Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer gone bad! What do u guys think

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
06-24-2003, 6:21 PM
I think its stupid that they are adding classes to ja multiplayer. U don't really need one. I think they should leave it like JO and allow u to customize ur jedi, and if u don't u still have the list to choose from.
 shock ~ unnamed
06-24-2003, 6:37 PM
It’s just for the siege game type. If you don't want class based game play stick with CTF/Duel/FFA.

Personally I think it's cool.
Games like TFC are fun as hell to play.
 StormHammer
06-24-2003, 7:11 PM
Yeah, like shock said, the classes are probably only in the Siege mode. Quite frankly, I welcome any kind of innovation in MP. If they simply recycled JO's MP over and over, what's the point? There has to be something new and fresh and innovative to keep people's interest. Honestly, I wish they would add even more interesting game modes and really mix it up a bit. Of course I like playing FFA, TFFA, CTF, etc., but simply coming up with new maps all the time can get old really fast. That's one of the reasons why I liked playing Unreal Tournament, and now UT2K3, because they keep striving to come up with something new.

But other than new game modes, I think they should be more daring and introduce something fresh into existing game modes. Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, while enjoyable, can seem rather bland at times. I wouldn't mind seeing some class-based play creep into these game modes as well, to be honest. As an option, you understand, so it can be turned off if need be.

The more choice the better.
 Mr.Joshua
06-24-2003, 8:20 PM
Class-based play is ok I guess. I've never gotten into the games that have it. RTCW/ET, BF1942, etc, they're ok, but not my thing. I'm a slice and dice, frag and slag, capping and defending kind of guy.
 The Count
06-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
I think its stupid that they are adding classes to ja multiplayer. U don't really need one. I think they should leave it like JO and allow u to customize ur jedi, and if u don't u still have the list to choose from.

Well it's not stupid they are adding classes for MP, for two reasons;

1. If you don't want it then you don't have to use classes, so therefore it will irrelevant to you, not stupid, they are also keeping the ability to customise your Jedi to an even greater extent.

2. Other people such as myself find this an exciting feature added that gives it greater authority as a FPS game, I personally don't see that as stupid and I don't think other people will either.

You are right though, we don't relly need this feature, however according to that logic we don't really need the Jedi Academy game either.
 Prime
06-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I think its stupid that they are adding classes to ja multiplayer. U don't really need one. I think they should leave it like JO and allow u to customize ur jedi, and if u don't u still have the list to choose from. People may not need it, but it is what people asked for, and Raven delivered.
 txa1265
06-25-2003, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by Prime
People may not need it, but it is what people asked for, and Raven delivered.

These class-based games are the hot thing now, and while I've never been into TFFA or CTF, I'm very likely to try Siege ... it seems intriguing. A StormHammer said ... more choice ... always better.

Mike
 Blademaster_109
06-25-2003, 3:18 PM
y would u need classes in seige mode if ur a veichle.
 txa1265
06-25-2003, 3:27 PM

I'm sorry, I can't understand you. Can you please speak without an entire bag of potato chips in your mouth next time? (or at least using some fragments of the english language?)

;)

Mike
 The Count
06-25-2003, 6:47 PM

This is because... Wait I won't bother you've completely lost the point, I suggest you read the previews properly to understand the concepts.
 Mr.Joshua
06-25-2003, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I'm sorry, I can't understand you. Can you please speak without an entire bag of potato chips in your mouth next time? (or at least using some fragments of the english language?)

;)

Mike

Why not instead of flaming the kid, you inform him how it works? You seem to flame everyone here, keep it up mr statistician, for someone claiming to be in the professional world you act like a 3 year old on here. Wonder why?

To answer the question why you would need a class system is because only certain classes will be able to use the vehicles effectively. IE an engineer can drive the AT-AT or whatever other vehicle is in the Siege mode, while a Trooper mans the guns, or what have you. Adding the classes gives it more depth to strengths and weaknesses and promotes more team oriented play, rather than the usual run & gun of FPS games of the past. I don't particularly like it and I can forsee a siege server being RPG based and giving the RPG newbies more of what they want.
 Haemon
06-25-2003, 11:42 PM
The real question that is itching me is what the classes will be. I mean Fallen is probably on to something with the engineer and trooper but I wonder if it will be like TFC where there is a unique weapon to each class. If that is the case then everyone will probably want to be a "jedi"....... kinda like JO.
 Rad Blackrose
06-25-2003, 11:48 PM
I doubt everyone will be "jedi," and that there will be some definite "jedi killer" type weapons in the game.
 txa1265
06-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Joshua
Why not instead of flaming the kid, you inform him how it works? You seem to flame everyone here, keep it up mr statistician, for someone claiming to be in the professional world you act like a 3 year old on here. Wonder why?

I didn't flame him, I teased him - thus the smiley.

