Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Extracting a song from Full Throttle?

Page: 1 of 1
 pAk
05-04-2003, 3:38 PM
Hi,

I am a big Full Throttle fan and even bought the Gone Jackal's CD because I loved the music so much.

The best song in the game (IMHO) is missing from the CD though. It's the song about the apocalypse, had kind of a country western twang to it.

I have my original CD and would like to extract that song from the CD but I'm having problems doing it.

I have SCUMM but can't seem to make heads or tails of it. If someone could give me some tips or let me know if I'm using the wrong tool I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks much,

pAk.
 Alien426
05-05-2003, 3:23 AM
There is a tool called FT Play (http://kickstand.mixnmojo.com/files/utils-ftplay.zip) which I used to extract "Chitlins, Whiskey And Skirt". It's DOS-based however and I don't think you will fare any better with it than with SCUMM Revisited if you don't have any experience with that.
It works something like this (you have to type this in the DOS prompt):

FTPLAY -c h -e chitlins.wav 5
(CD drive is H:, output file is chitlins.wav, can't verify the track number right now)

edit: Turns out I've been right about the track number!
Page: 1 of 1