by mods, and in a way I applaud RPers for managing to take JO in a different direction and making it successful. As I've stated in the past...if they keep to servers that are clearly marked for Roleplaying, I don't have a problem. It's when you join an 'ordinary' server and discover everyone standing around bowing and chatting that it gets annoying.

So I can unfortunately see the situation getting worse, not better.
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 5:55 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on SWG and Jedis... Just like the rest of the game, its probably going to be buggy as hell.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

Respect is earned, not given out like medals at the Special Olympics.

This goes for both real life and in game. Saying that I have to bow to you because it is "honorable" only makes you saber fodder for me. Saying that because you have your saber down makes you uber 1337 and that if you are attacked the server administrator will ban you will only make me hurt you even more. Kissing what you think is a girl but is really a 45 year old balding man who lost his charm gets me a 2 for 1 special.

This is not a chat room, its a First Person Shooter. Sure, it might have differing elements from the mainstays such as UT2Kx and Qx, but that doesn't give an excuse to create a whole system that makes you look like an utter retard.

On this note, if ArtifeX doesn't come back, I'm kickstarting the ASC again. ;)
 HertogJan
08-05-2003, 6:46 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Why chat in a game? It's not a chat, it's a game. Why chat in a game if you are worried about your score? Why chat if you care about wether or not you die? If you want to chat, go to spectator mode.

Dude, the chat symbol isn't only for chat!! It's also when you're changing your config, happens all the time. And why shouldn't people be able to chat safely? Say I wanted to join a clan, so I want to ask someone if I can join. Or I want to know how to do a move....

They didn't incorporate chat (and the chat symbol) for nothing! You could at leats show a little respect for the ppl who need to say something, or change their config. If they don't react for like 15 seconds you can kill them, but allways warn them or something.

And you whole post is very negative and agressive. The ONLY objective is to score points, pfff, get a life, you can own the server and NOT be a jerk at the same time you know :rolleyes: People have these habits, but don't just flame someone to death because they happen to bow, it makes you as bad as all the RPers :rolleyes:
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 7:33 PM
Last time I checked even if a saber passes through your chatting body and kills you, your text will still appear once you press enter.

And if it's not "about just scoring" why the hell would a person get mad over a chat kill?

You were not trying to rack up points, your text will still appear so why get all pissy?

I mean yes, there are occasions where say in a duel server (real duel not ffa "press K" stuff) if a guy says "give me a second" I will give him time to set up his keys or w/e because sometimes even in spec mode you don't get it finished by the time you spawn into a match.

But in a ffa where everyone is running around, if you're not playing and just chatting who gives a **** if someone kills you?
 GC256
08-05-2003, 7:55 PM
What about private messaging then huh? And you're honestly telling me, if someone is in the corner of the room sitting down, saber off, and chat box out (obviously trying to not be noticed for some reason) you will go OUT of your way in the middle of an FFA to kill him?

I'm trying to understand why you have to kill people who are defenseless. Does it make you feel better to get free kills? If you're as good as I'm sure many of you think you are, can't you get kills by fighting people fairly? I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. Why not show what a great dueler you are by being patient, bowing, etc. instead of just running around laming like a noob.

Also, no need for the insults guys. Again, there's no way the game is "intended" to be played. The chatbox is there for a reason, to show you that someone is not ready to fight. I'm sure Raven intended for you not to kill defenseless people, or that wouldn't have been added.
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Dude, the chat symbol isn't only for chat!! It's also when you're changing your config, happens all the time. And why shouldn't people be able to chat safely? Say I wanted to join a clan, so I want to ask someone if I can join. Or I want to know how to do a move....

They didn't incorporate chat (and the chat symbol) for nothing! You could at leats show a little respect for the ppl who need to say something, or change their config. If they don't react for like 15 seconds you can kill them, but allways warn them or something.

And you whole post is very negative and agressive. The ONLY objective is to score points, pfff, get a life, you can own the server and NOT be a jerk at the same time you know :rolleyes: People have these habits, but don't just flame someone to death because they happen to bow, it makes you as bad as all the RPers :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember why Raven threw in the chat symbol, it was along the lines of "OMFG! Ppl r chatkillin! This goes agaist my code! pplz lievs r @ steak!!one11!" that commenced on these boards. It was at that expense, not because Raven thought gratuitously.

