Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Idea for some Exciting Action Camera Angles

Page: 1 of 1
 mariners2001
05-29-2003, 9:37 PM
OK. I loved Jedi Outcast as much as anyone but I have to admit I got sick of the camera angle after a while (Maybe that's why I enjoyed SFX Mod's new angle).

Anyway, I was just thinking about how cool it could be if the angles of the player could be changed in the middle of action sequences. Of course, this could be turned off if one wished so.

Here's my idea:
Say you get in a saber lock with another player. Imagine what it'd be like if the camera zoomed in on the player's faces (like the movies) showing them gritting their teeth or snarling trying to win the other player over. Then maybe loop around the saber lock to add more drama to the situation.

That's just one idea but this could be implemented on various things like Force Lightning, Grip, Push or special saber moves. It would add a real movie feel to it and a lot to the general cool factor that's already there. It would also make the game feel more new or exciting.

What do you guys think of this idea? I really hope Raven hears this idea and would consider it.
 Anakin1607
05-29-2003, 9:55 PM
No, the sudden change would be too distracting.
 ToppDog
05-29-2003, 11:45 PM
could lag some too, but probably not much. It would be cool as a player option. I truly hate games that move the angles like that without you being able to turn em off though.
 Gabrobot
05-30-2003, 12:57 AM
I'm sure if they have more camera movement, that it will be able to be turned off like in JKII.
 Kengo
05-30-2003, 3:26 PM
Yeh, would be great if they made it optional. Would keep things interesting, dynamic, as long as it was kinda occasional, too often would be pain.

You know you can change the camera angle and distance from the player in JO? For isntance have the camera looking straight at the player not behind him, or say having the camera 300 feet away from the player. You can get some nice RPG style camera angles, but aiming becomes rather tricky if its too much.
 The_Wookiee
05-30-2003, 3:31 PM
The would be really neat but only if you could turn it off, like stated by the other posters. It would also be really cool for RP games....

They need an RP mode in JA, a lot of people like playing RPGs from time to time, SWG will be our salvation =p

The_Wookiee

RAWWRRAA
 Solbe M'ko
06-09-2003, 9:31 PM
That would be neat option. I got tired of the slo-mo camera movement pretty quick, and having the camera move in a few different ways would be nice.
 t3rr0r
06-09-2003, 9:43 PM
some sort of cinematic spectator mode would be cool... but it would be distracting if you were playing.
 StormHammer
06-09-2003, 10:33 PM
I don't really like the idea of changing camera angles...I like to remain in control of the viewpoint. I didn't mind the few slo-mo camera pans in SP, but if it happened too much, it would be too disorienting for me. I don't see that it would add that much to the gameplay. But if they were to provide it as an option that can be switched off (like it could be turned off in JO), then that's fine. :)
 Reprehence
06-10-2003, 12:26 AM
I always liked the slo-mo kill shot because it gives me a chance to size up the rest of my foes in the area. This is especially true when playing an SP ladder - gives you just enough time and info to plan your next move.

:smilsab
 toms
06-10-2003, 2:30 PM
good for saber locks, where it wouldn't interfere with gameplay, but i can't think of many other places where it should be used.

the camera should also zoom out a little bit when you run.
 Spider AL
06-10-2003, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by toms:

good for saber locks, where it wouldn't interfere with gameplay, but i can't think of many other places where it should be used.

the camera should also zoom out a little bit when you run.Excellent points, I'm right behind them for one.
Page: 1 of 1