Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

kotor combat

Page: 1 of 1
 Crill
05-15-2003, 2:11 PM
I really didn't understand what was meant by a "menu combat" that was posted earlier, as I've never played final fantasy games - is this something like the Baldur's Gate rpgs, with the stop and go combat for each character, or something in more real time combat like the JKII engine?
thx
 Jedi Apprentice
05-27-2003, 1:35 AM
Well, I could write all of my combat system knowledge here, but I thought of something a bit better...

A Professionally Written Article On KoTOR's Combat (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/403/403331p1.html?fromint=1) :D

Hope it answers all your questions on this subject. ;)
 Jed
05-27-2003, 3:55 AM
Start downloading some of the videos around here as well. They show the combat mechanics in action. ;)
 Crill
05-27-2003, 1:22 PM
hey, thanks--that answers a lot of questions I was worried about. glad it's not totally the same as BGII and the hurry up and wait D&D games, as that can get old fast. this looks and sounds so much better.
'preciation :cool:
 Jedi Apprentice
05-27-2003, 4:01 PM
No problem, Crill.

Just ask anytime and someone will always be around to answer your questions.

Hopefully....:p

And yes, like 220 said, some of the videos show off the combat system brilliantly.

I sure think the system works good. It's a quasi-realtime system meaning it's not action, but it's not Final Fantasy either. :D

Very cinematic.

And an excellent blend that will completely take over my life when the game comes out. :p
 Darth Baal
06-02-2003, 4:05 PM
Hasn't it already? :D
Page: 1 of 1