Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Dark side is out?

Page: 1 of 1
 Skyweir
05-27-2003, 1:42 PM
I was reading an article at IGN the other day, when I came a cross this paragraph in the text:

"Like the mythos, one of the big plot points (spoilers ahead) is the juxtaposition between the light and dark side of the Force. During the game you will have to pick which side you favor through your actions -- zapping fools from afar with a lightning strike may be considered a little evil to some, y'know? Since you're a student of Luke Skywalker, you won't really be able to go fully to the Dark side, but the seduction may be even stronger if you do favor the Dark side in your style of play."

Does this mean I can't cross to the Dark side at all, or can I just not become a Sith, or can I just choose dark powers, but still fight for the light side (like in JKII), or is it just a glitch from the autor?

I thought the focus of this game should be the choice between the light and the dark side. If you can't choose to cross over to the Dark side and fight with the bad guys, I will be really disappointed
 Wudan
05-27-2003, 5:15 PM
You will probably be able to use many Dark Side powers, but since you are a Padawan the only way you could probably leave Luke's school would be to quit the game and uninstall it.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, though.
 txa1265
05-27-2003, 6:12 PM
I was fairly sure there were E3 interviews and previews that said clearly that your choices would 'tip the balance' between light and dark. There are supposed to be different endings based on your choice.

Mike
 StormHammer
05-27-2003, 7:25 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I was fairly sure there were E3 interviews and previews that said clearly that your choices would 'tip the balance' between light and dark. There are supposed to be different endings based on your choice.

Mike

:wstupid: He's right, you know. ;)
 Kurgan
05-27-2003, 9:59 PM
Considering the official sources confirmed the DarkSide/Lightside "choice" in SP, I would take this IGN guy's words with a grain of salt until he's confirmed by the official sources.
 txa1265
05-28-2003, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by Skyweir
[B]<snip> Since you're a student of Luke Skywalker, you won't really be able to go fully to the Dark side, but the seduction may be even stronger if you do favor the Dark side in your style of play." <snip>[B]

I remember when I was first reading this ... it was in context with all of the other E3 previews.

My thought was - OK, you get to choose a light or dark Jedi path based on your actions and choices of Force Powers (however that is handled). BUT, while you will get a different ending, it is not like you are going to spend half the game building an empire of evil bent on destroying Skywalker and the New Republic. Chances are you'll get 'saved' or 'redeemed' at the end if you take a dark path (honestly I hope not - let us just end up evil, then ignore that choice in the next game ... we dealt with it before, you know ;) )

Mike
Page: 1 of 1