Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Familiar Face *WARNING! SPOILER ALERT!*

Page: 1 of 1
 Neverhoodian
08-02-2003, 7:49 PM
I read on gamespy.com's latest preview that the Reborn return for JA along with some new "Force sensitive" warriors. I'd like to know your opinion on this. Are you pleased? Shocked? Angry? Dissappointed? Personally, I don't mind hacking up Reborn again as long as there are other types of saber opponents to fight as well.
 Thazac
08-02-2003, 7:51 PM
I don't feel disappointed at all. That some reborn survived the onslaught at Yavin is only logical to me.
 Anakin1607
08-02-2003, 7:51 PM
The actual Reborn soldiers return? That's certainly interesting.
 taekwondo joe
08-02-2003, 8:30 PM
yeah there are pics with them
 Tinny
08-02-2003, 8:41 PM
i think the reborns look better than the goofy looking ninja pple :/
 Sam Fisher
08-02-2003, 10:11 PM
That'd be cool, I wonder which ones the'll put in if they do?
 Lach
08-02-2003, 11:53 PM
It only makes sense SOME reborn survived.... do you think every reborn was at yavin 4 during the invasion?
 Neverhoodian
08-03-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Tinny
I think the reborns look better than the goofy looking ninja pple :/
Uh, the Reborn ARE the goofy looking ninja people. You sure you're not thinking of the Shadowtrooper?
 Cosmos Jack
08-03-2003, 12:30 AM
The reborn don't look any different from the guys you see them fighting in the screen shots. I/E the "goofy looking ninja people."

So it's not the same models. It's just part of the story. I don't see any reason why you won't have all the same models in multiplayer as you did in JKO though.
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-03-2003, 12:43 AM
i love the reborns and i am happy they are back.
 The Count
08-04-2003, 6:25 PM
I loved the Reborns although they sounded a little goofy (I think they would have been alot more respectful if they didn't spout off those arrogant remarks, if they were like the Shadowtroopers silent but deadly that would be cool)

However I do wish the Shadwtroopers make a return, I think they were fantastic, the only logical evolution of the Stormtrooper corps.
 taekwondo joe
08-04-2003, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Uh, the Reborn ARE the goofy looking ninja people. You sure you're not thinking of the Shadowtrooper? what? reborn are the yellow hooded guys or green blue red or multi colored ones, not ninja dudes! the ninja dudes are called cultists, so your saying the cultists and reborn are now one?
 Cosmos Jack
08-04-2003, 7:10 PM
Originally posted by taekwondo joe
what? reborn are the yellow hooded guys or green blue red or multi colored ones, not ninja dudes! the ninja dudes are called cultists, so your saying the cultists and reborn are now one? Yes it's just part of the story that they return. Some of them are the cultists. Has anyone actually seen a web shot of them? If so post a link.;)
 JediCrow
08-05-2003, 2:31 AM
I could post a pic of some cultists...
 Cosmos Jack
08-05-2003, 3:04 AM
I ment a screen shot of a reborn in JKA that looks like one from JKO.;)
 Kurgan
08-05-2003, 5:22 AM
It's even more than that...

Some of the Reborn have JOINED the good guys. Just look at those model shots. Need I say more?
 txa1265
08-05-2003, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by JediCrow
I could post a pic of some cultists... I'm sure you could ... I'm sure you could even tell us if the console command for a screenshot was the same ...

Mike
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 3:50 AM
Ah... Now it is sorta coming together :D
 Reclaimer
08-06-2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
It's even more than that...

Some of the Reborn have JOINED the good guys. Just look at those model shots. Need I say more?

Yeah look

In the six Screenshot the Jedi with the Orange Saber face looks like an ex- Reborn. :eek:
 HertogJan
08-07-2003, 7:40 AM
Reclaimer, you mean here??
http://www.gamespy.com/previews/july03/jk3japc/screenshots.shtml)

??