If a person was changing his configs, either he should be dead and changing them then, or find perhaps the spot most travelled by and change them there. You don't stop in Counter-Strike, bring down console, change your complete configuration, and bitch when you get shot, now do you? You better not, or I will be sure to do it again.

What about private messaging then huh? And you're honestly telling me, if someone is in the corner of the room sitting down, saber off, and chat box out (obviously trying to not be noticed for some reason) you will go OUT of your way in the middle of an FFA to kill him?

If you're emoting in the middle of an FFA, I know enough about emotes to beat the living hell out of you. A defenseless kill is a defenseless kill.
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 8:39 PM
I don't go out of my way to look for chatting/people in corners to kill.

But I don't go out of my way to avoid them either.

If I'm playing and you are in my way, I'm going to kill you.

I don't care if you are afk, chatting or picking your ass, if I'm in a fight; anything within reach is going to die.

#1 you get in my way and make it a pain in the ass to concentrate on the 3-4 guys flying at me with sabers aimed at my head when I try to evade and I have a pack of solid objects I keep bumping into.

#2 I've learned one too many times that 99.9% of the time that guy w/ the chat box or saber down will attack you from behind the second he thinks you are not paying attention.

Want to watch?

Esc > spec mode works quite well.

And as for this crap:

If you're as good as I'm sure many of you think you are, can't you get kills by fighting people fairly? I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. Why not show what a great dueler you are by being patient, bowing, etc. instead of just running around laming like a noob.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the *best players in this game since day one, have not given a damn about these stupid little rules.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that I have never met one good or hell, even semi good player who followed that saber off = peace/ no chat kill garbage.

I'm going to make a (not so) bold statement here:

If you follow the saber off = peace nonsense, you are a noob.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can come to one of the 3 servers listed below or pm me for a match and prove me wrong.
 boinga1
08-05-2003, 8:43 PM
What's ironic is that RPG'ers (no one here; the one's that go to FFA servers, say "stop gripkicking that's lame" and repeatedly spam LAMER!!!!) talk about bowing as honour and "respect." Yt, they go to other people's servers and do not respect what the people there are doing. They DEMAND, not ask, for No Force duels. They whine and compain about kickers. (Forgive my stereotyping, but...)

What would be nice is if the RPG'ers an the people who DUEL on FFA servers would label clearly their server; [clanname] Duel Server, [playername] RPG Server. The other servers could label them selves; [name] FFA Server. Those Duel/RPG servers could use mods to post rules when you spawn, to say "Duelzz only/no kicking/whatever." And we could all respect the other side's Gameplay and LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE. Honestly, why a hardcore gamer must come to an RPG server and try to really fight, I don't knoe. IT WON'T WORK!

I feel like the people who pleaded for compromise in the US before the Civil War. Futilely begging to keep the community together. :p
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 8:51 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
What's ironic is that RPG'ers (no one here; the one's that go to FFA servers, say "stop gripkicking that's lame" and repeatedly spam LAMER!!!!) talk about bowing as honour and "respect." Yt, they go to other people's servers and do not respect what the people there are doing. They DEMAND, not ask, for No Force duels. They whine and compain about kickers. (Forgive my stereotyping, but...)

exactly.

the thing is, we hardcore gamers types *don't go onto rpg servers and try to force people to play.

oh sure some frisky newbies may stumble on them now and then but the serious "I just want to kill ****" types avoid them like the plague.

Why?

No one is there to play and hence there will be no competition, so no point in even going there.

But the saber off! noobs spread out like a disease and infect any server they go to.
 Tarus
08-05-2003, 8:56 PM
Thing is, bowing doesn't mean your roleplaying. Bowing to your enemy is some type of japanese thing or something, not a jedi thing. A dark jedi, for instance, wouldn't bow...he'd slash you in half in the quickest easiest way and then laugh at you.

Even a light jedi wouldn't necessarily bow.
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 9:00 PM
Originally posted by Tarus
Thing is, bowing doesn't mean your roleplaying. Bowing to your enemy is some type of japanese thing or something, not a jedi thing. A dark jedi, for instance, wouldn't bow...he'd slash you in half in the quickest easiest way and then laugh at you.

Even a light jedi wouldn't necessarily bow.

