Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are YOU doing/playing?

Page: 1 of 1
 another_trooper
05-18-2003, 6:27 PM
Well ?
 Taos
05-19-2003, 12:49 AM
I am currently playing the newly released on pc, GTA: Vice City. On Tuesday, I'm going to buy the platinum edition of MOH: AA that includes a new expansion pack! :D
 edlib
05-19-2003, 2:06 AM
Uh, right now?... Reading this thread. And typing this post.

Yeah I know,.. I'm a wise guy. (Feel free to place any 3-letter word of your choosing in place of "guy")

:joy:
 StormHammer
05-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I am currently playing the newly released on pc, GTA: Vice City. On Tuesday, I'm going to buy the platinum edition of MOH: AA that includes a new expansion pack! :D

Is that MOH:AA + Spearhead on the PC?

There's no platinum edition for PC scheduled for the UK at the moment... :( I've been waiting for them to bundle MOHAA and Spearhead together before getting them...

Anyway, at the moment I'm playing through SOF2 (because I only got halfway last time before my HDD crashed), and I'm groaning inside as I realise how much of a pain it is to play. A few shots, and you're dead (even with full armour), and they throw grenades so that they land directly beside you...even if you're running away... :rolleyes: Oh...and as you pull the trigger, the enemies duck so you miss. Uncanny...that... :mad: Even more uncanny is the fact you can pump some of them full of lead...and they still keep coming, while a couple of shots from them leaves you looking at a reload screen. The other thing I really hate is the fact that you duck behind an object, like a tree, and you take careful aim at an enemy beyond the tree...with their head right in your sights...and you fire...and you HIT THE BLEEDING TREE!!!! They seriously nerfed the targeting - or the hit-box for objects is simply too big.

This may be one of only a very few games that I'm just going to say 'sod it' and play in GOD mode all the way through. It has to be Raven's most disappointing game, from where I'm sitting. SOF 1 was a lot better than this...and a lot more enjoyable. :(
 another_trooper
05-19-2003, 8:55 PM
Cool!
Im playing vice city but on ps2 (and im starting to fall into the dark side of the weapon cheat cuz its getting too frustrating!!!)
Also addicted to Dynasty warriors 4, Need for speed hp2 and even though its old : Starcraft!
 BeastMaster
05-21-2003, 12:02 AM
I'm contemplating reinstalling DS9: The Fallen.

I've beaten EF and JKO, and while The Fallen has no MP, it's just so much more atmospheric than either of them (and the control interface isn't as migraine-inducing.

And I've been forced to realize that bots are no replacement for good SP. I prefer enemies that'll actually aim, and hold still to be shot, and hold some sort of sensible position, not just sprint around firing wildly until they get "stuck" in a straight corridor. :roleyess:

Even the Bajoran suicide bombers were more fun than this.

Is there something about the Q3/UT engines that precludes Idle Animations? I want to be able to look at my player models ingame (and screenshots).
 Taos
05-26-2003, 1:47 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Is that MOH:AA + Spearhead on the PC?

Yes it is. :)

There's no platinum edition for PC scheduled for the UK at the moment... :( I've been waiting for them to bundle MOHAA and Spearhead together before getting them...

It's cool, it comes in this wide silver box that I really don't have a place for at the moment, but I figure I will have it nicely set up fairly soon. :D

By the way, it's a lot of fun. Sorry to hear that it's not coming out in the UK. :S
 BeastMaster
05-30-2003, 5:46 PM
'Cause it's a stupid question.

For JO multiplayer:

Okay, I'm familiar with the g_saberrealisticcombat cheat from SP. I've seen screenshots of people hacking up bots in MP, so I conclude that it is possible. How?

I've used devmap to enable mp cheats, but it keeps telling me that g_SaberRealisticCombat is an "unrecognized command." Is there some other command I have to use?
 MennoniteHobbit
05-31-2003, 7:39 PM
I am currently playing X-Wing Alliance, Grand Turismo 1 (feel free to donate to me a new Grand Turismo 3 for PS :)), and War on Terror (go to www.addictinggames.com) and click on its link. You get to blow up Bin Laden and Hussein! There decapitated heads roll all over their body).
 TheMadDoofer
06-01-2003, 8:09 PM
I am currently playing Command and Conquer Generals, which I think is really cool, no matter what you say.:p

I am also playing BF1942: Road to Rome on Gamespy, which is a blast.

Sometimes I take a break from the killing and play Simcity 4. (Much better than 3000 in my view, except for the nonexistant news ticker, now a scroll box.)
Page: 1 of 1