Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How will we meet up on a planet?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kyren Valinor
04-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Self-explanatory again :-)

Do you think you will be able to message each other or something? And if your familiar with a 3-D program callled ActiveWorlds (www.activeworlds.com) you can teleport to a person if he/she is on your contact list (buddy list). Also you could pop in coordinates (n, s, e, w). It was an interesting program, you could build and and chat and all other kinds of stuff.

But, I digress. Anybody know how will we interact and meet up with each other in game?

~K~
 Jackrabbit
04-28-2003, 10:24 PM
There is a private message and email system built right into the game (last I heard). They're not going to let you teleport, because that would be used to get out of combat, and take away from the feel of the game. People can send you coordinates of their location, or of a place they want to meet, and you can set it as a waypoint on your map.
 Dark Moon
04-29-2003, 3:12 PM
Just a quick question about waypoints, can you activate multiple waypoints at a time? If so, how will you distinguish between them?
 Kyren Valinor
04-29-2003, 7:04 PM
So many questions, so little time :)

~K~
 Jackrabbit
04-29-2003, 7:09 PM
I'm pretty sure you can have multiple waypoints, but I'm not sure how to tell them apart. You can probably put labels on them.
 Dark Moon
04-30-2003, 2:53 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe you can assign different colors along with labels?
 Xavier GS
05-02-2003, 8:29 PM
The chat in game should be able to handle it. Some PA's plan on trying to use a program called "gamespeak" I think it's called, so you could actually talk to each other. Also keep in mind you can always ALT+TAB out of the game and use a 3rd party messenger like AIM or MSN, is works pretty good that way....

Waypoints: You can have tons of waypoints, you name them whatever you want them to be called, you locate them on your planetary map and activate/deactivate them whenever you want to get to one of them. You will surely want to have one located at your home/PA Hall/POI's.

Hope this helps.

~X~
Page: 1 of 1