Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Post count blues.. I'm sorry!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
05-08-2003, 6:18 PM
I pruned one users's posts (via their own request) and thought "updating post counts" would be a good idea. Seconds later I realized it wasn't, and cancelled...

But I think about 2000 users had their post counts 'updated.'

What this means is that any of them that had "combined accounts" (when the move was made from individual site forums to "lucasforums" the giant mega forum... some accounts we deleted and "combined" by editing the post counts in the admin forum) will now have post counts that are their TRUE post counts and not what we'd made them to be (the bad side effect being any combined accounts will now be lower than before). Credits won't change though.

So anyway, any admin can go into the panel and modify the post counts manually to fix them.

I'm really sorry about this, I feel like an idiot. So if anybody has a problem with their post count, talk to me or another admin.

Again, sorry... won't happen again.
 Metallus
05-08-2003, 6:22 PM
Kurgan, you're just going to have to field the complaints then, I think every admin will make this mistake at some point. Just pay attention to help/feedback and watch for threads about post counts. Or, you could post a thread yourself explaining the situation.
 Kurgan
05-08-2003, 6:30 PM
I think I will post this thread a few places..

So I'm not the only one huh? Kinda takes the sting away.

I'll gladly fix anybody that asks.... ; p
 GonkH8er
05-09-2003, 2:44 AM
ROFL kurgan :) nice work...
 Kurgan
05-09-2003, 5:30 PM
[Homer Simpson]D'oh![/Homer Simpson]
 BeastMaster
05-09-2003, 10:17 PM
:roleyess:

STOP HELPING!!--Terminator (T2 3D)
 Pedro The Hutt
05-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Care for post counts, I do not. Quality, not quantity!
 Bob Gnarly
05-10-2003, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by BeastMaster
:roleyess:

STOP HELPING!!

--Terminator (T2 3D)

nice one BeastMaster, anyways do you admins have like buttons everywhere on your screen, for instance wher i have rate post would there also be buttons like ban.....???
Page: 1 of 1