Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Evidence Sadam still Alive

Page: 1 of 1
 griff38
05-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Wow, this is the most interesting info on Sadam for sometime.

Tape shows exhausted, confused Saddam
By Charles J. Hanley
May 2, 2003 | BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- In what is purported to be his last known wartime speech _ a video never before televised _ Saddam Hussein appears exhausted, at times confused and seemingly resigned to defeat, but he tells Iraqis that God, somehow, will help them expel the American-British occupiers.

"The faithful will be victorious over the sinners, regardless of the duration of the struggle and the forms it might take," Saddam says. With patience, the "ordeal" can be overcome, he says, and the invaders driven from Iraq.

The videotape, bearing a presidential stamp, was obtained Thursday by Associated Press Television News from a former employee of the Iraqi satellite television channel which, under the regime, was responsible for filming and distributing official presidential video.
Complete Story (http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2003/05/02/saddam_tape/index.html)
 Luc Solar
05-03-2003, 4:51 AM
I *must* get that video! I'd also like to find the last televised speech the information minister (what's-his-name?) gave about Americans not being "anywhere near Baghdad".. :D

I'm amazed by the fact(?) that they can't seem to kill Saddam dead. Having him around looming in the shadows during the reconstruction of Iraq is, like...not good. :(
 Dagobahn Eagle
05-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Let's be civilized here. I wouldn't care if Saddam died either, but
again, let's look at the image of the States:

If Bush and Rumsf(i?)eld keeps talking as if they want to lynch and kill Saddam on sight, don't you agree that sounds less humane than an army that wants to arrest him on sight?

I don't know if he's alive, and I don't care if he's alive.
 griff38
05-03-2003, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle
don't you agree that sounds less humane than an army that wants to arrest him on sight?

Agreed.

The thing i find interesting about this info if true is Sadams attitude. In all the other tapes he was very positive. I have heard that captured senior Iraqis have claimed they lied to Sadam the whole time about how things were going. Some experts say Sadam really believed all that crap he and the information minister
were spouting about how the US was bogged down and having trouble. Then the US Army rolled into town like they owned the place and he must have realized his generals had been lying to him. Hence the changed more resigned mood displayed on the tape.

Hey where in Norge do you live? Dagobahn Eagle. I have been to Bodo several times. Tahk!!
 Breton
05-03-2003, 2:21 PM
Well, since the war is officially over, the soliders have no right to kill Saddam on sight. But it is well if they capture him and puts him in front of the international court martial in Haag.

But after the incident with the two thieves who were dressed naked and chased down the streets with "Ali Baba" written on their chests, who knows what the US soliders will come up with next?

Hey where in Norge do you live? Dagobahn Eagle. I have been to Bodo several times. Tahk!!

He lives in Houston...

Not sure wich city he comes from though. I live in Bergen, BTW.
 Dagobahn Eagle
05-03-2003, 4:37 PM
OT: I'm in Houston as of now, but I'm from Bergen, Fana district.

Well, since the war is officially over, the soliders have no right to kill Saddam on sight. But it is well if they capture him and puts him in front of the international court martial in Haag.
The problem is that the USA doesn't recognize the war as over, thus reserving their right to kill on sight.

It is very likely that Saddam will end up in hiding and not, or never, be found like Osama Bin Laden. There are people out there who still support him, either because they actually for some reason like him or because he's forcing them to like him.
 Luc Solar
05-03-2003, 5:47 PM
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle
[size=1]There are people out there who still support him, either because they actually for some reason like him or because he's forcing them to like him.

It's isn't far fetched that some poor sob will do exactly as Saddam sais if he promises him riches beyond belief and 7 virgins. (Saddam could easily do that if he was in power)

The point is that Saddam is one hell of an authority whether or not USA has invaded the country. If he is alive and "gathering troops", the peaceful reconstruction of Iraq and the appointment of a new goverment is bound to face problems.

The world would be a better place without him. :(
 Dagobahn Eagle
05-04-2003, 9:57 PM
One of the questions related to terrorism we have to ask ourselves here is: What's do we do next?

Saddam and bin Laden are both on the loose, North Korea is hostile but talks are finally commencing. Iraq and Afghanistan, however, are secured.

So should we try something like a big reward for Saddam Hussein, like we did for bin Laden (except we offer food, medicine, clothes, welfare, construction of vital facilities, and other supplies that people actually need)? Or should we try to get permissions to send our troops and recon units to as many places as possible, such as into Kuwait, Pakistan, and Yemen (just as recon, not to invade)?
Page: 1 of 1