Oh my, someone applied some true Star Wars logic... It's THE END OF THE WORLD!
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:17 PM
I don't think it's a coincidence that the *best players in this game since day one, have not given a damn about these stupid little rules.
Haha, now that's not an opinion is it? Because I have some fellow "honor code freaks" who would beg to differ, including myself.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that I have never met one good or hell, even semi good player who followed that saber off = peace/ no chat kill garbage.
I'm sure you're being honest, but watch this, I can do the same thing... here goes.

I also think it's a coincidence that I have never met one good or hell, semi good player who (here's the tricky part) followed that noobish attack defenseless players garbage. (Oh! I think I did it!)

If you follow the saber off = peace nonsense, you are a noob.
Hmm, again watch me...

If you follow the attack people who have no chance of putting up a fight nonsense, instead of having duels a match of skills, you are a noob.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can come to one of the 3 servers listed below or pm me for a match and prove me wrong.
Hmm, sounds like a plan.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:22 PM
Oh well, so much for changing my perspective on this. After seeing how ignorant some people are about this, shows something about them, and I can tell that's why they play the way they do. One last question:

When you see a noob playing for the first time (it's pretty obvious), what do they do? Hmm, pretty similiar to what you non-honor people do huh? Just run around swinging at whatever moves right? Makes you look reaaaaaaaal skillful, doesn't it.

. . .

Doesn't it?
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 9:38 PM
Originally posted by GC256
Oh well, so much for changing my perspective on this. After seeing how ignorant some people are about this, shows something about them, and I can tell that's why they play the way they do. One last question:

When you see a noob playing for the first time (it's pretty obvious), what do they do? Hmm, pretty similiar to what you non-honor people do huh? Just run around swinging at whatever moves right? Makes you look reaaaaaaaal skillful, doesn't it.

. . .

Doesn't it?

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me, which mysteriously revolves around to you again.

When a newbie asks for help, I'll gladly give it to him, but there is an obscure difference between newbie and fanboi, something which not only do you a.) fail to identify, but b.) fail to understand.
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 9:43 PM
I'm on right now and so are you, let's set a time and date.

I'll even go a step further, if you don't think you can take me go find the *best saber off!/honor player you can find to represent your ideals.

I will bury you or anyone you bring 10-0 flat.

Arrogant?

Nope, I am that damn good.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:44 PM
When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me, which mysteriously revolves around to you again.

When a newbie asks for help, I'll gladly give it to him, but there is an obscure difference between newbie and fanboi, something which not only do you a.) fail to identify, but b.) fail to understand.

Ouch. That one got me real deep. Hold on while I go cry in my little corner.
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 9:47 PM
Using sarcasm now, are we? You see, I happen to be an idiot when it comes to sarcasm... /sarcasm

I don't know who is more arrogant, uj like you so claim, or yourself.

So please, instead of coming in here and cocking off like you have a constructive comment to make yet gets shot down faster then the Bismarck, shut up.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:49 PM
I'm on right now and so are you, let's set a time and date.

I'll even go a step further, if you don't think you can take me go find the *best saber off!/honor player you can find to represent your ideals.

I will bury you or anyone you bring 10-0 flat.

Arrogant?

Nope, I am that damn good.
Wow, someone is a little full of him/herself (NOT trying to offend, just making sure). I like to let my saber do the talking, thank you very much.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:52 PM
This is totally off topic, I'd love to talk about setting up a match OUTSIDE of this forum.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:55 PM
I'm not insulting, I'm just being defensive, which I have the right to be. You are the one insulting ME, when were you ever involved with this, at all? If you thought I was mentioning you in any of my posts (besides the one where I was actually replying to your nice little comment), I apologize.
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 9:55 PM
Wow, you must feel proud of yourself, you double posted!

UJ, I hope you're not setting up a match with this uber 1337 (read: full of himself) piece of trash that signed up on the forums, which then he thinks he is qualified to call himself pro.
 GC256
08-05-2003, 9:58 PM
Wow, again with the insults huh? When did I ever say I was a pro. Mr. Arrogant here started it with him saying how great he was. Read the previous posts and I'm sure you'll agree. I accept your apology in advance. Thanks a lot. This is my last post on this, and I won't be coming back to it (which I'm sure will get you two quite upset), so don't bother posting.

