Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which games are you looking foreward to?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
05-14-2003, 10:39 PM
E3 has arrived, in comes the previews, and alot of information on upcoming games!!!!!

The question is:

Which ones REALLY (and I mean REALLY because there are ALOT of [GOOD[/b] looking games coming up!!!!!!) grab your attention and you can't stop thinking of how awesome they might end up being???????

For me, those games are:

Dino Crisis 3. Have you ever played the first and second? I have, but NOT IN ORDER!!! I was hesitant, and played the 2nd first, then I decided to get the 1st, and WHOA....those games are REALLY terrifying, they made me jump out of my seat and scream words my parents wouldn't approve of quite a few times! Dino Crisis 3 looks like it's going to be Wet-YOUR-PANTS scary!! Mutant dinosaurs, jetpacks, and it'll be on the xbox!!!!! I'm dying to get more info about it, hopefully ign will throw some at me in a few days!!

B.C. This is another game that has caught my interest since I ever heard about it, you control a tribe in a prehistoric earth, the ai is supposed to be very good, and there's cave chicks in it, you can't beat that! :D

Fable. This game better push Morrowind into second place on my 'Favorite single player RPG' list. You can pretty much do anything in it, but the ai is supposed to be VERY VERY good, kinda been drawn into morrowind to really care about the game, but before i played morrowind i'd drool just thinking about Fable, so now it's going to be a little harder to impress me. ^_^

Knights of the Old Republic. Enough Said!!!! I can't wait to make my own character and just go around doing stuff, slashing npcs, wrecking the place! hehehe!
 JediNyt
05-14-2003, 11:01 PM
Probably KOTOR, Jedi Academy, and Republic Commando.
 Rogue15
05-14-2003, 11:13 PM
could you explain what you are looking foreward to in each of those games?
 dark jedi 8
05-15-2003, 6:26 PM
KOTOR
JKIII
Republic Commando
full throttle
secret weapons over normandy
armed and dangerous
RSIII
Doom III
SoFII
Counter-Strike
Hitman 3
Halo 2
Dino Crisis 3

to much to explain, but i'm just hoping that the lucas arts titles live past their reputation especially the star wars ones, which the 4 of them there are probably will. the others are just action/shooter games that i think will be very promising judging by earlier encarnations. this will be a great year for games, and i think xbox stole the show, IMO.:D
 C'jais
05-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Half-life 2.
 Jedi Apprentice
05-17-2003, 9:46 PM
Lets see.....

KoTOR
Jedi Academy
Republic Commando
RS3--If I end up getting a GC
Gladius
LoTR: Treason of Isengard
LoTR: The Return of The King
LoTR: War of The Ring
Halo 2
BC
Fable

Reasons-- I am a total Star Wars and Lord of The Rings freak. I love all LucasArts games, and the other just look straight up cool to me. :)
 ckcsaber
05-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Half-Life 2.

I'm just really excited to step in Gordon's shoes again, and play a FPS with a focus on the story.
 StormHammer
05-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Erk...another one of these threads...erm...okay, I won't post my usual list of wanted games. I'll force myself to only mention a few...

Deus Ex 2. I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, and by all accounts the second is even better.

Half-Life 2. I've read all about it, I've seen a [short] gameplay movie, and I really can't wait to play it. It's the biggest announcement in a long time, and well worth the wait.

Jedi Academy. Of course. It just sounds better and better, and could well become the best in the series.

Knights Of The Old Republic. It looks great, and I trust Bioware to deliver an ecsellent RPG experience.

Star Wars: Republic Commando. A bolt out of the blue, and although there's not much information yet, I think LEC is set to make a great return to the FPS genre.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I'm still hotly anticipating this photo-realistic RPG/FPS hybrid.

I'll leave it at that...or this post is going to be too long to read. :D
 Taos
05-19-2003, 1:49 PM
The one game that I really want is KOTOR. What immeditately caught my eye about the game was its setting - 4,000 years before the movies. We don't really know much about this time period other then the game takes place right after the mandelorian war.

Another part that hooked me was the fact that it is RPG, the first Star Wars RPG. Which means you "live the life" of a jedi in this game. You get in depth charactere selection etc. This was something that I've always wanted in a SW game but never had.........and I didn't think that it would ever get made.

Now, that I've seen a ton of the game and read a lot about it there are several other factors as well that keep me hooked! First off, I love the idea of having your character fall to the darkside. When/if they do, their appearance [facial expressions/clothing] will become darker. This leads to tons of replayability. :)

The opinions on this game I heard from those who attended the recent E3 also gets me very excited about this game as well. One attendee said it was easily LucasArts' strongest title. :D

Now this is actually a short list of the reasons I want KOTOR, it could take me hours to write out why I want this game so badly......and I just decided to not rant on. ;)

I think everyone should at least check it out! :)
 The Last Jedi
05-20-2003, 4:11 PM
Jedi Academy looks good but seems like it will just be the same as JK II.
 Rogue15
05-20-2003, 4:14 PM
Jedi Academy has character creation, and looks like everything they refused to do for jedi outcast...
 Wraith 8
05-20-2003, 6:43 PM
Im surprised that no one has even said Star Wars Galaxies, An Empire devided. Must be that monthly stuff that keeps it down :(

Anyway:

STAR WARS GALAXIES! AN EMPIRE DEVIDED!

http://www.swgalaxies.net)
http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com)
http://www.geocities.com/swgassociates)

there :D

-Wraith 8-
Page: 1 of 1