Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Smugglers?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Punisher
05-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Lets say someone wanted to lead Stormtroopers into battle to crush pathetic Rebels, but in his spare time he wanted to smuggle? Could this be done? Each faction should have equal opprotunity for each profession, but I can't see how Imperials would need to smuggle anything, seeing as how the point of smuggling is to get past Imperials...correct me if I am way off...
 Lord_Vessen
05-19-2003, 1:06 AM
Well some planets are rebel controlled so you could smuggle past them. But if you are a smuggler I think your do missions for the Hutts or something. I'm wrong most likely.
 setsuko
05-19-2003, 7:59 AM
Hey, there's no reason why a person aligned to the Empire can't be corrupt. Maintaining a facade of loyalty, while he/she sneaks away now and then and use illegal ways of making money. I think it sounds like an interesting way to play. As long as you don't get caught, that is... ;)
 deggesim
05-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
Hey, there's no reason why a person aligned to the Empire can't be corrupt. Maintaining a facade of loyalty, while he/she sneaks away now and then and use illegal ways of making money. I think it sounds like an interesting way to play. As long as you don't get caught, that is... ;)

Before your post I would have answered: a smuggler is alone by himself and is neighter with the rebels nor the empire.

But, if I think better, a smuggler could behave as you write. :)
 Dark Moon
05-19-2003, 3:22 PM
Corruption was a huge part of the Empire, not everyone wanted to be loyal to a wizened old "wizard" like the Emperor. I can see Imperial officers taking a little smuggling work on the side, mostly younger ones though. Being corrupt would be SWEET :D . That is, unless your superiors found out and came... for... you...
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-19-2003, 3:51 PM
Absolutely, imps can be smugglers. For all the reasons previously mentioned. It'll be something furtive though, the imp. smuggler is different than the rebel smuggler. But that's obvious even to a nerf herder like yourself *looking at nobody in perticular* ;)
 TheMaestro
05-19-2003, 5:40 PM
In a sense, the Empire might love smugglers that they can sorta of "sway in certain directions." They could use them as scouts, and even as personal smugglers...cause that way they don't have to waste their ships, resources, people to do so...

...then again, if you're caught smuggling through the Empire, well like Han Solo faced..."An Imperial patrol forced me to jettison my cargo."

So it might depend...
 sexxxy_mark
05-19-2003, 11:02 PM
what about the imperial hair stylists and the imperial image designers.
no one talks about the glorious professions of the empire.
someone has to shave all those heads and tattoo all those barcodes
 Dr. Zaius
05-20-2003, 1:11 AM
Why bother smuggling something for the government (The Empire) when you could just transport it normally. What I am trying to say is, that why bother hiding some package from the government if the package is going to recieve it anyways.
 Lord_Vessen
05-20-2003, 1:45 AM
Porbably alot of the imp gov is corrupt, you know; liquor, spice, girls, the whole smear.
 Deft Aklin
05-20-2003, 1:44 PM
Imperial coruption? What are you guys smoking and can I have some?

There's no coruption in the Empire, just creative ways of abusing gray areas in bureaucratic red tape. ;)

By the way Punisher, I'm watching you. :D

Seriously though, I am sure this will fit right in to the SWG universe.

Congrats for being the first to mention this though Punisher.
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-20-2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious There's no coruption in the Empire, just creative ways of abusing gray areas in bureaucratic red tape. Lol, that's classic. And, it's so true.
 Lord_Vessen
05-21-2003, 12:26 AM
Lol, sounds like the U.S. Gov...I mean.:D
 deggesim
05-21-2003, 6:29 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Vessen
Lol, sounds like the U.S. Gov...I mean.:D

L :D L!!!
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-21-2003, 1:53 PM
Or for that matter any government that ever existed....oohh, wait I thought we were talking about corruption. Nevermind. :D So, we aren't talking about third world countries or are we? :p
 setsuko
05-21-2003, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by UnfrozenCaveman
So, we aren't talking about third world countries or are we? :p

Since they mentioned the US, I guess we are. ;)
 Deft Aklin
05-21-2003, 3:08 PM
*kicks Set*
I used to like you too. ;)
*waves his American flag*
*has bumper sticker on his arse D_S for Dictator, err...uh...President*
 Lord_Vessen
05-22-2003, 1:05 AM
Nice Set that's nice:cool: well I'm American so and I could care less. Not to affend but I'd be protesting with all of the **** Muslims.
 Jatari Bazrak
05-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Corruption is how the Empire became what it is today,
and the with crafters and hair stylist's.
Imp. Crafter's should only be able to use designs of Imperial wepeons, and Image Designers should Be able to make an Imperial look Darker in a sence.

example: Image Designers could make a zabrak have Sith/Dark jedi tatoo's. :dmaul3:
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 2:25 AM
How come my last post is bleaped? That's how you spell there name!
 Jackrabbit
05-23-2003, 8:53 AM
I think it's spelled with an 'e' at the end, but either way it would block the word ****.

^ see :)
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 12:25 PM
I see.
 Jan Gaarni
05-23-2003, 2:15 PM
I think you are talking about shia muslims here. :)
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 9:49 PM
Oh cause on the news they spelled it with s-h-i-t-
 Jan Gaarni
05-23-2003, 9:53 PM
LOOOL, what news was that? :D

I'm sorry, I just never heard of s-h-i-t muslims before. :)

If I'm wrong, by all means correct me.
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 11:21 PM
It was FOX, the mother of Propoganda.

[edit]It was when we first started the *cough* slaughter *cough* of the *cough* Iraq *cough* They may have changed it.
 Jan Gaarni
05-24-2003, 6:06 AM
Figured that much. :rolleyes:
 Jackrabbit
05-24-2003, 9:54 AM
I think it's spelled s-h-i-t-e, and pronounced shee-ite (in American anyway).

Oh, I typed it into word, and it says it's Shiite.

Jan, why don't you get us back on topic ;).
 Krymelord
05-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Jackrabbit is right, please lets get back to the topic or not post at all, I haven't expressed my political views on the subject and honestly some of the material so far is insulting. I firmly believe that everyone is allowed their opinion, but this is not the forum to discuss that, there are plenty other places to discuss this topic. I ask that we please keep the discussion SW related.

Smuggling like all other professions will be readily applicable to both sides. Smuggling doesn't just avoid the reigning governments policy but can also be done to avoid local tariffs. What if transporting materials from one planet to another (Reb or Imp) had an added cost? Smuggling could circumvent the cost. Also you could smuggle information for either side. It is a fairly open ended profession actually.
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Also you could smuggle information for either side. It sounds like a spy now. That would be cool to do that.
 setsuko
05-24-2003, 1:37 PM
All I know on smuggler-specific missions is that you can only get some specific "carry item A from point X to point Y" missions if you are good enough a smuggler (likely the most dangerous and rewarding 'carry item' missions).
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 2:21 PM
Yes, but could that item be info?
 setsuko
05-24-2003, 2:30 PM
It could be a datacard with info on it.
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 3:56 PM
Or a droid...

Donate you credits to me! I need a banner sig.
 dathansurehand
05-26-2003, 4:18 PM
Smuggling people could be pretty cool too. I had thought earlier, what a sweet way to move someone else throught he galaxy. I take them, and their ship inside my transport........
Page: 1 of 1