Can't find a Jedi Reborn there :confused: Show me what screen you're talking about :)
 Reclaimer
08-07-2003, 12:58 PM
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?platform=PC&genre=ACTION&image=/previews/july03/jk3japc/13.jpg) (http://)

Here the Jedi with the Orange Saber.

Or if the link doesn't work then go t the Offical site and look at the six Screen shot at the guy with the Orange saber.
 -=DarkZero=-
08-07-2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
i think the reborns look better than the goofy looking ninja pple :/

I think the ninja people look amazing, way better then the reborns did in JO >.>
 taekwondo joe
08-07-2003, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?platform=PC&genre=ACTION&image=/previews/july03/jk3japc/13.jpg) (http://)

Here the Jedi with the Orange Saber.

Or if the link doesn't work then go t the Offical site and look at the six Screen shot at the guy with the Orange saber. what are you talken about, the jedi with the ornge saber is a former reborn??? if you think that your wrong, he is a jedi2 from jo, no reborn here
 HertogJan
08-07-2003, 3:49 PM
But still... the orange saber looks preeeeeetty :)
 yolkboy
08-07-2003, 5:58 PM
I think that it is sort of a combination of the two. The jedi has the look an feel of the jedi in JO but the face seems younger looking like the reborns. :D
 taekwondo joe
08-07-2003, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by yolkboy
I think that it is sort of a combination of the two. The jedi has the look an feel of the jedi in JO but the face seems younger looking like the reborns. :D well he has the look and feel of a jedi from jo, becuase he is a jedi from jo, spawn him with this code npc spawn jedi2 there ya go. he is younger becuae he is an jedi aprentice, he dies faster in battles than jedi and jeditrainer's
 griff38
08-07-2003, 10:49 PM
 taekwondo joe
08-08-2003, 12:16 AM
wow, how many times do i have to say this, it is an npc from jo, read the post above you
 HaruGlory89
08-08-2003, 2:09 AM
Ah, the Reborn. Cool dudes. Didn't like the shadowtroopers 'cause they have no dress sense.
 txa1265
08-08-2003, 2:35 AM
Originally posted by HaruGlory89
Ah, the Reborn. Cool dudes. Didn't like the shadowtroopers 'cause they have no dress sense. Yeah, but they could break out a major can of whoop-a$$ on you ... I love battling those guys - the Reborn are much easier to toast ... they even wear color coded clothes to help you to remember which strategy to use ...

Mike
 griff38
08-08-2003, 2:37 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by HaruGlory89
Ah, the Reborn. Cool dudes. Didn't like the shadowtroopers 'cause they have no dress sense.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by txa1265
Yeah, but they could break out a major can of whoop-a$$ on you ... I love battling those guys - the Reborn are much easier to toast ... they even wear color coded clothes to help you to remember which strategy to use ...

Mike

I agree, the dork with the red sabre in the photo looks like an old Quake reject.

OH GREAT, iam a sith lord now. Being a jedi didn't last long enough.
 Obi-Wan X
08-08-2003, 2:48 AM
To me, it's only logical that Reborns still remain. Though few.

I don't hope i encounter them every five minutes of the game after a certain point (JO), I just hope there is a mission or two concering them. I also hope they have been training as well.

We've been playing JO for a while now, which includes single player and multiplayer. The Reborn were easy before, and its only logical that we'd whipe the floor with them even faster now. Hopefully they've grown much harder ^_^.

But heck, i'll play Neo, throw on a hundred of em if you must....
 griff38
08-08-2003, 2:52 AM
wow, how many times do i have to say this, it is an npc from jo, read the post above you

Wow, how can i say this, i was trying to agree with you. read this post you
 taekwondo joe
08-08-2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by griff38
Wow, how can i say this, i was trying to agree with you. read this post you OH LOL, well the way you wrote it makes me think your not agreeing with me, or kinda of have doubts about what i said
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-10-2003, 8:25 PM
OH LOL, well the way you wrote it makes me think your not agreeing with me, or kinda of have doubts about what i said

lol. maybe he was.:cool: :D
Page: 1 of 1