Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New single saber animations?

Page: 1 of 1
 SeanTB123
05-03-2003, 6:33 PM
Do you think that since they are going to be working on new animations for the twin sabers and saber staffs, that they are going to alter or add animations for the standard single saber? I'd prefer the single bladed, but if the animations are going to be the same as JO, I might see myself moving on to the saber staff or the twin sabers.

What do you think?
 greedo626
05-04-2003, 12:09 AM
I think they're making more saber stances so there will probably be new animations, but there should still be alot of the old ones too.
 Prime
05-04-2003, 2:16 AM
I believe that this is definitely the case. I don't have a link to the interview right now though.
 Khier
05-04-2003, 2:22 AM
I think they'll definitely tweak the single bladed saber a bit, to balance out between dual sabers, and the light staff. I don't htink they're aiming to have people choose dual sabers or light staff over single bladed. I assume some new special moves and maybe an extra stance or two will be included.
 HertogJan
05-04-2003, 7:50 AM
Well they said they were going to keep the original stances, but they also said there was like 3 times as much animation, I believe, dunno for sure though...

There are also new physics. In an interview some guy @ Raven (hehe sorry, don't remember the name) said that when, for example, the Rancor touches the wall; it actually touches the wall, and doesn't go trough it!!

So I hope the same counts for sabers; good hit detection and all. Those things add to the 'realism' too, just like animations...
 StormHammer
05-04-2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Well they said they were going to keep the original stances, but they also said there was like 3 times as much animation, I believe, dunno for sure though...

There are also new physics. In an interview some guy @ Raven (hehe sorry, don't remember the name) said that when, for example, the Rancor touches the wall; it actually touches the wall, and doesn't go trough it!!

So I hope the same counts for sabers; good hit detection and all. Those things add to the 'realism' too, just like animations...

Yes, you're right about 3 times the amount of animation. Keep in mind that covers the new sabers as well, but I have no doubts they will be tweaking a lot of the existing animations we saw in JO to make them better. I would also assume that there will be better hit/block detection in place. If they can make the blocking a lot better, then they should equalise the saber damage per hit, IMHO...regardless of stance. But that's just me...
 Emon
05-04-2003, 6:19 PM
Remember that force = mass * acceleration, so for the blue stance, the only mass going into the swing is your wrists and your forearms at most, so there isn't as much force as a full body swing like from yellow.

That doesn't mean that red's slowness would make it more powerful though...
 Solbe M'ko
05-04-2003, 9:01 PM
I don't know where you got the idea that an 8th grade physics course could explain the force but I simply can't agree with it. Read up on the SW website or in one of the books and you'll start to see what I mean.
The reason that red stance does more damage but goes slower is that if it went as fast as blue, blue would be useless. See?
Page: 1 of 1