Honestly, I had no idea what he was talking about ... I read it and reread it, and it didn't really make sense. You obviously got the inference that I didn't. However, he has been asked on more than one occasion (not by me, btw) to try to use actual words.

Also, I don't like to think that I flame anyone here. There are some - Sargasso and toms recently - with whom I've had 'heated debates', but I think that toms and I, at least, have agreed to disagree without being disagreeable.

This morning I attacked your post strongly, and that was the first real directt attack I've done. JA is for PC first, XBox next. I *assumed* that context for all posts. I should have asked for your reference before attacking - I apologize.

Mike
 Prime
06-26-2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Joshua
Why not instead of flaming the kid, you inform him how it works? You seem to flame everyone here, keep it up mr statistician, for someone claiming to be in the professional world you act like a 3 year old on here. Wonder why? Actually, from what I've seen Mike tends to be one of the more civil posters around here. His post in the other thread was out of character, and not representative of his normal tone.

And I've come to assume that a post with a smiley at the end should not be taken too seriously :)
 txa1265
06-26-2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Actually, from what I've seen Mike tends to be one of the more civil posters around here. His post in the other thread was out of character, and not representative of his normal tone.

And I've come to assume that a post with a smiley at the end should not be taken too seriously :)

I clearly broke at least 3 of the top 10 email rules on that one, not checking my assumptions or my tone - and I've apologized at least 3 times. I had found the expression 'pulled from a**hole #5' in an Alex and Emma review regarding the ending, and found it amusing. I had also intended to remove the 'liar' title ... it was just harsh.

Mr Joshua has a sensitivity to my occasionally sarcastic tone now that I thumped him. I again apologize for that - we should be able to respectfully disagree ...

Mike
 Emon
06-26-2003, 3:32 PM
With such large maps, I garuntee Jedi will not dominate the game in number of players.
 PrimoSidone
06-26-2003, 4:34 PM
I like it this way, i dont pay 50 bucks for another JO with the same thing.

JO got booring, so i hope this will be cool, toomuch of the same will be booring, blademaster_109. Even to u
 Luc Solar
06-26-2003, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
;)

Awww, come on guys...that was hilarious. :D It was even softened with a " ;) ".

Oh well, I thought it was funny as hell...perhaps mostly because it was Mike who said it (caught me completely off guard).
 Prime
06-26-2003, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Oh well, I thought it was funny as hell...perhaps mostly because it was Mike who said it (caught me completely off guard). I know. That was the funniest part. :D
 HertogJan
06-27-2003, 6:13 AM
:D Yeah that was a great one :)

Of course I don't mind if people don't speak English that well, I make mistakes too. But please, if English isn't your language, don't use abbreviations like 'y' and 'u'...

And how can you be a vehicle?? You RIDE vehicles you know :)

And the more gamemodes, the happier I am :) I think I'll love Siege!!
 Kurgan
06-28-2003, 6:06 PM

What?? Heretic! You obviously never experienced the joys of playing Mysteries of the Sith with its "personalities" which despite not being exactly "team fortress" were still nice in adding some variety to the game (namely by introducing force sensitive clases that were not "fully trained jedi/sith" thus giving them some balance with the Force Adepts).

That and I seem to recall a lot of people (who obviously hadn't played any of the games in the series prior to Jedi Outcast) complaining how everybody had a lightsaber and force regardless of skin.

This gives you a chance to play as Boba Fett or Han Solo or Chewie or (whomever) and use abilities closer to what they had in the films, rather than just having a war of Jedi with different skins (which don't get me wrong is also lots of fun).

This would work best of course in a team based setting like the Siege mode. I look forward to it!

Never fear though, we will still be able to have Jedi vs. Jedi and all that as we always will, this is just another game mode to add variety and different strategies and tactics.

It's still Star Wars, and I can't imagine the force or lightsabers would entirely be absent from such a game...
 Rockstar
06-30-2003, 1:19 AM
i think that this new mode will be alright and may cure alot of the imbalance bitching lol

as for the "mike bashing" i think your alright mike :cool: . i think that was a good gag and there are FAAAR more imature board members i've met.

i really hate it when people see too people having a heated debate and call it flaming! :mad: its a darn opinion board!! what else is it for ;)
 Drivian Taluus
06-30-2003, 2:16 AM
I for one am ecstatic about class-based gamelplay. It's awesome in Aliens vs. Predator 2, and considering you can ONLY use classes in it, it's more realistic. In my humble oppinion (I'm above abbreviations FYI) there is nothing stupider than a Stormtrooper with a lightsaber. I mean, what the hell is this guy thinking? "Gee, I can't see a thing in this helmet. I know! I'll swing around a blade of energy thaty slices limbs off!"
 legameboy
06-30-2003, 2:28 AM
All I can say is a can't wait to play Seige Mode, it will be awsome.
Page: 1 of 1