Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your first mission??

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 9:51 PM
I was wondering does kyle, or luke come with you. They won't send out a padawan on a mission all alone. what do u guys think it will be like.
 MuRaSaMuNe
05-04-2003, 9:57 PM
I think it would probably be in the academy doing some training :P Then maybe they'd give you a small assignment to prove yourself for jedi knight hood.
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 10:05 PM
ur probablly right like how kyle got his light saber in jo. it will be a test or something.
 SD_ReBoRN__
05-04-2003, 10:43 PM
You may already have your saber, and just be training with it vs. Kyle or somthing.
 boinga1
05-04-2003, 11:37 PM
How would we know? I personally hope we start at the JA, sure, but I can't give you an answer.
 Taos
05-05-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
How would we know? I personally hope we start at the JA, sure, but I can't give you an answer.

I agree with this. I really hope that we would start off at the acadamy....that would be quite fun IMO. But really, we won't know for a while I think. :)
 HertogJan
05-05-2003, 7:19 AM
The trials was my favorite level in JO!! I want to have basic training at the beginning, and the final trial (to become a Jedi Knight) after some time. It would be very great :)
 Toa Tahu
05-05-2003, 7:46 AM
I hope it'll be an interesting mission though.
Like the bounty hunters in Jedi Quest Part 2.:D

Or let's hope we can only use our saber.:D
 Blademaster_109
05-05-2003, 9:06 AM
Originally posted by SD_ReBoRN__
You may already have your saber, and just be training with it vs. Kyle or somthing.

yeah, or one of those round floating ball that shoots at u.
 Mero Vilul
05-05-2003, 9:32 AM
I think the game will start, as mentioned, in the academy training with luke, meeting Kyle and things like that. A small tutorial for newbies would occur there.

The first real mission I would bet has the word "investigate" in it's description.
 Pedro The Hutt
05-05-2003, 10:22 AM
And possibly Luke or Kyle might accompany you on your first real mission and/or at some other point in the game. Personally I'm hoping for this because I liked the part where you teamed up with Luke for some fun saber fighting in JO hehe.
 taekwondo joe
05-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I agree with this. I really hope that we would start off at the acadamy....that would be quite fun IMO. But really, we won't know for a while I think. :) yeah, start out at the acadimy, and train or something, so you can get used to the moves and controls
 StormHammer
05-05-2003, 12:21 PM
I think it's too early to say, but I tend to agree that you'll start off in the Academy, probably going through some training lessons. Then as Mero Vilul said, you'll probably go on some kind of investigation, with Kyle by your side. But that's pure speculation, and I disclaim all responsibility for my intelligence. :D
 Prime
05-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
They won't send out a padawan on a mission all alone. What, you mean Kenobi didn't send out his padawan alone, and Yoda didn't send out Luke to confront Vader alone?

"Then, and only then, a Jedi will you be."
 SettingShadow
05-05-2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Prime
What, you mean Kenobi didn't send out his padawan alone, and Yoda didn't send out Luke to confront Vader alone?

"Then, and only then, a Jedi will you be."

Obi-Wan didn't send out his padawan, the council did. And Kenobi wernt completly satisfied with it. Just to be a smart-ass :p
 HertogJan
05-05-2003, 3:08 PM
Well they won't send you on missions alone when you're a relatively unskilled Padawan. You have to gain field experience on missions with your master of course!!

But of course, it's possible the game starts when you are a trained Padawan, ready for his first solo mission!!
 Pedro The Hutt
05-05-2003, 4:33 PM
And Yoda was sort of dead/one with the Force so he couldn't rely accompany him to the second Death Star.
 txa1265
05-05-2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Well they won't send you on missions alone when you're a relatively unskilled Padawan. You have to gain field experience on missions with your master of course!!

But of course, it's possible the game starts when you are a trained Padawan, ready for his first solo mission!!

I see that depending on the depth of the 'training' and/or first mission. If there is significant training, and a relatively simple first mission, you may go alone.

Mike
 Solbe M'ko
05-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I would like to see the introduction of new characters in the academy. Fellow padawans who would become characters of some importance during the game. Fresh characters would be cooler than just having an aging Luke or practically ancient Kyle come with you (and yes I know that Ben was a fogie in ANH).
:wan:
 Pedro The Hutt
05-07-2003, 11:19 AM
eh, it's only a good year after JKII that JA will take place, they won't have aged THAT much ^^" And yeah it would be neat to see other students, heck ,perhaps even a few of them who are mentioned in the EU books.
 HertogJan
05-07-2003, 11:24 AM
I'd like to have interaction with your fellow padawans, yes. Like going on a mission together, training together. And it would be nice if your best buddy-fellow-padawan went to the darkside, and you'll have to kill him. Well that would make an emotional conflict ;)
 Prime
05-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Squater
Obi-Wan didn't send out his padawan, the council did. And Kenobi wernt completly satisfied with it. Just to be a smart-ass :p Touche :)
 Blademaster_109
05-07-2003, 8:44 PM
I think that no matter what they do for the first level there won't be trouble in that area but in the second level what jedi master(like kyle or luke) send out a padwan on a mission, with only the first level of the netural powers??
 Solbe M'ko
05-07-2003, 8:44 PM
I'm not sure how old the Solo kids would be at that point (cause I'm too lazy-ass to look it up) but it might be cool to see them, if it fit with the timeline.
 StormHammer
05-07-2003, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
I'd like to have interaction with your fellow padawans, yes. Like going on a mission together, training together. And it would be nice if your best buddy-fellow-padawan went to the darkside, and you'll have to kill him. Well that would make an emotional conflict ;)

Yes, I agree that would be great, especially if we get to see some of the other Jedi apprentices mentioned in the novels.
 Agen
05-07-2003, 9:18 PM
I totally Hertog and storm, a great idea :).... or depending on which side you took, he/she takes the opposite one you take - he realises that when you goto the darkside he really deosn't want to fall, so he doesn't - and if you are light, he will go dark knowing no experience..... so therefore you have no choice but to kill him :)

Or perhaps he goes to the darkside, which could possibly make you keen to fall.... Ally or fight him :)

Very good idea Hertog :)
 Solbe M'ko
05-07-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm likin' that idea! having a dedicated buddy would add a new level to the game, just as long as he could take care of himself; I wouldn't want to have to babysit some mission critical bot the whole game.
 Sam Fisher
05-17-2003, 10:22 AM
There is probally going to be a couple training missinons to start out with, then you are going to get your saber....maybe...
 HertogJan
05-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
I'm likin' that idea! having a dedicated buddy would add a new level to the game, just as long as he could take care of himself; I wouldn't want to have to babysit some mission critical bot the whole game.

Yeah that should be the developer's man concern if they decide to do something like this... I don't want stupid barney/scientist-like sidekicks (ppl who've played Half-Life know what I mean).

I must say Jan never really got in my way in JO, so even with more interaction with your sidekick, it shouldn't be a problem, as long as the levels aren't to complicated for him/her. Oh and I do want missions on my own, only a couple of them should be done in a team :)
 wardz
05-17-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty confident you start with the saber, they said so in one of the articles...

-W
 Solbe M'ko
05-17-2003, 3:03 PM
Jan's bot seemed to work well, but she was in so few missions and most of her movements were scripted. If you play, like the Yavin level and spawn a jedi friend, he'll get lost no problem.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-24-2003, 9:07 AM
Shouldn't the player forge his or her sabre?
I would like, that we would go from the Academy with basic knowledge about the force!
Page: 1 of 1