Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The new game's site is up! With trailer!

Page: 1 of 1
 Sprocket
05-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Well, the main site beat me to the punch, but what the hell.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/freelancepolice/)

Wow. My heart is happy.

Good to see that they got back the original video game voices, for consistency's sake. I'm sure Bill Farmer's grateful, the poor man's done practically damn near nothing outside of Goofy in the last ten years. And Nick Jameson's done practially nothing BUT video games, so I'm sure this'll be old hat for him.

Still, I will remain forever biased to the DIC actors. As obviously talented as Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson are, I always felt that Harvey Atkin's gruffness and Robert Tinkler's high-pitched voice seemed to suit the "feel" of Sam and Max more.

But that would be kind of hard to do, since Lucasarts, of course, isn't in Canada. A guy can dream, though.

But hey, who cares? It's SAM AND MAX!! I don't CARE who voices them at this point. We're getting MORE SAM AND MAX!!

Aw yeah.

However, I will not be entirely satisfied until I see, in some form, Flint Paper kicking the ass of some misanthrope.
 samandmaxfiend
05-14-2003, 2:48 AM
if you check the artwork flint is definitely back!! i hope the game starts off with flint kicking some some ass 2 :D
 SyntheticGerbil
05-15-2003, 9:22 AM
You pretend like you know these voice actors personally. Get a job or something.

(I also think the cartoon voices sucked enormously. Especially Sam's.)
 samandmaxfiend
05-15-2003, 10:59 PM
i agree i thought the cartoon voices were horrible especially max..glad we got the right voices back
 Sprocket
05-16-2003, 2:46 PM
What the hell?

Okay, I didn't see the other thread, that was my bad.

But don't insult me just because I like certain actors better. I never said that the game's actors suck, I merely complimented the cartoon's actors.

And of COURSE I don't know them. But I like keeping track of what certain actors and actresses are in what. Nothing wrong with that.

That said, it's Sam and Max, I don't care who voices them, it'll still be funny and probably a damn good game all around, so whatever.

And I HAVE a job, thank you. Which I will get back to, after finals...

...bleh. You could've waited until next week to insult me, you know. I wouldn't have given it a second though, but I'm grumpy because of studying so much.
 SyntheticGerbil
05-17-2003, 8:45 PM
Sorry, I thought I would be a hard ass, since you seemed to speak fluently about Jameson's and Farmer's life work.
 Jawa Eater
05-20-2003, 2:51 AM
Originally posted by samandmaxfiend
if you check the artwork flint is definitely back!! i hope the game starts off with flint kicking some some ass 2 :D

Dude, I can't wait, Flint rocked soooooo hard!!!
 superdude201
05-24-2003, 1:03 PM
It looks great i hope they stay with the point and click part of the game though cause monkey island 4 could have been better if it had point and click i think
 SyntheticGerbil
05-24-2003, 2:20 PM
Wow, are you ignorant.
 superdude201
05-25-2003, 7:46 PM
erm actually no
 sheaday6
05-26-2003, 3:47 PM
im gonna go with the gerbil on this one
 mercatfat
05-27-2003, 6:21 PM
Yeah, seriously. Stop reporting Gerbil every time he writes something in his wonderfully amusing and dead-on sardonic way.

Be realistic, there's no point in getting pissed at people the staff favors.

The next person to whine about him is so banned.
 SyntheticGerbil
05-27-2003, 11:32 PM
Hah, sounds like I should change my username. The old virtual whitewash.
 Jester
05-28-2003, 12:56 AM
You could be 100% natural gerbil. Marketing freaks would simply loooove it.
 Setion
05-28-2003, 1:00 AM
I've been trying to get banned but Jester edits my highly offensive posts before people can read them, so out of boredom I made a random word generator that I'll be using instead of curse words.

So ninja-star you, stop battling Sean and join the repressed bastard-yo-yo'd hammer. He's 10 times funnier than you'll ever be, and if you haven't noticed this is the SAM AND MAX BOARD, not the pansy assed mother-herberting "Oh please don't hurt my feelings and make me write about it in my online diary so all three people who care can hear about the ghost of my cat that haunts my couch and freaks out my D&D friends while I paste my NSFW (tee hee!!) pictures over all FORTY lucas supported Star Wars forums [note: THE ONLINE GAME IS A STEAMING PILE OF @#$%] and then post my xwing emoticon so I can feel better about my sorry pathetic fairy-girl life!!!"

Oh wait, this is the "sam and max" board. My mistake, I'll just go back to the...umm.....*middle finger*
 SyntheticGerbil
05-28-2003, 2:07 AM
You're too much of a lovable young adult to be banned.
 Skinkie
05-28-2003, 2:54 AM
I'm sensing a sarcastic chemistry here, one may that kill us all.... Oh well, best to die laughing.
 Jester
05-28-2003, 3:28 AM
Ban him.
 Setion
05-28-2003, 3:57 AM
Beat him with a cactus.
 Sprocket
05-30-2003, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by mercatfat
Yeah, seriously. Stop reporting Gerbil every time he writes something in his wonderfully amusing and dead-on sardonic way.

Be realistic, there's no point in getting pissed at people the staff favors.

The next person to whine about him is so banned.

Huh?

I didn't report him.

And yes, in retrospect, I took his comment way too seriously. He's a funny guy.
 swediot=)
06-02-2003, 6:08 AM
Originally posted by samandmaxfiend

you never get to see flint though ... or am i getting confused
 Random
06-02-2003, 10:12 AM
He wasn't seen in the game, but you can see him in the comics. Which is which is why I'd like him in the new game. He's a cool character. Unshaven PI, loose necktie, kicking gangster butt and lugging them to the dumpster, but a real nice guy to his neighbors.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-02-2003, 5:18 PM
Hah, that's right, about 85% of Sam and Max fans don't have a concept of what Flint looks like.
 Metallus
06-02-2003, 5:25 PM
They should have made Flint into a female character for the TV series, rather than creating The Geek. That way, uh, see...

Wait a minute, that's a horrible idea.
 samandmaxfiend
06-03-2003, 4:44 AM
haha wouldnt it be great if flint got to help them in the case..and sam was trying to keep flint and max from gettin out of control
 Setion
06-03-2003, 3:31 PM
*crickets chirp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that would be AWESOME!!!

*and in the distance...a dog barks*
 swediot=)
06-08-2003, 3:48 AM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
Hah, that's right, about 85% of Sam and Max fans don't have a concept of what Flint looks like.

could you give me some links or something like that?
 sheaday6
06-08-2003, 3:57 AM
 swediot=)
06-10-2003, 5:57 AM
thanks man
 SyntheticGerbil
07-02-2003, 5:06 AM
And thank you for advertising Chewbacca, you dork.
 Jester
07-02-2003, 3:54 PM
What a wookie!
Page: 1 of 1