EDIT: Spelling.
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 9:58 PM
Wow, someone is a little full of him/herself (NOT trying to offend, just making sure). I like to let my saber do the talking, thank you very much.

well considering that I have not only an undefeated ladder/league record, but I’ve never had an opponent score over *4 kills (in league play it’s first player to hit 10 wins, being a full map rotation) I am more than confident in my ability to back up what I talk.

no one is upset, I know I'm not.

Thing is guy, people like Rad and myself catch more bull**** than you could ever imagine from people simply because we *play the game instead of running around pretending to be Jedi.

When people constantly insult us/vote us off servers or try to insinuate that we "are lamers and have no skill" we are very quick to prove to those people just how skilled we really are.
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Wow, again with the insults huh? When did I ever say I was a pro. Mr. Arrogant here started it with him saying how great he was. Read the previous posts and I'm sure you'll agree. I accept your apology in advance. Thanks a lot. This is my last post on this, and I won't be coming back to it (which I'm sure will get you two quite upset), so don't bother posting.

EDIT: Spelling.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
 Obi-Wan X
08-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Heh, while I don't exactly agree with some of the honor code statements, I also don't like whats going on here. An argument can be one without blind insulting.
 boinga1
08-06-2003, 1:07 AM
Dudes! Peace out, dawgs! [/70s]

No need for a flame war here. We've got two very different types of players here, both with ideas that need to be respected. However, most of their ideas do not need to be respected! :p[/joke]

Seriously, just calm down. Deeeeeeep breaths. This is a discussion about the appearance of polygons on a computer screen (bowing or not). This is nor a war between Russia and the United States. Most people do not care if you are "L33T" or not, as long as you contribute positive criticism and affirmation to the discussion.
 HertogJan
08-06-2003, 7:10 AM
Yeah, testosteron is great, wouldn't want to live without it, but it seems like you guys just took a little bit too many of it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 Luc Solar
08-06-2003, 8:26 AM
Some people don't seem to get this:

Just because you don't abide by Jedi Honourz Code #366400, it doesn't mean that you have to act like a jerk online.

That's two completely different things.

BTW - I find it highly amusing that saber off = peace-people call others "noob". Oh the irony! :)

It's exactly as UJ put it: if you live by these silly honour codes, YOU are a noob. Plain and simple.

Think about it for a second - who came up with these codes and why? No-one bows in the movies, so it can't be "Star Wars". Sith are evil, so it would be much more Star Warsy to play cheap.

Star Wars has nothing to do with it.

This is a FPS. A game where you the point is to KILL the opponent. "Defeat you enemies to score points" it says every time you log on to a FFA. That's the game: 1) defeat enemies in order to 2) score points.

Where did this BS come from? It's surely not the game (=Kill, score points.)

It's the *players* who screwed things up. But what kind of players? Who are the people who think certain moves are lame? Who are the people who generally think force is lame but still log on to full force servers? Who are the people who think JO is a virtual chatroom and get pissed off if their jedi dies? Who is stupid enough to kick-vote others off the server for not acting according to *their* Honour Code?

The stupidity of it all is quite puzzling. Are all these people 10 years old or just retarded?

These people can not take losing. They're bad sports. "Honour" is a big fat excuse they use because they can't handle losing. They can't accept that the opponent is simply better. Therefore the winner is always a "cheap lamer with no skill".

Hmm.. I'll rant on later.
 HertogJan
08-06-2003, 9:01 AM
What I think is the worst about this discussion, is that both sides call each other n00bs :rolleyes: You know what a n00b is?? A newbie, someone who doesn't know how to do this and that, who asks "stupid" questions about various things in the game and who usually has a pretty bad score...

If someone knows how to /amsit and how to bind "LAMER!!!111" to a key, he is certainly NOT A N00B!! He might be annoying, arrogant, ignorant, disrespectfull; whatever, but not a n00b...

There are several different kinds of RPers, and I believe some of them DO want to have a good fight, it's just that they enjoy the things they do before and after the fight too... Is that really bad? No!

UNLESS you enforce those rules on a normal FFA server, that's vewy vewy bad, I agree with that. But all you "Anti-RPers" out there, you can't make me believe that you don't go on RP servers too, slashing everyone just because it makes you feel great :rolleyes:

Oh and for the record; I'm not a roleplayer, I 'nod' before a fight if they bow, that's it... But I think anti-RPing sentiments here are as bad as RPers...
Page: 1 of 5