Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Costume ripper - where is that damn thing?

Page: 1 of 1
 jannar85
04-30-2003, 6:48 PM
Hi there,
after looking and looking at LucasHacks after THE one program I'm looking for, I came up with nothing... I'm after THE program which can view the sprites from LucasArts games, but is not Akos nor Costume ripper. Where's the third? The one with the windows interface? Is it taken down? Could you upload it again? Where is it now? :)
 James Isaac
05-02-2003, 10:46 AM
I have recently been to every SCUMM hacking site I can find, and the only costume ripping tools I can find are AKOS and Costume Ripper, so I think that the one you are talking about must have been taken off the web.
 jannar85
05-02-2003, 7:15 PM
Noooooo! If anyone still have's it, could you upload it? :)
It's a mix of SR and Costumeripper layout.

Thanks!
 bgbennyboy
05-02-2003, 7:32 PM
I think you might be referring to Tomas' old costume ripper, he removed it when costrip came out. I recently asked him about putting it back up again but he said it would need reworking entirely from scratch. So stick with costrip.
 jannar85
05-03-2003, 1:35 PM
I still want it, because this costumeripper doesn't work on WinXP, Tomas' costumerip worked... k?

Could anyone still upload it? :)
Thanks.
 bgbennyboy
05-03-2003, 1:38 PM
Use the dos version, that does.
 KeibakAruu
05-03-2003, 7:07 PM
I agree with Jannar. If anyone can upload it somewhere, even temporarily, I would appreciate it also.

Joey
 jannar85
05-04-2003, 12:09 PM
The dos version of costumeripper locks my computer up....
Could someone be kind enough to upload it? :)
 bgbennyboy
05-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Jannar, stop spamming or i'll close the thread.
 jannar85
05-08-2003, 4:43 PM
Originally posted by bgbennyboy
I think you might be referring to Tomas' old costume ripper, he removed it when costrip came out. I recently asked him about putting it back up again but he said it would need reworking entirely from scratch. So stick with costrip.
I'm sorry, but I'm just asking for 'someone' to upload it.
I need it kind of urgent, and that dos version of costumeripper doesn't seem to work. I'm not spamming. I just need help.

If you have it, can you upload it, and PM me the url or something?
If Tomas won't have the program released again to the public....

I don't want to sound rude or anything, and I'm sorry if you thought I spammed. I dпdn't, k?

I just thought you missed reading my reply, so I had to move it to the top again to get yer attention.

I will in no way harm lucasforums - I just ask after some help.
I don't ask about warez or anything illegal, do I?
 bgbennyboy
05-08-2003, 5:08 PM
If I had it i'd have sent it you, its annoying when you bump the thread up asking the same question. I think its safe to say now that no-one has it so you might as well concentrate on trying to get one of the versions of costrip to work.
 James Isaac
05-08-2003, 5:40 PM
To open a file in the DOS version, have you tried getting the file and dragging in onto the costume ripper?

That worked for me.
 jannar85
05-09-2003, 5:43 AM
Allright, I'll try that James.
Benny? You can close the thread now if you'd like to. :)
Page: 1 of 1