Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another US magzine with a force combo in it.

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 12:26 PM
I didn't finish reading it but i can tell u the only one i got to. They said that their favorite comobo, with force and light sabers was, pull and it will be more effective so you can so they come directly at you so can chop them up. i'll go buy the magzine today and read the rest.
 Prime
05-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
I didn't finish reading it but i can tell u the only one i got to. They said that their favorite comobo, with force and light sabers was, pull and it will be more effective so you can so they come directly at you so can chop them up. i'll go buy the magzine today and read the rest. Good Lord! That almost sounds like pull/kick!
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 1:09 PM
yeah i guess.
 PrimoSidone
05-04-2003, 1:32 PM
pull, kick is lame..
 leXX
05-04-2003, 1:46 PM
There was nothing more annoying in the days of 1.03 than pull/backslash. I only hope this more effective pull does not equal encouraging that again.
 SettingShadow
05-04-2003, 2:01 PM
MORE effective?!! God NO! This will only make CTF games even more 'push left, push right.. win the round', and it were more than enough of that in JO.

And besides, I've never seen a Jedi in the movies pull someone to their feet... I mean, pulling a living target should be a bit more difficult than pulling a lightsaber.
 StormHammer
05-04-2003, 2:08 PM
Yes, it does sound a bit like that, doesn't it? I hope it doesn't nerf MP again... :( I'm only just getting used to the 1.04 patch play style...
 greedo626
05-04-2003, 2:13 PM
I still think they should have mde the lightsaber more powerful, not less. peolpe wouldn't spam moves like backslash and dfa if any body hit was a kill. they should also make the saber defense a whole lot better. you should be able to block almost any attack and only get hit when you let down you're defenses. I hope JA doesn't turn into a spam fest.
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 2:19 PM
i agree. the lightsaber should be the most powerful weapon in the game.
 HertogJan
05-04-2003, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
i agree. the lightsaber should be the most powerful weapon in the game.

That it is already, but it should be made MORE powerfull. But I don't think 1 hit-kill is the solution to make it more 'realistic'! That would require an ultimate blocking system that would be very fun to use, otherwise all saber duels would be very very short :(
 Emon
05-04-2003, 3:28 PM
Why I'm not worried about stuff like this:

1. The magazine isn't necessarily correct.
2. Blademaster could have misinterpreted it.
3. I could have misinterpreted Blademaster because of his poor grammar.
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 5:08 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
That it is already, but it should be made MORE powerfull. But I don't think 1 hit-kill is the solution to make it more 'realistic'! That would require an ultimate blocking system that would be very fun to use, otherwise all saber duels would be very very short :(

ur right, it'd be gay if it was one hit one kill
 Pedro The Hutt
05-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Perhaps they were referring to SP, but then they didn't play JO very well because there you can "combo" that too, you pull a poor enemy on his/her face and then simply slice them silly before they have a chance to get back up again.
 PrimoSidone
05-05-2003, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan

What about Prince of Persia 3d style?? but then the normal camera.. POP3d camera sucked in battles
Page: 1 of 1